Rate Dr. Kevin Gill

Dr. Kevin Gill's Ratings

UNBELIVEABLE….what a bunch of cry-babies. Bedside manner…who cares; yes, he was direct and to the point. My surgical experience (May 2002), with Dr. Kevin Gill was outstanding. He promptly identified and diagnosed my medical problems and recommended immediate corrective surgery for laminotomy (hermilanineetomy), w/decompression of nerve roots, including partial faceloctomy, & herniated intervertebrated disk, in addition to one interspace, lumbar. Post-surgery (same day) I was able to walk with no pain. Within a few months, I was back playing golf and did not have any re-occurring problems until December, 2013, when I re-injured my spine. I presently reside in Colorado and I am scheduled for an MRI this week and in the event I am diagnosed to potentially require corrective surgery, I will travel to Dallas for diagnosis and treatment by Dr. Kevin Gill.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][748814].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 8, 2013

Dr Gill is fantastic. He was patient, attentive, understanding and extremely knowledgeable. He offered other options I could try before resolving to surgery. When I opted for surgery, I was scheduled promptly and he did a phenomenal job on my coccygectomy. It has been only 6 weeks since surgery and I am already pain free!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][748813].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 31, 2013

Is being and now has been 7 days am walking over a mile I have no pain the constant like it was before I would refer him to anybody "thank you" After 20 minutes office visit and eight days later I was in for surgery. the constant pain was gone after 10 years

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][748812].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 1, 2013

I was a little apprehensive after reading some of the comments by others on this site prior to my consultation visit with Dr. Gill. I found him to be cordial, friendly and very professional. He not only discussed my low back problem and the surgery to "fix" it, but voluntarily gave me medical advice on another issue I'm facing. His nurse was most helpful as well, going an extra mile to look up some information on a question I had about the procedure he would use. I would not hesitate to allow Dr. Gill to perform surgery on my back.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][748811].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 26, 2013

I was positively impressed with Dr. Gill. Unlike my experience with other doctors, he took the time to explain things in detail and the time to listen and respond to my questions and treat me as an intelligent adult.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][748810].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 19, 2012

Yes, It is true that Dr. Gill may be very curt and very confident. Perhaps, SUPER confident. However, he earned it. I met Dr. Gill 11 years ago after experiencing pain and numbness going down my right arm, I met Dr. Gill performed. He did conduct a physical exam on me and ordered an MRI. It was determined that I needed a discectomy performed on my disc at C5. Unfortunately, 4 months later when I resumed my workout, I herniated my disc @ C5 and Dr. Gill then perfumed a 2-level fusion @ C5-6 & C6-7 4 months later. I will tell you this. If you can acknowledge he is just a unique individual with an air, he knows what he is doing. I had no problems for 10 years until recently. Due to working out too much! Yes I will place my neck back in Dr. Kevin Gill's hands. You will heal quickly with Dr. Gill because he will not baby you and pump you up with too many unnecessary pain killers. He will move you as quickly as possible back to living and feeling good.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][748809].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 13, 2012

Dr. Gill is at the top of his field. He is knowledgeable and passionate about helping his patients. His follow-up is excellent. He has a great reputation among other physicians. I could not imagine a better choice.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][748808].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 9, 2012

Dr. Gill met me with a smile and and said "I don't why you've come to see me. You already know there is nothing I can do for you." HUH? He based this on xrays from another doctor. He gave me no examination at all. No explanation at all. In short, he showed absolutely no interest in learning anything about me or my medical history. I've never encountered a more arrogant doctor. I left fighting tears and anger. Recently, I saw another spinal specialist who said "I can relieve your pain." He is kind and empathetic and former patients I have talked with have high praise for him. A shocking occurrance: I recently met a woman who saw Dr. Gill about a year ago -- he told her there was nothing he could do for her. Just like my experience, his opinion was based on NO examination at all. She found another back specialist who is helping considerably. I don't know how Dr. Gill got where he is. On a scale of 1 to 10, I would rate him an emphatic zero.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][748807].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 6, 2012

Great doctor. Gave me a clear and honest opinion and was open to me pursuing other option such as disk injections and therapy. I was very reluctant to surgery but afterward I can't believe I waited so long.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][748806].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 23, 2012

Did NOT listen and panicked at the thought of a second opinion. Insisted that any doctor I see will give a different opinion and he is the only one that is right. His opinion contradicted the radiologist, emergency room Dr. who said they had never seen a surgery like he did it on me. I wouldn't go back to him on a bet. He also gave misleading information on fusions. It takes 3 years? Yeah right. I will not be going back to him under any circumstances and when I get his initial surgery fixed will probably sue him.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][748805].votes_count ]]