Dr. Brian D. Haas

Orlando, Florida Map External Link
Gender:M
Specialty:Ophthalmologist
Website: drhaasorlando.com External Link
Practice: Brian D. Haas M.D. P.L.
Hospital:
Phone:407-841-1490
Med. School:Columbia University College Of Physicians And Surgeons
Grad. Year: 1986

Answers Email: Unknown
Online Appt. Scheduling: Unknown
Accepting New Patients:Y

Rating: 3.7 out of 5 (5 is best), based on 39 reviews. Dr. Brian D. Haas has a good overall rating on RateMDs.com. smile

New! - Questions and answers about this doctor

Ophthalmologist-related: eye treatment, eye diseases, vision, eye surgery, corneal surgery, oculoplastics and reconstruction surgery, intraocular lens implantation, refractive surgery, cataract surgery, corneal transplantation, glaucoma, low vision, uveitis, corneal infections, hereditary dystrophies, eye laser surgery, vision correction surgery
The following ratings and comments have not been substantiated by RateMDs.com.
Date Staff Punctual Helpful Knowledge Review Comments
RID: 5488099
21/05/14 5 5 5 5 Great office and staff. My eyelid surgery came out great and I look years younger! Wait times can be long but it's well worth the wait. I'd highly recommend.
Respond

01/05/14 SYSTEM: 'birds of a feather' score (based on Medicare patients-in-common): 3.1
RID: 3594056
02/11/13 5 5 5 5 Dr. Haas and his staff saw me immediately after being referred to them by my dermatologist with a suspicious lower eyelid growth. A biopsy by Dr. Haas found this growth to be a basal cell carcinoma, which he surgically removed, a few days later. Every aspect of my interaction with Dr. Haas and his staff has been excellent! I will gladly recommend Dr. Haas to other patients.
Insurance: CIGNA
RID: 2604712
27/04/13 2 2 2 2 Please research this doctor, ask questions, request patients pictures to see the results when having surgery and if the law and the other patients allow it, contact the patients and discuss their procedures before you commit to any surgery. Request a complete disclosure with drawings and pictures when having a surgery. Try to get permission to bring a family member to the operating room.  Respond
RID: 2544360
29/01/13 5 3 5 5 I am very happy with the results of my lower Blephoplasty. I had a lot of pain in my left eye before surgery and now I have none. The results look amazing. If I had to have another eye procedure, I would only go to Dr. Brian Haas.
RID: 2534093
17/01/13 5 5 5 5 Dr. Brian Haas is very experienced, knowledgeable, and helpful. I would recommend him to anyone and have done.  Respond
RID: 2520727
03/01/13 5 3 5 5 I finally had enough of not being able to see. I wasn’t able to read a menu, street sign or ingredients on food labels. The car lights at night were blinding globes preventing my driving after dark. My quality of life was being extinguished. I went to Dr. Haas because I was concerned how quickly my eyesight had deteriorated. The issue turned out to be cataracts and I wanted them removed. Dr. Haas, Anne, Miguel and Jaret were extremely helpful in making me feel comfortable and confident I had picked the right place for my surgery. I highly recommend the services of Dr. Haas to my friends, family or anyone looking for quality care. My theme song is “I Can See Clearly Now” and I could not be happier with the results. Thank you Dr. Haas!
RID: 2402838
16/08/12 5 4 5 5 Dr. Haas is Dr. Wonderful in my eyes. :) I can see without glasses for the first time in 30 years. I can even see the computer without any glasses. Thanks Dr. Haas!
RID: 2399096
12/08/12 5 5 5 5 My brother recommended doctor HAAS to me. I went to him to have Cataracts removed, and he did a wonderful job. I was in and out of surgery extremely fast, and had no complications. He did an amazing job. I have had to wear glasses since I was 7, and for the first time I don't have to wear them anymore. The staff was impeccable. They are so professional and helpful. They made sure I knew exactly what prescriptions I needed and how to use them. His office is wonderful, and I thank him for helping me see again.
Insurance: Humana
RID: 2233230
11/06/12 4 4 5 5 I have been a patient of Dr Haas for many years due to involuntary eye closure. He has always done a great job for me. In fact he has gone above and beyond the call of duty in my case. His staff, especially Miguel and Doris I cannot say enough good things about, I appreciate all of his efforts.
Insurance: AARP
Respond

22/04/12 SYSTEM: 2 positive duplicate or disallowed ratings automatically removed
RID: 1740666
13/03/12 5 5 5 5 "H" is for . . . Houdini? no, Haas. An MD magician for eyes. As soon as he walks in the fear of a "is this a good Dr" is gone. He is the pro of pros in Opthamology. I had cataract removal and "Crystalens" lens replacement in two steps. Going back, he followed the progress of the disease with watchful care and finally said "we should really get this done now" All was arranged in a superb manner. His surgery scheduler was equally efficient, knowledgeable, and helpful. There's not enought 'A's and Pluses to correctly rank. Highly recommend, can you tell?
RID: 1704511
04/02/12 4 4 4 5 Dr. Haas performed cataract surgery on both eyes and I was very pleased with the results. I immediately had 20/20 vision in both eyes. He also performed an "eyebrow lift" prior to lifting the eyelid to make the eyelids more even. I expected an ugly scar right above my eyebrow, but was very pleasantly surprised that the scar was not that noticeable. All in all, I've been very pleased with the care he has provided.
RID: 1678926

06/01/12 2 2 1 1 Beware! Scheduled blepharaplasty several months in advance and I "dropped" off their schedule and my deposit went missing - they finally found it weeks later but couldn't get a decent new surgery date so asked for my deposit back and they assured me it would be safe - even though I told them it would be at least a year before I could reschedule after their mix-up. Haas apologized for the mix-up and said his staff had been taking money and messing up scheduling. Office mgr assured me my deposit would now be safe. I couldn't schedule within that year so I asked for my deposit back. They refused. Went in to see Haas personally and he denied having the earlier conversation with me. After my meltdown in his office, he kicked me to the new ofc. mgr. I finally got half of it back. This is a MILL - take the $ and run. I was so impressed at first - don't be fooled. I was disgusted and angry - would NEVER use this doctor.  Respond
RID: 1648030
30/11/11 5 5 5 5 I have been going to Dr. Haas for 3 years now and he has always been very professional. Additionally, his staff went above and beyond to help me deal with an insurance issue the first time I came in- they were great. I have been very happy with my visits and I would strongly recommend this doctor.  Respond
RID: 1534657
11/09/11 5 5 5 5 Dr. Haas was great! I went to him for a dry eye problem- he prescribed me some drops to try and they have been working wonderfully. I was seen in a timely manner and the office was very comfortable, with a friendly staff.  Respond
RID: 1434299

06/05/11 1 1 1 1 DO NOT USE THIS DOCTOR.. VERY UNPROFESSIONAL DOCTOR AND STAFF.. HE DIAGNOSED MY MOM WITH PINK EYE AFTER MAKING STUPID COMMENTS TO HER ABOUT HER CONDITION AND HOW CONTAGIOUS HER EYE WAS TO HIS WHOLE OFFICE AND HOW HE WAS GOING TO HAVE TO DISINFECT THE WHOLE OFFICE WHEN SHE LEFT, CHARGED HER 55.00 + 40.00 FOR THE DROPS FOR PINK EYE. MY MOM KEPT TAKING THE DROPS FOR 3 DAYS AND THEY WERE BURNING HER EYE AND MAKING HER CONDITION WORST, SWELLING HER WHOLE FACE, I TOOK MY MOM TO ANOTHER EYE DOCTOR WHERE THEY TOLD HER THANK GOD SHE CAME IN AS IT WAS NOT PINK EYE IT WAS HERPES ZOSTER IN HER EYE AND COULD HAVE REALLY HURT HER EYES WITH THE DROPS THIS LOSER PRESCRIBED HER.. IN ADDITION HE FELT IT WAS OKAY TO MAKE HERITAGE REMARKS TO HER BASED ON MY FAMILY LAST NAME.. SO UNPROFESSIONAL, I AM REPORTING HIM TO BOARD OF MEDICINE AND DEPT OF HEALTH.. HIS WHOLE STAFF WAS RUDE AND UNFRIENDLY FOR A NEW PATIENT
RID: 1407032
05/04/11 4 4 5 5 Excellent doctor. Fixed an obstructed tear duct problem I had dealt with for years.
RID: 1386691
14/03/11 3 2 1 1 Do not go to this doctor. He told me I had two major issues with my eyes and needed to have my eyes "scraped" to determine what kind of infection I had. I set up the appointment and was told that my appointment was moved only after I showed up at 7:30 am. Never, ever again!  Respond
RID: 1347902
26/01/11 3 2 1 2 DO NOT go to this Doctor. He is a money machine ONLY and if you don't 'buy' what he is selling, he punishes you. He will hear from my attorney. And BTW, I agree with others, Miguel is wonderful.
Paid (or co-pay): $1240
RID: 1314548
14/12/10 5 3 5 5 I had my droopy eyelids fixed, and Dr. Haas also lifted below the eye as well. He is an EXCELLENT surgeon. He was also very pleasant, although that was not that important to me for this particular procedure. He is the ONLY person to go to for eye surgery.  Respond
RID: 1262022
30/09/10 5 5 5 5 Dr. Haas performed my upper and lower lids a few years ago, very happy with the results. He does, however, try to push the Botox for crows feet, when I refused, he lowered the price but still too costly to last only temporary, I am not that vain, I am 61 and am always told I look 10 years younger. IF I could afford Botox, I would probably consider it though. I have been going to Dr. Haas for quite a few years and I overlook his personality traits, all the staff are quite professional. I would have no reason to change eye doctors. I also have diabetes so I trust him to take appropriate tests for diabetes side effects.
RID: 1251144
15/09/10 5 5 5 5 ON 1/26/2010 I suffered from a severe fractured orbit.I had MRI/Catscans done at a hospital.I took them to 3 doctors who informed my that it was too close to my optic nerve,and they could not operate.After days of frustrating calls/referrals to Occular Plastic surgeons I finally found one who does operations pertaining to my circumstances.Dr Haas and his staff took me in immediately for examination.He was very confident,but honestly stated that it may,or may not help with my severe double vision due to possible muscular entrapment.His office staff took care all aspects surrounding the operation and in dealing with my disability case mngr.and my insurance company.Dr Haas mended my orbit with a polymer mesh/titanium screw.He also released the entrapted occular muscles.By July I was completely healed of my double vision,and the operated eye looks even better than my other! For me it was a life altering experience from start to happy finish.I will be forever grateful to have found him!
Paid (or co-pay): $1800
RID: 1248445
11/09/10 1 1 1 1 YOU KNOW THERE IS A PROBLEM WHEN YOU'RE ASKED TO SIGN A DISCLAIMER DESIGNED TO DISCOURAGE LAWSUITS !!!NEVER HAVE I SEEN THIS DONE BEFORE. I SHOULD HAVE RUN....DON'T BELIEVE THE GOOD RATINGS, AS THEY'RE PROBABLY THE RESULT OF HIS PR TEAM DOING DAMAGE CONTROL. AFTER EYE SURGERY THERE WAS AN OBVIOUS PROBLEM (ALSO IDENTIFIED AND NAMED BY HIS STAFF) WHICH HE DENIED THE EXSISTENCE OF. HE IS AN EGOMANIAC RUNNING THE MEDICAL EQIVALENT OF A PUPPY MILL, WHO IS OBVIOUSLY NOT AFRAID TO LIE TO YOUR FACE. I WOULD SOONER ENGAGE A VETERINARIAN BEFORE PAYING THIS MAN. THE WORD "PROFESSIONAL" ONLY APPLIES HERE BECAUSE HE IS GETTING PAID TO DO THE JOB.  See Responses
RID: 1212251
21/07/10 4 3 5 5 Due to my droopy upper lids causing my peripheral vision to be diminished. So my medical insurance paid for it. The surgery was a enormous success. I can see more, and notice more light comes into my eyes. I would reccomend Dr Hass to anyone.
RID: 1202116
05/07/10 5 5 5 5 I had elective surgery for my eyes from Dr. Haas. Two of my friends had used him and loved their results and HIM. If you are considering an eyelift, he is the person to to do the job. Cosmetically, he only does eyes. Who can compete with him in experience with the eyes. All his patients lloook natural and not the least bit over done. Why? The reason is because Dr. Hasss is an expert. Poohy to folks who say he does not have a good bedside manner. He was not a cheerleader growing up. He was a studious person.Thankfully, there are people in the world who are not all about fun but, look at the challenges in life and perform them well. What an OUTSTANDING doctor! He may not be always the most congenial but, he performs the best work. Who has yet to complain about his work?: NO ONE!! Case closed concerning Dr. Haas and his skill. Your Dr. is not suppose to be your best friend.
RID: 1196366
25/06/10 4 4 5 5 Dr. Haas was recommended to my husband for surgery on his lower eyelid to remove a cancerous lesion. We were thrilled with the results! A few years later my husband passed away and Dr. Haas showed me every kindness in expressing his condolences. Of course, he is confident in his skills; would you want a doctor who was not? He has every right to be proud of the work he does. If my husband's eyelid had not been reconstructed perfectly, it could have impaired his ability to work with others in sales. I will be forever grateful to Dr. Haas.
RID: 1184272
07/06/10 1 1 1 3 Was referred to him for possible melanoma on eyelid. I was ontime. Waited 2 hours for him in an exam room. When he finally arrived, he told me to make another appointment and come back. No apology.! No acknowlegement of the inconvenience! He provided no benefit whatever, then billed my insurance $100. No wonder the cost of healthcare has become outrageous!
RID: 1097395
04/02/10 3 2 2 4 Yes, the bad ratings are correct in that fact that he is extremely egotistical, arrogant and rude. I've heard that that comes with intelligence but when you're dealing with patients, it's no excuse. He showed up for my appointment in scrubs, a sweatshirt, unshaven and bedhead - seriously. I thought he just rolled out of bed. When I asked him what was with the grunge look, he said he got up late. Anyway, 2 minutes later after prescribing $62 eyedrops, he left - I never had a chance to ask any of my questions. They wanted me to come back for an eye test (don't know why they couldn't perform while I was there). It took forever to schedule an appointment because the appt schedulers kept answering the phones and sending me back and forth to between 2 girls. I went back for the eye test and they tried to charge me another co-pay. Not going back.
RID: 1071672
07/01/10 5 5 5 5 Excellent doctor! I highly recommend him. I had to have surgery around my eye lids to remove cancer and he was very good to make sure I understood the surgery and recovery process. His work was fantastic. No scars, no problems. I have been going back to him ever since for more elected cosmetic work and he really knows how to enhance the face. He is very cautious not to "over do" so that the results are very natural. The negative comments on this site have me puzzled as my experience with Dr. Haas (and staff) are the best and I always see other happy patients in his office. I trust this doctor and have referred others to him who have had nothing but great experiences and fantastic results.
RID: 1070766
06/01/10 5 5 5 5 Dr. Haas on three separate occasions was exceedingly helpful, accommodating and knowledgeable. The results he provided were outstanding, a true testament to his talent, concern for the patient, extensive experience and well-honed skill. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this doctor to family, friends and colleagues. He is the real deal in a town full of MDs that do not deliver and have no concept on how to run a successful, patient-oriented practice.  Respond
RID: 1053624
09/12/09 5 4 4 5 I have no clue what any of the bad reviews are talking about. I had seen Dr. Haas for consultations twice and once for surgery, and he was great. His staff was nowhere near grumpy, he didn't just throw medicine at me and send me away, and he doesn't "improve your face with surgery." Everything he does is about the eyes, so it's obvious the reviwer that mentioned face surgery is lying. Despite the fact that he can be a bit full of himself, he is a very nice and helpful doctor. He took care of my lens implants fantastically, and answered all of my questions. I agree that most of these poor reviews were from disgruntled employees, because if you take one step into his office and meet the guy, you'll see otherwise instantly!!! Highly reccomended!!!
RID: 1050180
04/12/09 5 5 5 5 He is the sweetest man. Obviously the person who wrote the bad review must be a disgruntled employee or something. They seem to know way too much about him. My experience was fantastic and I am thrilled with my results
RID: 1034431
15/11/09 3 2 2 4 I went there for an interview.During my interview he started to tell me how he could improve my face with surgery. I was shocked and insulted. I found him rude, egotistical, immature, and certainly not someone I could work with.He may be an excellent surgeon but how can you stand him long enough to get to that point!?!  Respond
RID: 1019221
27/10/09 4 3 1 4 This doctor is a nightmare! He is extremely rude and doesn't want to answer simple questions about the surgery he is going to perform. I always felt uninformed. He actually yelled at me when I was in the prep room for surgery. I questioned him on one of the procedures he was going to perform. The nurses in the OR talked about his poor bedside manner. Another nurse made faces behind his back. I can't imagine what it is like to assist him in surgery. Stay away!
RID: 1000081
01/10/09 1 1 1 2 Word of warning, I went there on separate occasions, years apart (I should've learned my lesson the first go-round ) and chalked up the first experience to maybe bad mood, bad day..but forget that, its the norm there. I ended up being referred to Shand's by another doctor because all Haas wants to do is put you on steriods and collect his money. If he was my boss I guess I'd understand why his staff is grumpy. His PA (was Miguel?) was awesome..he probably got smart and left. Even the doc I ended up with said he should send Haas a Christmas card to Thank him for all the patients that came over to him because of Haas! I hope someone treats him the same when he's in pain and needing care.  Respond
RID: 972806
26/08/09 5 5 5 5 Dr Haas very informative and accomodating when he removed a tube from my mother's eye. He was very patient with her since she is deaf and has dementia.
RID: 774100
27/01/09 3 1 1 3 I was actually here to check on a dentist and just for the heck checked out Dr.Haas, since I had such a horrendous experience with him.Sweet justice, I'm not crazy, others thought the same of him. He is rude, full of himself and treated his staff horribly right in my presence.. His PA (if he stuck around) was outstanding and hopefully he left and went where he was appreciated. It is such a shame that he is supposedly so qualified but treats those who pay for at least decent service with such disregard. I was in severe pain and he prescribed steroids and said to call if it didn't help, he went on vacation and I finally got someone there to refer me to a neuro-ophthalmologist who was awesome and got me the care I needed. I hope more people check these reviews before going to Dr.Brian Haas, so they can know what they're in for!
RID: 627386
27/06/08 2 1 1 1 This doctor is so into himself that he doesn't have time for you. They over charged my and took my weeks to get the money back. He will try to sell you things you don't need like "special" windscreen and lotions for post op cut and recomends Botox...I didn't go there for that.. All the other reviews are very accurate.  Respond
RID: 266264
08/04/07 1 1 1 Doesn't spend time with you as a patient, assembly line office, very negative person. Seems to be into himself more than his patients by all the accomplishments he has on the walls in the office. HUGE EGO! Full of himself! I am a nurse and basically he referred back to my primary MD, said I needed to be on steroids.Told me I needed to tell my MD I needed steroids, it's that what I'm seeing him for? I paid my money and my insurance company paid him good money as well, for him to discuss or communicate with my doctor. I saw another ophthmalogist in the orlando area who had be take fish oil and my problem is now under control. I would never recommend this MD to anyone.
Insurance: HealthPartners
Paid (or co-pay): $3500
RID: 48852
04/10/06 4 2 3 Very pushy doctor, treats you like you're a product in a factory line being pushed through. Wants you to get in, get out, and pay as quickly as possible. Unfriendly staff, too.  Respond
* - Rating left by a registered user