Rate Dr. Jacqueline Koo

Dr. Jacqueline Koo's Ratings

She is really rude and nasty! She made me feel like i was a little kid in trouble by a teacher. I had a corneal ulcer because I wore my contacts too much. She basically blamed me for my own condition. She snaps at you when you ask too many questions and it is uncalled for! She did give me the correct medicine to cure my ulcer, but I am sure there are better doctors out there who can cure me and not make me feel bad at the same time.

Submitted Dec. 23, 2012 | flag

At my first visit I waited an hour after my scheduled appt time then saw the doctor for 5 minutes. She didn't make eye contact with me, was VERY rushed and spent no time answering questions. Second appt I didn't have to wait as long but she did seem condescending like the other reviews stated when I asked questions. Wouldn't go back and wouldn't recommend her.

Submitted April 10, 2012 | flag

She told me I was crazy and did not actually have the condition I believed I had. In reality, my eye problem was confirmed by other eye doctors. She was very rude and unprofessional. I also later found out she operated on a friend of mine and botched the job. She should leave medicine and go into modeling since she seems thinks so highly of the way she looks.

Submitted Jan. 8, 2012 | flag

Dr. Koo gave me the most unpleasant medical experience of my life. She treats adult patients like children. When I consulted her, I'd had the sudden onset of a very serious retinal condition. She knew what it was (I later got her records), but she never told me. Weeks later she referred me to a retina specialist, which should have been done immediately. She hates to answer questions. Questions about my own eye evoked a response close to outrage that I had dared to inquire. She is quite sarcastic. A glasses prescription she gave turned out to be all wrong and cost me hundreds in useless eyeglasses. She flailed about helplessly trying to control pressures in my eyes. The only thing she's really good at is hustling patients out of her office. I ended up going to Dr. Filer across the street who is a super nice eye doctor. I am amazed she has any repeat customers.

Submitted Jan. 25, 2011 | flag

Dr. Koo seems more interested in pushing certain eye drugs than in helping the patient. She worked on me time and again to use a certain expensive combination eye drop, though I kept telling her I preferred to use two cheaper drops, which (she acknowledged) have the same effect. I watched and heard her for ten minutes in chummy conversation with the drug rep for the expensive drop. In treatment, her hands don't seem sure and confident of what they are doing. With other ophthalmologists, when they examine or treat you, you know they've done it a thousand times. Not with Dr. Koo. Stay away from her.

Submitted Oct. 6, 2010 | flag