Rate Dr. Richard N. Gilson

Dr. Richard N. Gilson's Ratings

I fired him after over 20 years due to misdiagnosis and failure to communicate - it became obvious over the years he didn't listen and based every visit on either his own health issues or whatever medicines the drug companies had just given him to promote. As a result, not only was my health not improved, I was left with life-long problems due to complications from a medication he prescribed - he also loves to over-prescribe medication and will lump symptoms together rather than actually try to get to the bottom of the issue - as a menopausal women, he never once had my hormone levels checked but was quick to link arthritic pain with a need for depression medicine - I am not surprised at all that he didn't take the time to listen and missed a diagnosis of MS with a patient - my health didn't improve until after I found a new doctor.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2030572].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 12, 2010

I'm a long time patient and have recommended Dr Gilson to many friends. He takes the time to listen to my concerns and discuss options. I feel we have a good working relationship and I respect his opinions. He is cautious about new medicines and treatments and wants to see then in action for a period of time before he will recommend. I like this approach.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2030571].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 6, 2009

I've been going to Dr. Gilson for 22 years.I'm still alive! He is a good Doctor.He went to a great medical school and knows his stuff.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2030570].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 5, 2009

I went to Dr. Gillson for about 18 years. I don't know why I kept going for so long. He misdiagnosed a friend of mine and she dyed not long after from the M.S. that he missed. With me he never gave a direct answer and at the end he discused my case with his Office Manager who had no reason to know about my problems. Worst doctor and person I know.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2030569].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 6, 2008

Richard Gilson is a knowledgeable decent medical doctor from The University of Arizona medical school.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2030568].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 11, 2007

Dr. Gilson is the most helpful and caring internist I have ever been to. I have been going to him for 3 years now, and would not consider going anywhere else.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2030567].votes_count ]]