Rate Dr. Philip V. Theodosopoulos

Dr. Philip V. Theodosopoulos's Ratings

His bedside manner is tremendously lacking. He ignored my signs and symptoms for weeks after a craniotomy and kept insisting he saw no problems. I was walking to the left and was off balance. I started having horrible headaches. He finally did a CT scan nine weeks after the surgery. I had two SUBDURAL hematomas 2.5 cm deep in the left frontal cortex. It has caused lasting short term memory problems and I had to retire from my nursing profession. I received my medical records later and the hospital CT done the day of discharge said I had a 0.5 mm are that needed to be observed. He did not follow up three weeks after surgery, as I have now been informed, is standard protocol. I got no apology and was treated poorly when my family physician sent me back to him, since he had been my neurologist during this time. He was very short with me. My husband asked him why I didn't have speech therapy for brain training ordered early on after my last surgery. He told us he was waiting for my brain to heal and usually waited about a year. I'm in the medical profession and know the sooner brain training begins, the better the outcome. He even refused to help me try to get disability. He totally refused to take responsibility for his negligence. I owe thanks to him for ruining my professional career.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2607704].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 5, 2014

Dr. Theo is an amazing doctor he was my neurosurgeon for my ruptured aneurysm in 2007 while he was in Cincinnati. I adore this man. His knowledge, bedside manner, making sure his patients completely understand what is going on not to mention his overall caring for his patients is top notch. I really miss him and San Francisco is very lucky to have him :)

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2556053].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 29, 2014

a wonderful human first, a outstanding doctor, I had brain surgery 2012 and Dr Theodosopoulos is my new Doctor, and what a knowledgable persons. Thanks Dr "T"

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2420787].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 26, 2014

I love this man he is beyond excellent. He makes sure you understand what is going on and if not he will make sure not to leave until you do. When I was in the hospital he always had great bedside manner and I was always completely relaxed in his care....

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][753339].votes_count ]]