Rate Dr. Hae-Dong Jho

Dr. Hae-Dong Jho's Ratings

In May 2012, I had L5-S1 , for foraminotomy related to lumbar spondolithesis. Presumably this endoscopic procedure was 90% successful in his patients. What a mistake! He made my condition worse and would not return phone calls. On follow-up, he was extremely rude and blamed the poor results on me (I was exaggerating my pain). To this day, I live with significant pain. As someone below pointed out, this guy is a creep.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2637425].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 30, 2014

After suffering with lower lumbar pain extending down my leg into my foot, chiropractic visits, multiple injections and physical therapy (made it worse) for a year, it was recommended I see Dr. Jho. Following surgery I had immediate relief, very small incision and good recovery. I would recommend Dr. Jho to anyone needing back surgery.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2624194].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 18, 2014

Dr. Jho is the best. Hands down. I went thru shot ofter shot, physical therapy it actually made my pain worse. UPMC daid they could fuse s1 and L5 and L4 and L3. He cleaned up the disc between s1 and L5. felt better as soon as I woke up. 2 years later I feel great. No complaints. questions jeff5038@gmail.com

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2461944].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 2, 2014

had minimally invasive cervical spine surgery by dr jho in 2001. i was supposed to have another later on. my neck was pretty screwed up, 2 levels. my first consult was at vanderbilt university neurosurgical dept. they recommended 2 surgeries. 1st anterior cervical, and then at a later date, posterior cervical. so i went to see dr jho, not wanting a big bone graft in my neck. i sent an mri up to him, he contacted me personally, (he was still at upmc, pittsburgh) told me he could help. we drove up, i had a detailed, thorough consult, and the surgery was performed the next day. i was up to the bathroom by myself that night. had a bandaid over the neck incision! no stitches. it was the best i'd felt in years. like i said though, i still need another surgery, and worry that i've waited too long.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2461943].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 12, 2014

In January 2007, I had L5-S1 , for foraminotomy related to lumbar spondolithesis. I bought into the Dr. Jho story! Simple endoscopic procedure and 80-90% have immediate and significant pain relief. After surgery, my pain was much worse and I developed foot drop instantly and lost my achilles reflex. Dr. Jho's surgical team came out after surgery and told my family member that they had to "manipulate the nerve" to complete surgery. Several days later, he denied manipulating that nerve. I spent months in rehab, opioid pain relievers, spinal block procedures. Dr. Jho is incompetent, rude, and creepy. Avoid his practice at all costs. The medical review board should take away his license.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2028717].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 14, 2014

I wish I could give a higher rating.. but i can't. While Dr. Jho may be knowledgeable and groundbreaking in his procedures and has clients from around the globe, my experience has been a negative one. I saw Dr. Jho for spinal stenosis. The procedure was, at this point two months later, an abject failure. I'm in more pain now than before and less capable of walking, lifting, etc. The Dr. Jho, and most of his staff, have the personalities of a board -- stiff and unhelpful. I called almost every week to say I was still in great pain, and I had very little compassion from them, and the feeling I was bothering them. The day of my surgery, I was three hours late going in, and found out I was patient six of six that day -- they had two surgical theaters going. Truly assembly-line procedure. I'm happy I have quality insurance. I'd hate to be an Obamacare policy holder with $10,000 out-of-pocket before my insurance kicked in. Do careful research before committing to Jho. Get 2nd & 3rd opinions.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2028715].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 12, 2013

I tried shots, painkillers, and was recommended for a fusion- Saw Dr.Jho on a whim- Had a bad C 5-6. Yelped like I had tourettes- He fixed me in 1 day with no permanent hardware- I Recommended him to a friend of mine who was a surgeon whose hands were going numb- He went to Dr.Jho and raved about being pain free same day- Also said that he thought he was a genius. I was unaware of that level of skill, but believe my friend...

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2028714].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 7, 2011

First off, the office staff is terrible. Not sure who the others worked with, my people new nothing, never sent me any hospital paperwork, didn't know where to go for my operation the day of, what entrance, floor, who to call, what time. I was scheduled very early, 6:00am, didn't go in till 4:30 in the afternoon and I had nothing to eat or drink and couldn't. Now, Dr Jho warned me my operation might not work, and it didn't. I'm in more pain now then when I went in. I was told there is nothing else to try. I paid $3000.00 up front and got waked with a $1000.00 bill 2 months later from the Anesthesiologists, Suprise, thought the payments were covered up front, was my first operation ever and I'm 47. Now I'm still in horrible pain and I'm still paying for this operation. Dr Jho's skills were awesome, it's considered Brain surgery and I was up eating the same night. I wish the whole thing never happened. But I was warned and took my chances because I am Desperate, Help IN PAIN 24 hrs a Day

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2028716].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 24, 2011

Go, Go Dr. Jho. At 46 yrs of age I was suffering from severe spinal stenosis at the cervical spine. My first and second opinions both recommended discectomy/fusion for the C5-6/6-7 vertebrae. Dr. Jho's office called the afternoon before i was to undergo the procedure to say STOP THE FUSION! He did his thing and i'm very near 100% and continuing to improve. Feel great! The whole procedure went better than i ever expected. Kudos to Dr. Jho, his excellent staff and all the good folks at AGH. If you fuse, you loose!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2028713].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 5, 2011

Dr. Jho operated on my father and saved his life after a local surgeon almost killed him and did not know why. Dr Jho knew from the MRI. He also operated on my husband an me, removing bone spurs, significantly reducing our pain. Locally, they told my husband there was nothing they could do for him, after trying shots in the neck and theropy. My husband would have become paralyzed with in a couple of months without surgery. In all thre cases, we were in over night, out the next day with no complications. We stayedin the area for a couple of days in a local hotel and then traveled back home. It was worth going to Pittsburgh, about 400 miles from home. We would have gone across the country for Dr. Jho. He is the man.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2028712].votes_count ]]