Rate Dr. John Maddalozzo

Dr. John Maddalozzo's Ratings

Dr. Maddalozzo removed my son's adnoids about 3 years ago and he was awesome! He was very reassuring to us about the surgery and super relaxed. Lucas's surgery changed his quality of life. He sleeps through the night and he is in a better mood as a result. Dr. Maddalozzo changed our lives with this surgery and we are so grateful!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2033054].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 16, 2012

Dr Maddalozzo performed tumor removal surgery on our 2 yr old daughters cheek. He was able to remove the malignant tumor intraorally. Every other surgeon we researched was unsure of being able to do this. Our daughter subsequently went through chemotherapy treatment - and is now fine. She has maintained full nerve function after this surgery. You would never know, four years later, that she went through any intraoral surgery. When we initially met with Dr Maddalozzo we were relieved in his confidence about the procedure that needed to be performed on our daughter. Dr M it truly a gifted surgeon that handles difficult cases very well. After our extensive search for a surgeon, we confidently moved forward with him - and are so very glad that we did. Dr Maddalozzo speaks from his stream of consciousness - and I think that can be misinterpreted by some people. Make no mistake - he is a gift to the pediatric medical community.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2033053].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 22, 2011

My daughter just had surgery having her adnoids removed and he was wonderful and was very good with my daughter. I can see how people can misunderstand him and think he has bad bed side manner but he is a very busy doctor that wants to see all his patients and I totally understand that. The day of the surgery his staff was very helpful and made sure I understood exactly what was about to happen. I commend you for a fantastic job.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2033052].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 23, 2011

Dr. Maddalozzo expediently identified and removed a golf ball-sized, malignant tumor (neuroblastoma) attached to our 9 mos. old daughter's jugular vein and nerves controlling her diaphragm. We commend his skill, knowledge and care that halted the spread of cancer, without the rigors of chemo or radiation. After this invasive, complicated surgery, all of her nerves were intact AND she was happy & back to normal within 24-48 hrs. Doctor M and his staff coordinated a number of necessary diagnostic tests all of which show that the cancer has not spread. We wish that every parent had access to someone as amazing as Dr. Maddalozzo to care for their child. We thank God and Dr. Maddalozzo for saving our daughter's life.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2033051].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 1, 2010

This doctor knows his stuff and was wonderful with my 7 month old son's branchial cleft surgery. Turns out it was almost infected and a bit complicated but he did great and now there is just a little scar. My first impression was that he was a bit arrogant but then I realized he was trying to put me at ease by telling me how many times he had seen this before. His staff treated me like family and I felt the doctor did too. I would like to add that my neighbor who is a nurse in the suburbs had tubes put in her son with him and was very pleased as well. I felt my son was in good hands.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2033050].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 1, 2010

While this doctor does have sufficient knowledge of his specialty, his bedside manner is horrible. Every time he was done speaking his thought he would turn to walk out of the room. I would then ask a question which would then cause him to turn around and walk back into the room. He also seemed put off by my additional questions/inquiries (like he was upset I wasn't satisfied with the info he gave me). I will find a different doctor to go to and will not recommend him to anyone.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2033049].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 18, 2009

I recently did an extensive literature review to help find the very best surgeon for my 19 y.o. nephew with a rare congenital anomaly of the neck. His local physicians in Miami were mystified with his condition of a piriform fistula of the third branchial arch and could not formulate a concise treatment plan due to a lack of experience with this particular problem. Through wonderful fortune and internet research, we found Dr.Maddalozzo. We did an initial telephone conference with him and later an office visit followed by surgery.We found him to be extremely knowledgeable, decisive, approachable,and as it turns out,one of the world's premier surgeons on this type of anomaly. My nephew was recently operated on by Dr.Maddalozzo and his superb team of surgeons at Children's Memorial Hospital in Chicago. The surgery had unusual and unforeseen complications that were successfully handled with such skill and deftness. The outcome was a total success with only a 2 day hospital stay and a co

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2033048].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 7, 2008

Excellent ENT doctor. Has been in practice for over 22 years. He removed my son's tumor from salivary gland and did a superb job. He has full function of facial nerves. Great personality and his staff are magnificent. I am glad I chose him to do the surgery and will trust him again with my children. I am blessed to have found him. I thank GOD and him for the gift of healing.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2033047].votes_count ]]