Rate Dr. Robert W. Walker

Dr. Robert W. Walker's Ratings

I have been bringing my 4 children to Dr. Walker for 17 years. He was there for birth of all of them. He is compassionate, professional, could set a frantic mother at ease with a phone call. Dr. Walker has been with my kids longer and spent more time with them then their father. Now this wonderful doctor is no longer practicing at Healthcare south. I believe this was his decision. He would never leave his patients the way did. The atmosphere in Healthcare South changed in the last year. It no longer felt like a small town dr, but more of a cattle call. Once you got to him, your child got his full attention. drove past his office probably daily. I would see him in his office at 9 and 10 many nights. Now I go by the building and it's lights out at 5. I no longer go to Health Care South. I feel it was a terrible dis service to all of his patients for Healthcare South to let a Dr. of his caliber go.. It's taken this long to be able to speak out about it. The way it was handled was wrong and I blame Health Care South. Whatever the issue was I can't believe it was bad enough. I would vouch for Dr. Walker in a heartbeat. We miss him.
I give him 5 stars in everything. Did we wait sometimes? Yes but it was always worth it.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2631224].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 24, 2014

Dr. Walker is the best, he is so good with my teenager son and take a lot of time with him in troubling times. We don't have enough doctors like him . Always takes phone calls on weekends and gets back to you.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2331297].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 17, 2014

Dr. Walker is old school in the best ways. He calls you directly for follow up. He has seen my kids on multiple occasions on the weekends. When they were born, he spent time with us in the hospital. He explains things, he talks to the kids on their level, he takes his time with you (the parent) and your kids. You can call with questions and his nurses are good, some better than others. In exchange for the excellent, attentive care, sometimes you have to wait. To me, it's worth it ten times over. I NEVER feel like a number with Dr. Walker or his team. I highly recommend and am thankful to have him.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][329063].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 16, 2013

Great doctor - relates to kids of all ages. My toddler doesn't go to anyone easily but Dr Walker made him feel comfortable enough that within a minute he was laughing and playing around with him as if he had known him for ever.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][329062].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 21, 2011

My three kids, 17-13-11, have been with Dr. Walker now for close to 13 years. He is wonderful and very attentive. The kids trust him, and feel comfortable at visits. Since leaving the previous practice, Doctor Walker's wait time has improved 100% and his doctor - patient chat time has increased tremendously. So thrilled, would recommend to anyone looking for a great doctor, who doesn't over-prescribe, and cares about your kids.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][329061].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 7, 2011

Dr. Walker has taken care of my three children (16, 31 and 11) since birth. We are blessed to have him and think the world of him. He is thorough, dedicated and compassionate. We could not be happier

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][329060].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 25, 2011

The very best. Always there for us! We love him. Thank you Doc!!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][329059].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 4, 2011

My daughter has seen Dr. Walker for the past 17 years and LOVES him! He makes her feel very comfortable talking about any topic! he is a STRONG advocate for his pts and will not stop until your child gets the care they deserve. I rated 4 for punctuality because sometimes you need to wait to see him but once you have him, he gives you his UNDIVIDED attention. I have never been rushed and have every question answered.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][329058].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 13, 2011

We have been with Dr. Walker for over 20 years. Our boys totally trust him and ask to see him when they are sick or have questions. He is very competent an a 100% advocate for our children. Only go to him if you are going to follow through and do what he tells you.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][329057].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 7, 2011

Dr. Walker is wonderful. My son has been going to him for 7 years now. He is great with kids. Very caring! He gets down and inneracts with them on their level. He also make notes of funny little things that the child has said or about something that the child wants to be when they are older and then he asks them about it on their next visit. We have never had a problem with his office staff and are always seen on time even when calling last minute to make an appointment.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][329056].votes_count ]]