Rate Dr. Irving N. Riley

Dr. Irving N. Riley's Ratings

I just got my wisdom teeth out here in October. Let me say this is the WORST health care establishment I have ever been to. Irving Norflin Riley is the oral surgeon at this office and let me say he did a very good job at taking my wisdom teeth out (he got them all out no infections), however I would like to warn people who decide to go here in the future. 1. The staff is VERY rude. The lady that works the front desk also answers the phone and I found out when I was in mid sentence in office she will cut you off and answer the phone without saying excuse me or apologizing. I had an appointment before the actual procedure (left work early) appointment was at 3... got to the office at 245... I swear I didn't get into the room until 4 PM!!!! Then I waited in the room after they took my xrays for 30 more minutes! The surgeon came in DID NOT introduce himself.. literally handed me documents to sign, looked at my teeth, and then as he was about to leave the room and I followed he asks in front of paitents and workers if I was on birth control.. I hesitated and said yes and he says "WELL just FYI you better not be getting it on right after this surgery because the meds can make your BC not work and then you will have a mistake in your life and they don't go away" He said this and people in the office were laughing. It was so unprofessional and embarrassing. Anyways, the day of my surgery I was the first appointment of the day. Their office opens at 8 and mine was at 9.. my mom and I got to the office at 830 and nobody was there!! We waited outside until 8 when they finally let us in. This time i got into the office 30 minutes late. Anyways surgery went fine except for the fact that he had to break one of my wisdom teeth (which is normal) however that one tooth swelled up my whole face for 2 weeks. After 4 days I ran out of pain meds and was told I could call the office for them to refill... I called and my mom called and he would not refill my meds because he said he had prescribed the right amount. He refused to fill my meds even after they had told me they would refill them if needed. I had to call my dentist and she prescribed me meds for 5 more days for the pain. I would never recommend anyone going to this office. Office staff is rude, they are always running behind, and they are unprofessional.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2678105].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 9, 2015

The staff didn't have answers to any of my questions and I had to wait a long time to be seen. Dr.Irving was very rude and wouldn't let me explain what was going on, he wouldn't listen to me and decided even with my severe pain I didn't need the extraction! I told him right where the pain was but he said I was imagining it and the pain could be coming from any tooth, and he kept laughing at me and interrupting. Very rude, doesn't help, DON'T GO!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][334917].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 26, 2013

Dr. Riley and his staff were very kind and made me feel very comfortable before my surgery. Dr. Riley even made an effort to tell jokes while putting me to sleep to help me relax and feel at ease. I was especially impressed by Dr. Riley calling to check on my status later in the day. I found the staff to be professional and caring.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][334916].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 12, 2013

Dr. Riley is very nice and he took care of my tooth that was hurting me, they front and back office are very helpful .

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][334915].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 19, 2012

The Staff and doctor were very unprofessional and rude. I had to wait for 3 hours for my appointment, and then they rushed with my extractions. NEVER GO THERE!

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][334914].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 17, 2012

the assistants were the best part of my visit. Dr. Riley was rude and abrasive. I would not recommend him to anyone. they have very poor patient care. I loved all of his assistant tho.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][334913].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 28, 2012

Quick and painless for my daughter to have her wisdom tooth removed. great informative staff

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][334912].votes_count ]]