Rate Dr. David H. McCord

Dr. David H. McCord's Ratings

I first saw Dr. McCord in 2010 after 2 failures to fuse in my C6/C7 cervical spine. I had also herniated my C5/C6 disk. He did 2 surgeries in 2 days. The first day was to remove the herniated disk and do a bone graph. During that same surgery he redid the failed fusion. The second day he went in through the back of my neck and did 2 bone graphs and placed rods. Two surgeries were needed to give me a better chance to fuse this time. The surgeries were successful. Unfortunately I had a wreck a few weeks after returning to work. Dr. McCord ended up having to remove the rods to ease my pain from the wreck. It was successful again. Recently I had started having pain again. I found out I had herniated my C4/C5 disk. In August of 2013 he did 2 more surgeries. I was back to work in 4 weeks. I have been off all pain medication since 6 weeks after surgery. I have had a total of 7 neck surgeries in 7 years and I feel better today than I have in 10 years. I would highly recommend Dr. McCord.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2027733].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 6, 2013

This doctor is beyond unprofessional . My father contracted merser after a botched back surgery in 2009 and has been in and out St. Thomas 6 times for surgery to correct and attempt to save his life from this infection. When i contact Dr Mccord for his medical malpratice insurance im met with denial and excuses why he can not provide said information nor will he return our calls. Be smart stay away from this doctor and any hospital he works out of.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2027732].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 5, 2013

Excellent outcome of surgery on cervical area. Now, over 12 years without pain.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2027731].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 25, 2013

Dr. McCord treated my father, and his insight and skill surpassed the other orthopaedist and neurosurgeons my father had previously consulted. Passed off as too difficult to treat or as a chronic complainer, he was sent to pain management to deal with his excruciating pain after their surgeries. The heavy meds created many side effects and didn't alleviate his pain. Dr. McCord utilized Upright MRI technology which fully diagnosed Dad's problems. Dr. McCord was extremely professional and compassionate. He fully explained in laymen's terms my Dad's issues and recommendations. Because of Dr. McCord and his care, my father no longer expressed the desire to check out. I credit Dr. McCord for extending my father's life. As a daddy's girl, I cannot thank Dr. McCord enough for what he did for him. May he continue to practice many years ahead and help others who are in my Dad's place.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2027730].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 24, 2013

Dr. McCord, operated on my lower back and did an excellent job. If I ever needed anything done to my spine he would be the Doctor I would use.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2027729].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 3, 2013

Dr. McCord is the Sinal Miracle Doc! I highly recommend Dr. McCord and his staff. I was skeptical aabout spinal surgery and its implications but after my success with Dr. McCord- I wouldn't hesitate if needed again as long as Dr. McCord is my surgeon.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2027728].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 6, 2013

Dr. McCord did 2 surgeries on me. He fused two burst/bulging spaces in my lumbar and one space in my neck. Both operations were very successful. His staff was very nice as well. I was treated well. He has a lot of patients and slowness sometimes comes with a popular surgeon. Also, not every person can be 100% free of pain. I think he is a skilled surgeon. He won't listen to whiners begging for drugs though, so if you rely heavily on pain meds, see somebody who is more lenient with the drugs.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2027727].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 21, 2011

I love Dr McCord...I think he is a very good surgeon...but, I think he is pushing his new MRI machine too much, and is losing sight of his profession. The staff is very nice, but..my insurance was canceled due to their not getting the paper work into, my long term disability in a timely manner, plus they did the same with the short term disability. I have fought with the staff numerous times to get my paper work into my insurance. Now I am not only still in pain from surgery from Oct 10,2010 I have to take nerve pills to prevent having a stroke. I do not blame the Dr for my back pain, I believe he can only work with what he is given. I had the front and back surgery as well 4 discs replaced, hardware removed in March 2011 and still in pain.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2027726].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 27, 2011

After 2 unsuccessful lumbar fusions in Indiana, I had severe pain in my back and left leg. I could not straighten up and walked with a cane. The IN neurosurgeon was ready to go back in to "tweak" his other work. We went to see Dr. McCord. He did the front and back surgeries. I can now stand up straight and have no pain. We consider the results as a physican-assisted miracle. He and his staff are amazing. They explained everything to us and answered all our questions. They are all very knowledgeable and at the same time very compassionate. We prayed that God would open a door and we had enough faith to walk through that door and we will always be thankful that we did.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2027725].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 21, 2011

This doctor genuinely seemed very knowledgeable about what he diagnosed as problem and explained it in detail. Since surgery to cervical the "majority" of pain issue is gone however I have another problem that has increased in severity. I suffer from Occipital Neuropathy and this doctor can't seem to grasp what that is. But I feel he just isn't familiar with it and disregards it becuase of that. As I understand it, it is known that surgery in the cervical can bring this issue on or make it worse if already present. In my case it was already present and already diagnosed. I only recently discovered that it had been diagnosed back in 08' but never told to me by that doctor. Dr McCord is a good man who tries very hard to find and fix the problem. He just doesn't always have a happy ending. He is very helpful and listens closely to what I say and I feel he takes that into account. His one drawback is slowness in the legal paperwork sent out in timely manner.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2027724].votes_count ]]