Rate Dr. Sarah C. Gordon

Dr. Sarah C. Gordon's Ratings

This is update re: my previous post. Please beware of Sarah C. Gordon (SCG). I have suffered for over a year. SCG refuses to resolve the matter of my impaired vision which she caused. SCG is fully aware that she has diminished my quality of life and has caused extreme upset to me. I am 83 years-old and have been treated horrifically by SCG. After I was forced to contact the Alabama Board of Optometry (ABO)-the Attorney and the Director of the ABO made diligent efforts to have SCG provide to me refund of my money after SCG refused proper care. When I sought the refund with SCG she refused to provide to me the full refund that she had agreed upon. She had also agreed to refund my money previously and reneged in this instance also. This money was to help me seek to have my impaired vision corrected. We have confirmation by witnesses that she has a propensity to be abusive and aggressive which was exactly my experience in my last appointment. SCG has caused immense trauma to me.

Submitted May 9, 2014 | flag

I would like to highly recommend Dr. Gordon to anyone needing an optometrist.She and her staff are very attentive and extremely professional.They guided me through the process of choosing my glasses.This can be a very difficult decision,but they made it painless.Dr. Gordon also did a thorough eye exam and noted some irregularities that we will watch in the future.I feel lucky to have found such a great place for my eye care.

Submitted Dec. 19, 2013 | flag

Forced to file complaints with the Alabama Board of Optometry and the Better Business Bureau. Elderly woman left with impaired vision and money kept by Dr. Sarah Gordon. Very simple solution however this optometrist refuses to correct the concern. Very, very upsetting and confusing!

Submitted Dec. 19, 2013 | flag

She is awesome. We have seen her since my daughter was 3. She is very thoughtful, patient and an awesome woman... The Harmon's.

Submitted Jan. 27, 2013 | flag

I consider Dr Gordon the best Optometrist I have ever consulted. At age 71, I've seen quite a few over the years. With her knowledge she could easily be mistaken for an Ophthalmologist. She is extremely friendly and takes the time to explain her findings to the patient in a way you can understand. She truly cares about her patients. I will see no one else. Her staff is very competent and friendly. The only small point I can find fault with is that often you do not get to see her exactly at the appointment time you had. In fairness though, this is because she is giving each patient as much time as they and she needs to take care of their issue. Top notch choice for an optometrist.

Submitted Feb. 6, 2012 | flag

Dr. Gordon and her staff are helpful and patient. I had always been told I could never wear soft contacts because of my acute astigmatism, but she ordered them for me anyway, and they wonderful! So happy with her care and knowledge! Couldn't recommend her too highly.

Submitted Aug. 27, 2010 | flag