Dr. Marshall B. Lucas

5 1 2.8

You may also like

Rate Dr. Marshall B. Lucas

Dr. Marshall B. Lucas's Ratings

DR. Lucus is a very special doctor. Hes very nice and happy all the time. Hes very funny and down to earth he never makes his pt. Feel less than him bc hes a doctor, which is amazing. Hes very personalized and kind and he truly cares about his pt.s getting better. What most people do not know is because he is the director of Cypress Creek Hospital and see's each pt. There 5 days a week, plus outpaient he only has so much time in one day. The reason why its hard to see him in the office is because he is such a incredible doctor. So his office is set up a bit differently than most. You may not see him directly but he works so many hours to insure that he knows the status of each pt. So when you see his PA he still goes over your chart and directs your care. The huge bonus is if you are in crisis and need to go to the hospital, you will see him every weekday and he will work hard to make sure you have the right diagnosis and medications. Thats why theres not as much need to see him monthly, but just to maintain the hard work you put in together in the hospital. So in reality he is trying to help those who really need a good deal of help, those who have battled with these issues for so long and need a fresh look. So if your looking for a dedicated doctor who wants to actually help you get better, hes your guy. If your looking for someone who will keep pushing different pills and not even search for whats behind it look elsewhere. If you want the best you have to be willing to be flexible, and actually put in time with the doctor on a inpaient/ outpaient stay. Cypress creek is very nice, and its safer to go on new meds under a doctors and nurses care. It might sound drastic but if you really want to get better, you have to be willing to try. He is also not there in place of a therapist so having one that can communicate with him is very helpful in getting in to see him when theres a urgent need. I've been seeing dr. Lucus a long time and he has saved my life many times through his persistent to help me get better. These are just things I've observed over time, so would I recommend him 100% but his approach is not for everyone. I personally think its the best approach versis seeing a doctor every month for 15 mins and being thrown on medications. :)

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2774942].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 12, 2015

These negative reviews are ridiculous I am a patient of dr Lucas I was admitted to cypress creek hospital and now see him at his outside office. Dr lucas saved my life and continues to help me i was diagnosed with pure ocd and deppression which not alot of drs deal with pure o and doctor lucas understood everything I was talking about. Dr lucas runs cypress creek and tje outside clinic he is busy but does sincerely care about his patients I would probably not be here without him

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2725003].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 17, 2015

It's hard to evaluate these psychiatrist ratings because we as patients bring a lot of need and emotional baggage to the relationship. Dr. Lucas is exceptional in two ways: he is smart, quick, and decisive medically; and he's an upbeat, friendly, energetic, unusually normal person. But his practice does have its challenges. It reminds me of the Yogi Berra saying: "Nobody goes there any more. It's too crowded." There is far more demand for Dr. Lucas's time than he can accommodate because he's a great doctor. For a long time the practice didn't handle the demand well, so a lot of us who see him were frustrated by how hard it was to get an appointment with the man himself. For those he does see, things are improving, but many people can't get to see him at all and that's reflected in the ratings here. I've talked to many psychiatrists over the years and many are a bit weird themselves. Not Dr. Lucas. Normal! Don't expect to hear what you want to hear, just good advice, delivered fast.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][750076].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 12, 2014

You wont see Dr. Lucas very often. Its usually his nurse or assistant. He over medicates & really pushes Neuro Star TMS Therapy. And if his nurse (yes I said nurse, not him) decides you need to be admitted to Cypress Creek Hospital for evaluation, good luck getting out! Scary!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][750075].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 19, 2013

I've called and emailed for two weeks and finally got on here to read reviews. I need and want help but will be going elsewhere. Apparently Dr Lucas does not need any new patients.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][750074].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 25, 2013

My son has been a patient of Dr. Lucas for several years. There has been a huge improvement in the efficiency of the office. The staff are now very caring and helpful. It's much easier now to get a return call or email than ever before. Great improvements! I would highly recommend this practice.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][750073].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 7, 2012

The billing dept are always willing to helpand they answer the phone.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][750072].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 23, 2012

My family and I have been seeing Dr. Lucas since 2005. He is byfar the best Psychiatrist we have ever been to. Very professional, very knowledgible in medications, Extremely intelligent, and a great personality. Dr Lucas has an unsurpassed response time to his patients needs. I highly recommend Dr. Lucas and his associates. I commend his admin-staff for their hospitality and dedication, it is not an easy job. We always look forward to our visits. Dr Lucas is worth the wait.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][750071].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 1, 2012

I also ditto all the bad reviews on this website. This is the worst run office I have ever encountered..cannot speak to anyone...and just try to make an appt.....it is next to impossible. After 1 1/2 weeks of calling and emailing trying to get an appt with no response... I actually drove to the office to speak to the scheduling desk in person to make an appt. I was turned away and told they only accept appt requests by email. I explained that no one had responded to my numerous requests. I was told sorry...we only do requests through email. Also...Their NP's are jokes. They do not listen when you tell them your medicine is not working properly...just give you the same thing over and over. I was told if you want your medicine changed....go admit yourself into Cypress Creek Hospital and then we can change it. WTF??? DONE with this practice. And I will be sure to spread the word....AVOID them at all costs.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][750070].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 13, 2012

I ditto all the bad reviews on here. My son has been part of this 'mill'. Poorly ran. You never see the actual doctor. Only his NP or assistant and all they do is prescribe meds.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][750069].votes_count ]]