Rate Dr. Dianne Runk

Dr. Dianne Runk's Ratings

post-op care is not good; my complications after 2 surgeries were not addressed in a timely way; her office nurse's opinion and instructions were wrong. Subsequent mammogram showed atypical results but got a wait & see attitude. disappointed in care received so I switched doctors.

Submitted April 14, 2014 | flag

Dr. Runk has been a blessing to me. I rather enjoy her upfront approach to treatment for my recently diagnosed Lobular Breast Cancer. Her positive attitude has helped my family and myself starting this battle. She placed a port for my chemo treatments a few days ago and her bedside manner was the best I've experienced. She was with me through the entire process and answered all questions asked. I have to say I would HIGHLY recommend Dr. Runk, she is the best! She is straight forward and doesn't sugar coat things, I appreciate her attitude and approach to curing my cancer.

Submitted Aug. 9, 2013 | flag

My 89-year-old mother was referred to Dr. Runk for a biopsy, following a questionable mammogram & ultrasound. Armed with the diagnosis of only the radiologist who read my mother's mammogram & ultrasound, and claimed she had cancer, Dr. Runk concurred with the diagnosis while performing a breast exam. She then did a fine needle aspiration biopsy. A few days later, she called and stated the pathology report was non-diagnostic and wanted my mother to come in for a core biopsy or an excisional one. Before deciding, we requested copies of the mammogram, ultrasound & pathology reports. Upon learning that we requested a copy of the pathology report, Dr. Runk called me and was flippant, arrogant, and defensive; however, we were not dissuaded in exercising our rights. When we received the pathology report, it said that the biopsy was non-malignant. Consequently, we put the brakes on having any additional tests performed. One has to question why a doctor would lie to a patient. Money???

Submitted June 1, 2013 | flag

Like somone else wrote, if you have a textbook case, Runk is probably OK for you. However, it is important to recognize that she embodies the negative stereotype of an arrogant doctor who thinks she has the right to determine what is best for you without your permission, who is engaged by having her authority questioned, and who is not willing to accept let alone admit that she could have made a mistake or misdiagnosis. I had a serious MRSA infection. The last time I went to see her about it, she told me I was totally healed--that the pain I was experiencing was just residual from the surgery. Tow days later I was having surgery (incision and drainage) done at U.C. by Dr. Elizabeth Shaughnessy. When Dr. Shaughnessy first saw my breast she knew immediately I was in serious trouble. I would not recommend Dr. Runk to anyone...EVER!!!

Submitted Aug. 17, 2012 | flag

While Dr Runk would never be described as "warm & fuzzy", she is one of the top in her field here in Cinci. I found her to be very knowledgeable and caring when I dealt with her.

Submitted April 3, 2012 | flag

Dr. Runk may be a fine surgeon but her abilities beyond the operating room are quite limited. She does not like to be questioned and got irate when I suggested I wanted to seek a second opinion. Perhaps one of the most alarming things is that she had her nurse send my husband out of the examining room despite the fact that I wanted him in there with me. Also, when I called with concerns about my surgery site she was flippant and dismissive of me. If you know your surgery is going to be textbook with no complications, she might be an appropriate choice. However, if you think there is a remote possibility you will need follow-up care or the most up-to-date information on treatments and after surgery medications for breast cancer, it would be best to go to someone else.

Submitted Nov. 8, 2010 | flag