Dr. Edward P. Weiss

Foreign Lang: Spanish

Answers Email: Y
Online Appt. Scheduling: Unknown
Accepting New Patients:N

Rating: 5.0 out of 5 (5 is best), based on 19 reviews. Dr. Edward P. Weiss has an excellent overall rating on RateMDs.com. smile

New! - Questions and answers about this doctor

The following ratings and comments have not been substantiated by RateMDs.com.
Date Staff Punctual Helpful Knowledge Review Comments
RID: 2919147
18/10/13 4 4 5 5 Dr. Weiss is a wonderful Doctor, he takes time to listen his patient and always give good input. After having some bad experiences with Doctors, I am pleasantly surprised to find such a dedicated Doctor who looks after his patients well. Some Doctor's become jaded by experience, but not in this case Dr. Weiss seems always to be very interested in his patients and goes to a great deal of trouble to be helpful. Certainly, I would recommend him to anyone looking for a Doctor.
RID: 2743876
01/08/13 3 5 5 5 Dr. Weiss always takes the time to listen to my issues / concerns and then explains very thoroughly the results of tests and physicals. He referred me to an excellent surgeon and the surgery was a success. Many doctors rush you in and out and that leave one feeling anxious and marginalized. Dr. Weiss is the opposite and provides undivided attention and even ask you to email the patientsite or call the office if problems persist.
RID: 2470116
09/11/12 5 5 5 5 Dr. Weiss is a fantastic doctor, in every way. I have been his patient for more than 10 years now. I have fibromyalgia and often have special requests for new things I would like to try. Dr. Weiss is always supportive of my pain, my requests, and genuinely cares. He is punctual in his visit timing (I rarely wait more than 5-10 minutes for him, and never in the waiting room). His staff is friendly also, and remembers me and my family. I highly recommend Dr. Weiss for his care and knowledge.
RID: 2455971
24/10/12 5 5 5 5 Dr. Weiss is the most wonderful Doctor. He doesn't try to cure everything with a pill and always asks about your eating habits and exercise habits. He is the only doctor I have ever had that doesn't try to rush you out the door. So happy that he is my Doctor!  Respond
RID: 2417491
05/09/12 5 5 5 5 Dr. Weiss is fantastic! He's very knowledgeable and is quick to get back to you when you need answers.
Insurance: Harvard-Pilgrim
Respond

16/08/12 SYSTEM: Accepting New Patients changed to "N"
RID: 2396752
08/08/12 5 5 5 5 Dr. Weiss is an incredible physician, as others have already stated-- incredibly caring, thorough, and kind. I could not have asked for a better PCP and feel so fortunate that I have him guiding my medical care.
RID: 1472737
25/06/11 4 4 5 5 I feel fortunate to have found such a capable and trustworthy doctor. The nurse practioners in the office are also very capable.
Insurance: United Healthcare
RID: 1310020
08/12/10 5 4 5 5 Bar none the best doctor I have ever had. The prior comments do a good job of explaining why he is unusually good: attentiveness, bedside manner, breadth of knowledge.  Respond
RID: 1110287
19/02/10 3 4 5 5 I have been going to Dr Weiss for ten years- He is wonderful- Has an immense-vast knowledge and range in medicine- He is compassionate and caring to each patient. He is the best physician I have encountered in Boston. He takes time to listen and answers emails to all patients
Insurance: Tufts
RID: 1003557
06/10/09 3 4 5 5 I've been going to Dr. Weiss for probably 5years and he's great. He takes the time to actually listen to you and talk with you and then holistically treat you. I also like that he is somewhat aware of appropriate use of complementary/alternative care options (like acupuncture for treating high blood pressure, exercise for weight/BP/stress management, nutrition and supplementation, etc.) and is not afraid to suggest these options to you (or recommend that you explore the possibility of incorporating these options into your regime) as appropriate. I believe Dr. Weiss is an advocate for preventive care and well care, not just one of those docs who treats you after you're sick. I recommend him to anyone I know who is looking for a doctor.
Insurance: CIGNA
RID: 974449
28/08/09 3 5 5 5 I found Dr. Weiss through this website and was so happy I did especially since I had a horrible experience with my previous doctor (who was given an awful rating on here). I was kind of nervous having a male doctor, but his bedside manner was so superb. He's an amazing doctor. The best I ever had. I was misdiagnosed by my last doctor and he fixed the problem right away. He is very knowledgeable and very helpful. Doesn't have an ego like typical doctors and is unlike any male doctor. Very kind, gentle and a true angel. When you email him, he gets back to you very quickly. Although he isn't punctual...(what doctor is?), he takes the time and doesn't rush you so he is worth the wait. His staff is wonderful, except for one of the nurse practitioners there.
Insurance: Harvard-Pilgrim
RID: 643274
20/07/08 5 5 5 5 Dr. Weiss is a wonderful Doctor, very thorough, and good at diagnosing problems. He really is very dedicated to his patient, and does his very best to solve health issues. Also, a very nice person as well. He's one of he best doctors I have been to, and I would highly recommend him to anyone.
RID: 567531
15/04/08 2 4 5 5 Dr. Weiss is an excellent physician with a very good bedside manner. He takes the time to listen, and makes you feel like you're his number one concern. I'm sure he's an incredibly busy doctor, but he consistenly gives 100% at every appt. I wish I could take him with my as my PCP when I move to another state this summer!  Respond
RID: 445227
16/11/07 1 5 5 5 Dr. Weiss is very attentive and thorough. Great bedside manner. He handled every medical concern of mine with great attention and genuine concern. After having a new patient check-up, I looked forward to Dr. Weiss being my primary care physician. HOWEVER, his exceptionally surly and patronizing administrative staff has made me take my business elsewhere. A family member also had the same, independent experience with Dr. Weiss's administrative staff. Sadly, I do not think a good doctor is worth the headache and heartburn that comes from dealing with a rude, discourteous administrative staff.
RID: 314132
09/05/07 5 5 5 Always friendly and attentive. I highly recommend Dr. Weiss. Unfortunately, I recently left for another PCP due to the difficulty of travling into downtown. His office is hard to get to when you're working in the burbs. I'm absolutely regretting that now. If I'm ever working anywhere close to downtown again, I'll be back in a heartbeat.  Respond
RID: 121261
31/01/07 5 5 5 What can I say, this guy is the best! Super punctual, super attentive, super personable! You will not feel rushed at all. Really takes his time to listen to and address your concerns. Great if you work downtown as his office is right on washington street. I got his name from this web site and I couldn't be happier so I thought I'd pass the word along and hopefully help someone else who does not know where to go. Good luck!
RID: 45881
18/09/06 4 5 5 Dr Weiss is great. he always takes as much time as I need and answers every question as thoroughly as he can. if he doesn't have an answer he finds it and gets back to me. He's always very professional.
Insurance: Aetna
RID: 43462
02/09/06 3 5 5 great experience. He wasn't on time (30 min.) but when he did get to me he was all there.
Insurance: Tufts
Paid (or co-pay): $10
RID: 21973
30/01/06 3 4 5 fantastic dr with excellent bedside manner. very good at following through with patients.  Respond