Rate Dr. Judith L. Jensen

Dr. Judith L. Jensen's Ratings

Sudden changes in billing that could not be explained by my insurance company. When I asked her office staff, I was told that my insurance company dictates the copay but that I had been misinformed that I was being charged the correct amount by her office. Her office manager/receptionist claimed to know more about insurance billing than Blue Cross. The increases in payment with no warning was even more frustrating when coupled with their lack of flexibility. You will be charged for anything and everything. While Dr. Jensen was nice enough, it's not worth the hassle to deal with her office manager who is rude, condescending and very abrupt. If you happen to be divorced and need to choreograph things between two households, then avoid this practice at all costs.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][332502].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 26, 2013

Agree with above rater. I went to her for about 5 months for anxiety and at our first meeting she started pushing the meds. She also lacked humanity at times. Felt she had a power trip referring to herself as DR Jensen when I wanted to simply call her Judith ( her first name). She is knowledgeable and strong woman and I did see a side of her that really cares. Just don't challenge her authority lol May be BPD, who knows? I finally stopped going cause I got sick and tired of the medication pushing like if I didn't take meds, therapy was useless. My new therapist helped me significantly with talk therapy, CBT, mindfulness and hypnotherapy. I am doing better, reached some of my goals and still working on me. Never give up on yourself. Therapist are people. Don't ever give your power away. They ate there to support YOU. If they don't give you that, find one that will :) overall Judith is a decent therapist. Plus great availability schedules...she sees clients on the weekends.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][332501].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 12, 2013

Very kind. Goes above and beyond what one would expect from a Shrink.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][332500].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 14, 2012

Dr Jensen is an abundance of knowledge and empathy. The problem though is that she pushed anti depressants and anxiety therapy. She is not an MD and gave me advice on what brands, what types of dosage, etc. This is not in her scope of practice. Initially went in for depression, especially SADS. This could be curable by advising patient to purchase Lamps, natural herbs, or > talk therapy. She pushed drugs after 2-3 months. I said NO, due to s/e. She still pushed again. I felt like I was such an awful patient and that I cried 2 much in therapy, so by me taking pills it would help babysit me during sessions. I took the victim role. I even think she was on anti dep's. End result: loss of weight, hair, jitterness. They say I shoulda quit, it's hard when therapist suck you in, make you feel like you are wanted/needed. playing momny/daddy roles. You feel like you are abandoning ur own m/d figures.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][332499].votes_count ]]