Dr. Salvatore Bernardo

Grad. Year: 1993

Answers Email: Unknown
Online Appt. Scheduling: Unknown
Accepting New Patients:Y

Rating: 4.7 out of 5 (5 is best), based on 20 reviews. Dr. Salvatore Bernardo has an excellent overall rating on RateMDs.com. smile

New! - Questions and answers about this doctor

Q: what hospital is he associated with?    Email me    Answer it

The following ratings and comments have not been substantiated by RateMDs.com.
Date Staff Punctual Helpful Knowledge Review Comments

14/07/14 SYSTEM: 'birds of a feather' score (based on Medicare patients-in-common): 3.4
RID: 5452965
07/05/14 5 5 2 2 He belittled my history of doctors. Despite evidence of needed blood labs, he refused. Overall left me in tears. I felt no compassion.  Respond
RID: 5407477
21/04/14 5 1 1 1 Called to join as a new patient and they require a $1500 yearly membership to a wellness center for any new patients? They will not see you unless you are a member? Woman who answered the phone was nice though...  Respond
RID: 5210977
25/02/14 3 5 5 5 He is wonderful, very kind and caring and takes the time to LISTEN......hard to find with most Dr.'s today. Most of his staff is wonderful except for the one miserable one that you first talk to at the front desk.....she needs an attitude adjustment and personality..
Insurance: CIGNA
Paid (or co-pay): $25
RID: 1559284
12/10/11 5 5 5 5 Always helpful, always caring, and always available. He treats you with respect and caring.
RID: 1556672
08/10/11 5 5 5 5 Dr. Bernardo is simply wonderful in every conceivable way. He has been beyond kind and caring to my husband and myself.
RID: 1536337
13/09/11 5 5 5 5 Excellent Staff!!!! Courteous and prompt. Staff answers the phone promptly and are ALWAYS very helpful and kind. Nurses are the best! Doctor is wonderful too !!!
RID: 1475065
28/06/11 2 3 5 5 Dr Bernardo is wonderful.I always have a list of questions with me so I dont forget, and he always answers all of them without me ever feeling like I am being rushed. He is very conservative, which I like, but very thorough in his exams. I have never had a problem with anything he has asked me to do concerning my health. I do NOT LIKE HOWEVER< TRYING TO GET THROUGH BY PHONE< AND AS OTHERS HAS ALSO SAID ON THIS SITE< I RARELY GET A PERSON< ITS ALWAYS AN ANSWERING MACHINE AND YOU NEVER KNOW IF THEY GET THE MESSAGE OR NOT< BECAUSE SOMETIMES THEY CALL BACK THE NEXT DAY> So far, that is the only drawback. Having a friendly staff is always helpful, so sometimes they have to remember that as well. Our whole family adores Dr Bernardo
Insurance: Oxford
Paid (or co-pay): $25
RID: 1461595
10/06/11 2 4 5 5 I have a VERY difficult time getting through ont he phone to the office. It rings with no answer on a regular basis
RID: 1420965
20/04/11 5 5 5 5 Conservative approach. Caring, listening and responsive. Good with elderly.
RID: 1192820
19/06/10 5 4 5 5 He saved my life. You can't get any one better. He is understanding and will take as long as necessary to explain things to you. Covers all your options. Just a great doctor.
Paid (or co-pay): $15
RID: 1155659
23/04/10 4 5 5 5 Dr. Bernardo is a great doctor. He's very knowledgable, very friendly, and will take the time to answer all of your questions.
Paid (or co-pay): $20
RID: 1119296
03/03/10 5 4 5 5 Great personality. Explains everything so you can understand everything.
RID: 1086292
22/01/10 5 5 5 5 Explains your problem so it is very easy to understand. Takes a conservative approach for treatment. a rally good doctor.
Paid (or co-pay): $15
RID: 986659
14/09/09 5 4 5 5 Fantastic doctor. The only doctor I have ever felt comfortable talking to.
RID: 605651
03/06/08 3 5 5 5 I have been with Dr. Bernardo for about 4 years and he always takes a moment to understand the true nature of your visit. Dr. Bernardo does not just throw Rx's down your throat. He is a wonderful physician and I'm glad to have him as my doctor.
Insurance: United Healthcare
RID: 517093
18/02/08 3 4 5 5 Dr. Bernardo is the first doctor I have found where I do not feel "rushed" through an appointment. He takes the time to listen to your problem and then thoroughly explains his diagnosis instead of throwing a prescription in your hand. I think he is great!
RID: 392369
26/08/07 5 5 5 5 He is a wonderful doctor, far above the rest. Dr.Bernardo has helped my entire family with all our medical problems. My daughter had a brain tumor which he discovered after taking her to countless "specialists." He also discovered a condition in my legs I didnt even have a clue about. He has also guided me in the right direction with everything. He is extremely compassionate, with a great bedside manner. He gives you all the time in the world when you need to talk and really,really listens to what you are saying. My visits are ALWAYS on time. His knowledge is way above any other general internalist I have ever been to. I met him when I was hospitalized with a blood clot and I was so upset and traumatized by the ordeal and he calmed me down. He has a gentle touch and compassion above and beyond. He is truely a wonderful doctor. I've recommended him to many, many people and they are as well satisfied. Thank you.  Respond
RID: 238181
28/03/07 5 5 5 he has an enourmous amount of knowledge in all aspects of medicine, and will take alot of time to sit down and listen to you,, and then give you all your options on what to help you..,.TOP NOTCH DOCTOR,,, BEST I HAVE EVER SEEN
Paid (or co-pay): $500
RID: 51829
22/10/06 4 5 5 He's very caring and compassionate. Will always "be there" for patients. He is the epitomy of what a "family doctor" should be...and has a great bedside manner, too. And his staff is great, too.
Insurance: CIGNA
RID: 22208
03/02/06 4 5 5 Very caring and is always available to talk to you, the patient! He's the best!!!  Respond