Dr. Nicholas G. Baranetsky

Grad. Year: 1974

Answers Email: Unknown
Online Appt. Scheduling: Unknown
Accepting New Patients:Y

Rating: 4.3 out of 5 (5 is best), based on 15 reviews. Dr. Nicholas G. Baranetsky has a good overall rating on RateMDs.com. smile

New! - Questions and answers about this doctor

Endocrinologist-related: Cushing's syndrome, hyperthyroidism, hypogonadism, metabolic bone disease, diabetes mellitus, pituitary dysfunction, neuroendocrinology, diabetes, pancreas, pituitary gland, ovaries, testes, thyroid, adrenal glands
The following ratings and comments have not been substantiated by RateMDs.com.
Date Staff Punctual Helpful Knowledge Review Comments

12/05/14 SYSTEM: 'birds of a feather' score (based on Medicare patients-in-common): 3.4

20/10/13 SYSTEM: First Name changed from "Nicholas" to "Nicholas G."
RID: 2650768
16/05/13 5 5 5 5 Saved my eyesite and probably my life.I was being incorrectly treated by my Nurologist and he step in and got me the surgery I needed by the best Drs.and hospital.that is what made the difference.he s an endocrinologist which means he is at the top when it comes to healtcare.I go to the No.Arlington office usually but I have never had a complaint about staff.they have always been very good.and for anyone ****in about having to wait a little bit, always remember the reason he might be late is because he may have just saved someones eyesight or had to tell a patient or family crushing news.without ur health uve have nothing......
Paid (or co-pay): $50
RID: 2637100
01/05/13 3 5 5 5 Dr. Baranesky was GREAT! I do not remember much about his staff. However, he was kind, patient, listened to my concerns, fears, symptoms and prior diagnosis. He then explained how I could have been misdiagnosed with PCOS for years. He did not rush to just give me "Birth Control" to fix problem. He was very knowledgeable about hormone imbalances, endocrine issues, female fertility issues,etc. He ordered several blood tests. He determined my condition and prescribed a medication that was traditionally used for diabetes but also utilized for hormonal imbalances. He also provided me with holistic methods to help improve my health & hormonal imbalance. Within one cycle of taking medication,my cycle commenced as normal for the first time in my life.I had to cease the medication because of other side effects my hormones remain balanced and my cycle is normal. I continue to follow a number of the holistic lifestyle changes he recommended. I shall be consulting him as I prepare for pregnancy.
RID: 2583125
12/03/13 1 4 2 2 Staff were really rude.When calling they keep you on hold for 15 mins or more. They are rude and not helpful at all. They seemed bother when a question is asked. He needs to get a new staff. I have visit his office twice. I', still trying to see if he's helpful or not. so far after almost a year he hasn't changed my prescription, i have gained over 30lbs due to my slow thyroid, i personally think my thyroid medicine it's too low for my weight. SMH!!
RID: 1673928
01/01/12 5 5 5 5 The doctor was a covering physician for my doctor. It was New Years Eve. I came down with the Flu. He was the only doctor that actually listened to my ailments and then prescribed Tamiflu. I think he is a caring doctor and one with a lot of empathy. He could have just said go to the emergency room as many covering doctors do. He's got my vote of 5 for helpfulfulness and knowledge.  Respond
RID: 1627201
08/11/11 1 3 2 2 Hejust wanted to prescribe me Spirinolactolone for my high testosterone as being a female. He didn't give me any advice. It's been two weeks since I visited his office. Today I called to hear the results of my blood test and the idiot receptionist said that he hasn't even reviewed them yet. When I left his office he said, "we'll call you in about a week and let you know the results". Never recieved a call and tests aren't even acknowledged. This guy makes so much money for what? Why do people like him? Doesn't make sense.
RID: 1380496
07/03/11 3 5 5 5 Dr. Narranetsky is one of the better doctors I've seen. He is patient and takes the time to explain everything to you, including things that may not be his specialty. He no longer accepts my insurance, but I will continue to visit him.
Paid (or co-pay): $100
RID: 812379
04/03/09 1 4 1 1 I saw all these positive reviews for this doctor but they ARE NOT TRUE! First, his staff is the most laziest and rude bunch of people, who magically lose papers all the time when you request copies and act as if they are doing you a favor (YOU ARE GETTING PAID YOU RETARDED IDIOTS). As for the doctor himself, he DOES NOT listen to anything you have to say. It is like talking into a brick wall. I have been researching the problem I have, and I knew MORE ABOUT than he did, he obviously does not keep up with his reading. Once he makes up his mind about something, he is very stubborn and then refuses to even help you out anymore. THANK GOD I stopped wasting my time with him and went to another endo who ordered to proper tests and was able to help me out.
RID: 357068
30/06/07 4 4 5 5 Dr. Baranetsky is a very friendly, knowledgeable, and caring physician. I have been seeing him for several years for diabetes treatment. I tried the Joslin Clinic previously and found them to be cold an unhelpful. Dr. B. is a welcome change to that! He can explain complex concepts in a clear manner and will spend the time with you if you have questions. I would highly recommend him.
RID: 347428
17/06/07 4 5 5 WONDERFUL ! He never rushes me, he listens attentively and always has time for my questions. In fact, he usually thanks me for coming in to see him. I trust him 100%. The office staff can be abrupt at times and it can be difficult to get lab results from them now and then. However, Dr. B is very caring and knowledgable. He is extremely thorough and treats the symptoms not just what the numbers say on lab tests. He truly want you to feel better and will do what it takes to get you there. If you are frustrated and feel you have some kind of thyroid isses, then you need to see Dr. Baranetsky!
RID: 230627
25/03/07 5 5 5 After going to 2 other Endos that misdiagnosed me, i was truly happy to find him. He really cares and answers evening and weekend calls right away, and with concern. Also, he is the only one that did the correct lab testing, and all of the different types needed. His staff can be a little nasty on the phone sometimes, but in person they are fine. He saved me and got me into remission from Hyperthyroidism without radiation or surgery....and I would go to him even if he didn't take my insurance. The most caring Dr i have ever been to...I can't say enough.
RID: 189924
13/03/07 5 5 5 He is WONDERFUL! very helpful, very considerate and very freindly. I go out of my way to see this Dr. I had VERY bad hypothyroidism, and he got me healthy again! Thanks Dr B!!
Paid (or co-pay): $2000
RID: 39257
04/08/06 5 5 5 Experience, expertise and bedside manner!! This doctor will listen carefully and spend as much time as necessary to diagnose and properly treat your symptoms. I have extreme Hasimoto's disease, (underactive thyroid), and he has been my doctor for years. Furthermore, I no longer even live in the area, and I now travel a great distance to keep my appointments with him. You will be hard pressed to find another like him.
RID: 26732
29/03/06 3 5 4 Dr. Baranestky is the best kind of doctor you can find -- one that actually cares about his patients. He will do anything he can to help your health. You never have to worry about asking him too many questions, or asking him weird questions -- he's always patient. If you have an endocrine problem, see him. He'll make sure you get the help you need. He's helped me out a lot, and has helped out a friend of mine, too. She had polycystic ovary syndrome, which complicated getting pregnant, etc., and now she has a baby -- because he was so helpful! My medical problems are very rare and complicated, yet he has helped me. After seeing many doctors that couldn't care less about me and didn't try to help, I was especially greatful for Dr. Baranetsky's care.
RID: 12572
20/09/05 5 5 5 I didn't care he was not in my plan. Finally, a dr that would help me with my thyroid. Other endocrinologists would scoff at my symptoms and read my test results and say I'm fine. Dr. Baranetsky is diferent he asked what my symptoms are, checked my test results and understood what was happening. He began treating me with thyroid hormone and it has been working. I hihghly recommend him to anyone that has a thyriod problem or thinks they may have one.
Paid (or co-pay): $195
RID: 2004
08/10/04 3 5 5 What a wonderful doctor! He's concerned with his patients' needs, just a kind, warm-hearted man. He treated my grandmother with great care and I was even of a patient of his too. Def. recommended  Respond
* - Rating left by a registered user