Rate Dr. Kevin Gill

Dr. Kevin Gill's Ratings

I absolutely love Dr. Gill. I just had a fusion last month. He is the most knowledgeable doctor I've ever met. I don't know why some people have an issue with his bedside manner. Yes he is direct but in a very friendly and warm manner. When he came to check on me after my surgery he cared only about my comfort. He spent alot of time talking to me wss not rushed at all. Granted it was 6 in the morning but who sleeps in the hospital anyway.lol would highly recommend him. Less than a month after my fusion I am almost pain free. I just went to my last visit. He showed me my xray and told me I was good to go and if I felt I wasn't doing as well as I thought then come back in March and he would take a look. He let's you decide on returning to work based on how you feel not on what a books says you should be returning. I would never trust anyone else with my spine after this. I can not stress enough how intelligent and caring he is. Going to him is the best choice I've ever made regarding my spine.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2652732].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 14, 2014

Dr Gill did my First surgery in 1991. I'd been told by TWO other surgeons that I'd probably never walk without assistance again. WRONG. He did a spectacular fusion that lasted almost 20 years. I was injured again and he first did a decompression laminectomy then 3 months later did a laminectomy with intervertebral instrumentation. I was up walking in the recovery room. He's the BEST in his field and the ONLY person I trust with my spine.

Thank You.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2650408].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 11, 2014

During my visit Dr. Gill did not examine me but just recommended an MRI because he stated that the X-rays detailing abnormalities were not informative. After the MRI results came in he declined a second appointment to explain the findings of the MRI. He only told the nurse to call to tell me that my spine problems were the same as what one would expect from most 70-year old's but did not explain why some 70-year olds do not have lower back pain. He did not recommend a course of action except to tell me to go see a pain specialist. That is not what one would expect from an expert.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2647526].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 9, 2014

UNBELIVEABLE….what a bunch of cry-babies. Bedside manner…who cares; yes, he was direct and to the point. My surgical experience (May 2002), with Dr. Kevin Gill was outstanding. He promptly identified and diagnosed my medical problems and recommended immediate corrective surgery for laminotomy (hermilanineetomy), w/decompression of nerve roots, including partial faceloctomy, & herniated intervertebrated disk, in addition to one interspace, lumbar. Post-surgery (same day) I was able to walk with no pain. Within a few months, I was back playing golf and did not have any re-occurring problems until December, 2013, when I re-injured my spine. I presently reside in Colorado and I am scheduled for an MRI this week and in the event I am diagnosed to potentially require corrective surgery, I will travel to Dallas for diagnosis and treatment by Dr. Kevin Gill.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][748814].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 8, 2013

Dr Gill is fantastic. He was patient, attentive, understanding and extremely knowledgeable. He offered other options I could try before resolving to surgery. When I opted for surgery, I was scheduled promptly and he did a phenomenal job on my coccygectomy. It has been only 6 weeks since surgery and I am already pain free!

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][748813].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 31, 2013

Is being and now has been 7 days am walking over a mile I have no pain the constant like it was before I would refer him to anybody "thank you" After 20 minutes office visit and eight days later I was in for surgery. the constant pain was gone after 10 years

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][748812].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 1, 2013

I was a little apprehensive after reading some of the comments by others on this site prior to my consultation visit with Dr. Gill. I found him to be cordial, friendly and very professional. He not only discussed my low back problem and the surgery to "fix" it, but voluntarily gave me medical advice on another issue I'm facing. His nurse was most helpful as well, going an extra mile to look up some information on a question I had about the procedure he would use. I would not hesitate to allow Dr. Gill to perform surgery on my back.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][748811].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 26, 2013

I was positively impressed with Dr. Gill. Unlike my experience with other doctors, he took the time to explain things in detail and the time to listen and respond to my questions and treat me as an intelligent adult.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][748810].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 19, 2012

Yes, It is true that Dr. Gill may be very curt and very confident. Perhaps, SUPER confident. However, he earned it. I met Dr. Gill 11 years ago after experiencing pain and numbness going down my right arm, I met Dr. Gill performed. He did conduct a physical exam on me and ordered an MRI. It was determined that I needed a discectomy performed on my disc at C5. Unfortunately, 4 months later when I resumed my workout, I herniated my disc @ C5 and Dr. Gill then perfumed a 2-level fusion @ C5-6 & C6-7 4 months later. I will tell you this. If you can acknowledge he is just a unique individual with an air, he knows what he is doing. I had no problems for 10 years until recently. Due to working out too much! Yes I will place my neck back in Dr. Kevin Gill's hands. You will heal quickly with Dr. Gill because he will not baby you and pump you up with too many unnecessary pain killers. He will move you as quickly as possible back to living and feeling good.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][748809].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 13, 2012

Dr. Gill is at the top of his field. He is knowledgeable and passionate about helping his patients. His follow-up is excellent. He has a great reputation among other physicians. I could not imagine a better choice.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][748808].votes_count ]]