Rate Dr. Thomas R. Troost

Dr. Thomas R. Troost's Ratings

Dr. Troost performed a sinus operation on me last February to enlarge my turbinates, correct a slightly deviated septum, and excavate my sinuses. Since the surgery, my sinus problems are worse. He also made a surgical error that left me with a NEW passage from my sinus to my cornea, so every time i blow my nose, it goes into my EYE. Pretty great. He also gives me the feeling that I am wasting his time, and rushes through my appointments, saying "Uh -huh, uh-huh" impatiently when I am talking. I now snort and sniff constantly at work and am about to lose my mind and drive all my coworkers insane. Awful.

Submitted Nov. 18, 2013 | flag

Dr. Troost is extremely knowledgeable and patient. More importantly, his intuition is spot on. He makes sure you are comfortable, taken care of and don't have a need to come back unnecessarily. His staff called me to make appointments, follow up with the doctor on questions I had, then call me back (!) and generally, made sure I wasn't inconvenienced in any way, including calling in my prescription and mailing me a referral for additional tests. I go back to see him soon under a new insurance due a job change but I expect things to go smoothly.

Submitted July 8, 2013 | flag

Dr. Troost saw me on short notice when I began to see signs of Bell's Palsy. Dr. Troost was patient, knowledgeable and made sure I had regular follow-up visits to check progress. He was ALWAYS on time yet I never felt rushed. He answered all of my questions. I can't speak highly enough of Dr. Troost.

Submitted Oct. 18, 2011 | flag

I honestly cannot speak higher of Dr. Troost. I have terrible allergies and was no longer able to breathe through my nose before I met with him. He quickly diagnosed me and performed a septoplasty and bilateral turbanate reduction. I've heard absolute horror stories about this surgery and literally came out with little to no pain. I had bad reactions to the anesthesia and was amazed at how easy it was to get Dr. Troost on the phone. He has an excellent bedside manner that made me feel at ease, especially when he could easily explain the procedure and what to expect. It also helped that his staff is incredible. Juliet is a superstar who remembers your name, helps out with the billing and insurance and makes sure you're not over-paying. I highly recommend!

Submitted March 28, 2011 | flag

You can be rude with a smile. That about sums up his office staff. Especially his appointment makers. The doctor, on the other hand, is a very nice guy. He does give you a good exam and follows up appropriately.

Submitted Feb. 12, 2011 | flag

Arrogant. Refused to provide additional information when requested. Had to do another procedure because he missed something with second procedure.

Submitted Dec. 14, 2010 | flag

Very knowledgeable and thorough. He is always punctual and his staff is polite.

Submitted Dec. 4, 2010 | flag

I came to Dr. Troost after other doctors had been unable to determine why I had no sense of smell or taste for almost three years. After he performed surgery to remove polyps and repair a deviated septum, my sense of smell and taste returned within weeks! Dr. Troost was always friendly, professional and took time to listen to me. I definitely would reommend him.

Submitted Nov. 1, 2010 | flag

He refused me scheduled surgery because his staff accused me of phone abuse, when it was actually them. He didn't want to hear of any criticism of his staff. He cancelled my surgery three days before it was scheduled. I this this was wrong; after all I was the customer. But, this may have been a blessing in diguise.

Submitted Jan. 15, 2010 | flag

I almost died following a surgery he performed in 2009, and spent an extended period in ICU. Life altering experience. Please proceed with extreme caution if you use him or anyone for septoplasty. I very much hope this comment is not deleted.

Submitted Dec. 11, 2009 | flag