Dr. Michael P. Blum

Grad. Year:

Answers Email: Unknown
Online Appt. Scheduling: Unknown
Accepting New Patients:Y

Rating: 3.9 out of 5 (5 is best), based on 26 reviews. Dr. Michael P. Blum has a good overall rating on RateMDs.com. smile

New! - Questions and answers about this doctor

Oral Surgeon-related: dental implants, tooth removal, TMJ, jaw surgery
The following ratings and comments have not been substantiated by RateMDs.com.
Date Staff Punctual Helpful Knowledge Review Comments

16/07/14 SYSTEM: 2 positive duplicate or disallowed ratings automatically removed
RID: 5511511
04/06/14 5 5 5 5 Needed emergency oral surgery and he saw me the same day i called for the appt. He removed two teeth and i went home feeling much better but expecting to have much pain for the next couple of days while healing. BUT on day 2 i was only taking ibuprofen for the pain, he did such a good job.  Respond
RID: 2583602
12/03/13 5 5 5 5 I have read the other reviews and cannot agree more wholheartedly that Dr. Blum is one of the best and nicest Doctors I have ever been to. He and his entire staff were not only professional but very supportive and friendly. They treated me with the utmost respect at all times explicitly explaining every aspect of my treatment along the way. The results of my surgery for my facial fractues was superb. Every step along the way, from my first encounter to my last visit to dealing with the financial aspects and my insurance, as well as refunding a portion of my deposit was first class. I recommend Dr. Blum with enthusiam and gratitude.
RID: 1515163
17/08/11 5 5 5 5 This is my second time to be treated by Dr. Blum - for two separate accidents. I am another very very happy patient. This experience was even better than my first experience (if that is possible). My surgery was expeditious, flawless, and a perfect result. The surgery was at Anaheiom Surgicenter, which is Dr. Blum's Surgicente and a wonderful state of the art facility. I couldn't be happier and I would not go to any other Doctor if I ever require Maxillofacial surgery again.
RID: 1505637
06/08/11 5 5 5 5 My primary care doctor recommended Dr. Blum. I also called my Insurance company, who also recommended Dr. Blum. I am so gratefull that he was recommended and provided my treatment. I underwent surgery to remove a large tumor from my jaw, which required reconstruction with a bone graft. The surgeries went without a glitch with the results being perfect. I required three surgeries, two in the hospital and one in Anaheim Surgicenter. The office was so helpful. The receptionist, Trina was so thorough and professional. The insurance was handled completely by Dr. Blum,s office and by Anaheim Surgicenter. Trina explained the charges to me and advised me of my costs. Gloria, the office manager, thoroughly explained the EOB to me and the amount I owed and worked out a very fare payment plan. My gratitude and deepest thanks go to Dr. Blum and his staff.  Respond
RID: 1477196
30/06/11 4 3 3 3 I took my daughter for a procedure. I was quoted to pay one thousand out of pocket ,but after five months I received a bill for an additional one thousand. I called the office Gloria was always out. I finally spoke to her she said she would work on it and call the insurance. I got a hold of her a couple of months later, then she said my account was going to be sent to small claims, I told her I would call her back on a certain date. I got caught up and called her a few days later, in that time she charged my ex husband’s credit card because they had it on file she went ahead and did that. Gloria is not helpful at all she just wants to charge money. This cost us more than three thousand dollars with what the insurance paid. OH by the way Dr. Blum did and additional procedure knowing it would not be covered. Very sneaky doctor and biller they know how to make money.
Insurance: Delta Dental
Paid (or co-pay): $2
Respond

22/05/11 SYSTEM: 2 positive duplicate or disallowed ratings automatically removed
RID: 1258123
24/09/10 5 5 5 5 Amazing, everyone from front office to back office. The Doctor was amazing. Everyone was so caring. They spent an inordinate amount of time going over everything with me, from the treament options, to the costs, to my insurance coverage. Every explanation was also given to me in writing. My surgical experience and results were also amazing. I wish all Doctors and their office staff were like Dr. Blum and his office personel  Respond
RID: 1256350
22/09/10 5 5 5 5 Dr. Blum is by far the best surgeon I have ever been to. The results I received could not have been better. His staff explained the costs and insurance coverage to me prior to the surgery. The option of having my surgery at their facility, Anaheim Surgicenter, was fully explained to me including that they were not a provider for my insurance. The explanations were both verbal and in writing. THere was some difficulty with my Insurance paying the fees (not the fault of Dr. Blum or the Surgicenter) and Dr. Blum and his insurance department wrote letters and appealed on my behalf. They went out of their way to help me and ultimately through their perserverance my Insurance paid. Dr. Blum immediately reimbursed me. THey even were able to get my Insurance to pay for Anaheim Surgicenter's charges in full. They are the best, don't go to anyone else  Respond
RID: 1253866
19/09/10 2 2 1 3 Dr.Blum is a good oral surgeon with bad business practices. Please be very careful he forgets to mention that the AnaheimSurgi Center is not contracted by your insurance company.He keeps your Credit Card on file and charges the full balance as soon as the claim is denied. Dont just go by my word search his name on the internet.
RID: 1232205
19/08/10 5 5 5 5 Greta Person, Great Doctor, Great Surhgeon, Great Stafgf - Elective Reconstruction of My Upper and Lowerr Jaws. Result Great
RID: 1225789
10/08/10 5 5 5 5 There is nothing more important than having a Doctor who cares about their patients. I have never met or had a Doctor that cares more than Dr. Blum. He helped me so much. Without him I could not have gotten through the most difficult situation of my life. He repaired my fractures as well as helping me cope psychologically with the trauma of a herendous accident. The receptionist, assistants and insurance personel were also incredibly helpful and knowledgeable. There was absolutely no problems with the insurance.
RID: 1207811
14/07/10 5 4 5 5 TERRIFIC; Great Result, Only problem was that they kept me waiting about 15 to 20 minutes. Everyone was so nice. They handled all of my insurance without any problems
RID: 1197212
27/06/10 1 2 1 2 HORRIBLE! Don't believe the generated comments below about how wonderful he is. Please know that they are robotic/automated responses (look at the similarities). This doctor has horrible reviews everywhere. I FOUGHT with them for over a year and to get them to remove a charge they processed on my credit card they had on file! THIEVES! Hidden charges left to right and their "billing" department is useless. Gloria threatened me even after I told her I would refuse to pay the "fees" for the time they kept trying to bill me for what my insurance covered. They never submit paperwork and will blame your insurance. RUN! Do not go here.  Respond
RID: 1156463
25/04/10 5 5 5 5 I was traveling in Southern California and was assaulted, robbed, pistol whipped and shot in the neck and face. My tongue was bleeding profusely. I was taken to the hospital and apparently, luckily for me, Dr. Blum was there for another patient. He immediately saw me and stopped the bleeding in the Emergency Room saving my life. He then took me to the operating room and repaired the broken bones in my face. After the initial healing I was able to travel back home, which I did. I then chose to travel back to Anaheim to have Dr. Blum continue my care. I required several other surgeries including bone grafts. Each time I would travel back to southern california to have Dr. Blum do the surgeries. I am so thankful that I continued with him. He saved my life, repaired my injuries. I am now completely healed and no one can tell that I was ever injured. Better yet I have total normal function.All I can say is that he is the best and nicest Doctor I have ever met. Thank you Dr. Blum!!!!!
RID: 1123910
09/03/10 5 5 5 5 Wonderful, Wonderful Doctor and Person. Iunderwent elective reconstruction of my Upper and Lower Jaws by Dr. Blum. What a wonderful change in my appearance. I turned from an introverted to cheery extroverted person with such a positive attitude vtoward life, all because of Dr. Blum. From start to finsih I could not have had a better experience including the poffice staff. With the utmost gratitude, thank you Dr. Blum
RID: 1106167
15/02/10 5 5 5 5 The best of the best. As a result of an auto accident I fractured more bones in my face that I knew I had. Dr. Blum repaired my fractures. The results were incredible, perfect. He would not settle for anything less than perfection, and he achieved it. I found him to such a wonderful person, so caring. His office is state of the art. His staff was also incredible, helping me with any and all problems that surfaced with my insurance. How lucky I was to have had Dr. Blum as my surgeon
RID: 1062997
23/12/09 5 5 5 5 Excellent!Excellent!Excellent - I could not have had a better result or had a better doctor. He repaired all of my facial fractures, lower jaw, eye sockets, cheekbones. I required bone grafts from my hip to my lower jaw. He then placed Implants to complete my reconstruction. Dr. Blum did all of the surgery and continued to take care of me until my recoverty was complete and I was back to normal. His receptionist, surgical assistants and insurance/billing departments were so professional and helppful. There are no adjectives to describe how good Dr. Blum is. If you ever need an Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeon make sure you go to Dr. Blum
RID: 1050575
05/12/09 5 5 5 5 I cannot agree more that Dr. Blum is the best. He is truly a Doctor's Doctor. You shouldn't go to any other Maxillofacial Surgeon. HJe totally reconstructed my mandible after a terrible car accident. You can't see the scars. I look, talk and feel the same as before the accident. He and his staff were the best, in every aspect including assisting me with my rehabilitation, insurance and explaining ever part of the tyreatment.
RID: 1041956
24/11/09 5 5 5 5 Previous to seeing Dr. Blum I had many TMJ surgeries with no resolution to my pain. Then I was referred to dr. Blum. he replaced my Temporomandibular Joint with a Proshetic joint. What a change in my life. I can now eat without pain. I am a new person. Wonderful Doctor and Staff. I would not go to anyone els
Insurance: CIGNA
RID: 1003581
06/10/09 1 2 1 1 Blum's office took an unnecessary panoramic x-ray of me, and charged me an additional $200 for a "consultation" that lasted 2 minutes, in addition to making me pay "materials fees" that they didn't even ask my insurance to cover.
Insurance: Delta Dental
Paid (or co-pay): $900
RID: 984365
10/09/09 1 4 1 1 Dr. Blum's office uses up to date medical equipment and provides well informed results regarding your ailment. But from the service I recieved, I am extremely disappointed. I went in to have a cyst removed from my upper mouth which only consists of only 1 small bump. NOW I am plagued with multiple cysts popping up in multiples after my operation. As if that wasn't enough, THEY charged me over $1300 after 3 months by saying my insurance company did not pay for something I SHOULD HAVE been covered. I checked my insurance company for them to tell me they never recieved the required paperwork from the office. I called back to Blum's office to ask them to resend the paper work, but they refused. I am still trying to get this issue resolved (spending many hours going back and forth on phone calls between Blum and my insurance company). But if anyone EVER decides to go to Dr. Blum's office for treatment, I would suggest to them to bring a lawyer with them before they go. THEY WILL NEED IT.
Paid (or co-pay): $1900
RID: 973648
27/08/09 5 5 5 5 Unfortunately I was the victim of a gunshot wound to my face. Fortunately Dr. Blum was called to treat me. After 3 surgeries I am now back to normal. What a fabulous job he did. He was compassionate, understanding, and spent a greet deal of time explainig things to me. The results couldn't be better. When I went to his office after I got out of the hospital his staff handled everything for me. They billed my insurance, worked out a payment plan for the portion of the bill that my insurance did not pay. The staff couldn't of been better and nicer. Dr. Blum'a ability, bed side manner and Dr. Blum's staff helped me get through a terrible ordeal. THank you Dr. Blum
RID: 972357

26/08/09 1 2 1 3 I was referred to Dr Blum for consulting a biopsy was recommended. He personally told me it was covered by my insurance, but on the day of the biopsy I was told it was NOT covered would have to pay $1400. When I explained to the office personnel that Dr. Blum told me it was covered, she said the doctor does not discuss insurance matters and SHE was the only one to discuss payment issues…even though she said nothing when scheduling my appointment. I lost a day of work and was not even offered an apology. Afterward, I was billed for the "balance" of the initial consultation, even though Blue Cross informed both me and Dr. Blum's office that I was not responsible to pay. They continued to bill me for 4 months, not returning my calls, and finally responding to my fax by threatening to charge me with attorney and collection fees if I did not pay. Blue Cross finally worked it out after I filed a grievance, and I did not have to pay. He may be a good doctor, but I was never able to find out.
RID: 928836
04/07/09 5 5 5 5 I searched extensivly for the correct Doctor for my Orthognathic Surgery. Finally I found Dr. Blum. What a fabulous Doctor. From the first appointment to the surgery and then the after care. Everything was perfect. The staff was great. They handled all of the insurance without a glitch. I highly recommend Dr. Blum and his staff
RID: 918632

21/06/09 1 3 1 1 DR.BLUM AND STAFF ARE UNKNOWLEDGABLE REGARDING INSURANCE. HE CHARGED ME $541 FOR COVERED ITEM. I SHOULD HAVE ONLY PAID $80 ($50 FOR EXTRACTION AND $30 CO PAY FOR ANESTHSIA) I AM REQUESTING A REFUND OF $461 FROM DR.BLUM. I WILL LET EVERYONE KNOW IF HE RESPONDS TO MY REQUEST AS SOON AS HE RESPONDS TO ME. AT THIS POINT I WOULD NEVER RECOMMEND HIM TO ANYONE BASED ON HIS LACK OF KNOWLEDGE OF INSURANCE AND/OR LYING TO ME STATING MY INSURANCE DID NOT COVER MY WORK.
Paid (or co-pay): $541
Respond

25/05/08 SYSTEM: 5 positive duplicate or disallowed ratings automatically removed
RID: 573848
22/04/08 4 4 5 5 I broke my mandible last month. I went to two other Oral Surgeons who refused to treat me. I finally went to Dr. Blum who could not have been more helpful or nicer. He repaired my broken mandible the next day. The surgery went without any problems and afterward, to this day I have not had any problems. Everything has healed perfectly. I would highly recommend him.
RID: 72775

20/12/06 3 1 1 Was quoted a cost of $5,900.00 to have my son's jaw wired shut after an accident. I asked if this $5,900.00 was for everything and was told yes by the office manager. When it came time to have the wires removed I was advised that it would be an additional $5,000.00 to have the wires removed. Before they do anything to your mouth "GET IT IN WRITING" or you will be sorry. We went to a general dentist and paid $200.00 to have the wires removed. $200.00 compared to $5,000.00 what a difference. I was angry at the bait and switch...buyer beware..
Paid (or co-pay): $590000