You may also like

Rate Dr. David H. McCord

Dr. David H. McCord's Ratings

After 30 years of back pain Dr Mc
cord operated on my back and and replaced 2 disc with a artificially created cage. Within 2 months I was back at work with very little pain. Each month the back in better. I can now sleep and work, free of pain. I will recomend he and his staff to anyone one who has back issues. I went to 3 Drs. prior to th choosing Dr McCord and I believe I got the best Dr. He is professional and his testing equipment is state of the art. To my knowledge the upright MRI is not found anywhere else in Nashville. The quality of mylife has been greatly improved and I an apppreciate to him and his staff.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2774167].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 11, 2015

Thank you, Dr. McCord, for following through & getting an accurate diagnosis for my husband. My husband was unable to turn his neck at all. The only diagnosis we could get locally was a pulled muscle. After we saw Dr. McCord, he did several tests & knew what needed to be done. My husband had 2 neck surgeries. Dr. McCord & his nurse took the time to explain the procedure to us & what to expect. It was pretty much exactly as they described. After 4 weeks, my husband was able to return to work & back to his life. Thank you seems like such a small thing to say, but we mean it with all of our hearts. We are able to get back to our life! My husband has not only returned to work, but we are now back to being active in our church & with the youth. God Bless You & your staff! Always follow your gut with a patient, please! If you hadn't with my husband, his quality of life would be a lot different now!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2725110].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 17, 2015

I returned to Dr McCord , since he had performed my cervical surgery 14 years ago, and was now experiencing problems in another area of my neck. Once again , Dr. McCord fixed the problem with a proper pain management protocol. Dr. McCord is #1 in my book among the top surgeons.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2636182].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 28, 2014

Dr. McCord and his staff have been such a blessing to me and my family. While pain procedures had worked fairly well on my back problems for number years I had reached a point where they were no help. Therefore, I thought I would never be able to walk or sit again with out severe pain and I had decided early on that pain pills would be my very last resort. During Dr.Mccord's evaluation of my problems, being that I lived out of state, Dr. McCord 's staff made sure that all my testing and apointments were setup so that my wife and I made as few trips to Nashville as possible. After my evaluation was complete Dr. McCord explained my problems and how he surgically would solve my problems.
It has been a little over four months since my surgeries and I could not be happier. I am working full time, walking around two miles a day, am able to do some moderate yard work and enjoying playing with our grand kids.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2591864].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 24, 2014

Dr. David H. McCord's response
Thank you for taking the time to share your story with others. Dr. McCord typically sees patients who have severe chronic pain and/or unsuccessful treatments elsewhere. He works to get patients off pain medications and to help them become active again. He and his staff appreciate your comments and wish you all the best in the future.

Dr. David H. McCord's response
Thank you for taking the time to share your story with others. Dr. McCord typically sees patients who have severe chronic pain who many times have had unsuccessful treatments elsewhere. Getting patients off pain medications and helping them become physically active again is his goal, which requires patient trust and compliance. He and the staff appreciate your comments as this helps others who are where you once were. Dr. McCord and the staff wish you all the best in the future.

Submitted Oct. 30, 2014

Dr. McCord helped me after I had 2 previous failed surgeries elsewhere. No one else wanted to try to help me get off all the heavy narcotic pain medications. I had to take large doses which limited my life because I was so doped. I was so depressed that I could not do normal daily activities with my family and children. They had lost their mother to pain. Dr. McCord was referred to me by a friend of a friend who had been through similar circumstances. I cannot sing his praises enough. He was so compassionate and I am so thankful I finally got to him.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2589157].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 22, 2014

Dr. David H. McCord's response
This story is common among Dr. McCord's patients. Taking large doses of pain medications helps control pain but limits lifestyles through all the side effects. Most people do no want to live in that state, and that is the reason Dr. McCord works with patients to break that cycle once he treats the underlying causes of pain.

Submitted Oct. 30, 2014

Dr. McCord brought me from a downward spiral of mobility, unable to walk, to a state of health I never expected. Because of an on-the-job injury I had to progress through mandatory conservative treatments, which were of no help because I had three collapsed disc's. Due to the 6 years of this treatment before I was Dr. McCord's patient I have residual nerve damage, non-repairable.
His expertise in repairing my spine allows me to be ambulatory. Though, I am limited, it is due to the Federal practices mandated treatments that prevented me from obtaining the necessary corrective procedures. Without his care my health would be dependent upon pain killers. Prior to meeting Dr. McCord my last pain application was Fentanyl patches, which did not mask the sciatic pain. If, you follow he advise, he can help you.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2578975].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 15, 2014

Dr. David H. McCord's response
Thank you for sharing your story; unfortunately, it is more common that anyone would want to believe.
Dr. McCord works to help patients get the care they deserve, and he is so happy he could help you even though Federal delays causes permanent damage. You deserve the best in the future.

Submitted Oct. 30, 2014

I first saw Dr. McCord in 2010 after 2 failures to fuse in my C6/C7 cervical spine. I had also herniated my C5/C6 disk. He did 2 surgeries in 2 days. The first day was to remove the herniated disk and do a bone graph. During that same surgery he redid the failed fusion. The second day he went in through the back of my neck and did 2 bone graphs and placed rods. Two surgeries were needed to give me a better chance to fuse this time. The surgeries were successful. Unfortunately I had a wreck a few weeks after returning to work. Dr. McCord ended up having to remove the rods to ease my pain from the wreck. It was successful again. Recently I had started having pain again. I found out I had herniated my C4/C5 disk. In August of 2013 he did 2 more surgeries. I was back to work in 4 weeks. I have been off all pain medication since 6 weeks after surgery. I have had a total of 7 neck surgeries in 7 years and I feel better today than I have in 10 years. I would highly recommend Dr. McCord.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2027733].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 6, 2013

Dr. David H. McCord's response
Dr. McCord appreciates you posting your story. It gives others encouragement who have multiple disk issues. Even with your complicated history, recovering quickly and coming off pain medications is the typical outcome for Dr. McCord's patients who follow his advice. May your health be blessed in the years ahead.

Submitted Oct. 30, 2014

This doctor is beyond unprofessional . My father contracted merser after a botched back surgery in 2009 and has been in and out St. Thomas 6 times for surgery to correct and attempt to save his life from this infection. When i contact Dr Mccord for his medical malpratice insurance im met with denial and excuses why he can not provide said information nor will he return our calls. Be smart stay away from this doctor and any hospital he works out of.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2027732].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 5, 2013

Dr. David H. McCord's response
Our staff has researched our records and we cannot find any patients who fit this story.

Submitted Oct. 30, 2014

Excellent outcome of surgery on cervical area. Now, over 12 years without pain.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2027731].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 25, 2013

Dr. David H. McCord's response
Thank you for this post. It is wonderful you are living pain free.

Submitted Oct. 30, 2014

Dr. McCord treated my father, and his insight and skill surpassed the other orthopaedist and neurosurgeons my father had previously consulted. Passed off as too difficult to treat or as a chronic complainer, he was sent to pain management to deal with his excruciating pain after their surgeries. The heavy meds created many side effects and didn't alleviate his pain. Dr. McCord utilized Upright MRI technology which fully diagnosed Dad's problems. Dr. McCord was extremely professional and compassionate. He fully explained in laymen's terms my Dad's issues and recommendations. Because of Dr. McCord and his care, my father no longer expressed the desire to check out. I credit Dr. McCord for extending my father's life. As a daddy's girl, I cannot thank Dr. McCord enough for what he did for him. May he continue to practice many years ahead and help others who are in my Dad's place.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2027730].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 24, 2013

Dr. David H. McCord's response
Thank you for sharing this heartfelt story. When one family member suffers with medical ailments, it often affects the entire family. Dr. McCord understands this personally, and underlies his practice philosophy to restore patients to as normal a lifestyle as he possibly can.