Rate Dr. Oscar Adler

Dr. Oscar Adler's Ratings

As a nephrologist and physician, Dr. Adler is highly knowledgable, extremely skilled, and profoundly dedicated. As a human being, he is empathetic and personable. He is head and shoulders above many of his contemporaries and colleagues. I recommend him highly.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][332890].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 15, 2013

I had a consultation with Dr. Adler in August, 2012. My review is not about his medical practice - which I had no problem with - but rather his billing staff. Apparently, he was a not-in-network provider, which means he can charge the patient the balance not covered by the insurance company. I was not sent a bill for the difference - instead his staff sent the bill to a collection agency. I think prospective patients should be very cautious dealing with a practice that is run in this manner. I have never had this experience with any other doctors offices.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][332889].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 1, 2013

Great doctor. I cannot say enough good things about Dr. Adler. He is knowledgable and helpful. He explains what is wrong in layman's terms and to him, no question is stupid. He has a great sense of humor and put us at ease immediately. Was able to diagnose problem and solve the issue quickly. If you have a kidney problem, he is the one to see.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][332888].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 5, 2013

On July 12, 2012 I went to Dr. Oscar Adler's office in Lansdowne, VA with severe pain on both sides of my lower back & an upset stomach. After a thorough examination...he asked me to go to an Imaging Laboratory & to ask the Lab to email the results to him IMMEDIATELY. I had barely arrived home when the phone rang & Dr. Adler asked me to have my wife drive me to the Hospital Emergency Room. When I arrived at the Reston Hospital Emergency Room they were expecting me. They IMMEDIATELY connected IV's, a catheter, a Foley bag and began to hydrate me as they drained 2,750 ml of urine. I thought I was having "normal" urination when, in fact, I was actually retaining urine! I CREDIT Dr. Adler's knowledge, experience & ability to identify my REAL PROBLEM...with saving me from having to go on Dialysis at the very least and saving my life at the very most... as my Kidney function was rated at 22% and that was considered DOUBLE KIDNEY FAILURE...His quick response saved my life.Thanks to Dr. Adler I am back to normal!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][332887].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 5, 2012

Dr.Adler, is fabulous-very comforting, thorough,friendly, kind and compassionate.He is very easy to talk to.He explains everything in language I can understand. Thank you Dr.Adler, YOU ARE THE BEST!!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][332886].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 1, 2012

I was a caregiver 2 years to an elderly man with Kidney disease (Stage 3)that was a patient of Dr. Adler's. He helped us avoid potential disasters more than once by monitoring meds prescribed other doctors. The balancing act it takes to keep creatine levels in a safe range and from progressing to the next level is not easy. EVERYTHING you eat or take affects these levels. Dr. Adler's advise and guidance in my opinion are the main reason my client did so well for as long as he did. Meds my client had to take for other health issues (COPD, CHF, among others) severely affected his kidneys and Dr. Adler had the knowledge of determining which meds could or could not be taken safely and would converse with these other doctors to find safer alternatives when necessary. If you or a loved one find yourself in need of a Nephrologist and are fortunate enough to find Dr. Adler, consider yourself blessed indeed. I will always be in awe of him as a doctor and compassionate man.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][332885].votes_count ]]