Rate Dr. Brent J. Michael

Dr. Brent J. Michael's Ratings

Dr. Michael is not your average doctor. I feel fortunate to have enjoyed Dr. Michael as my primary GP for over 6 years and have found him to be extremely trustworthy, personable, knowledgeable, honest, thorough, compassionate and non-judgmental. He takes the time to talk to you and to listen to all of your concerns. Dr. Michael is someone you can talk with and he really cares about each one of his patients. He listens and provides suggestions. A patient couldn't ask for a more caring physician than Dr. Michael. The entire office staff is extremely friendly, personable and accommodating. Dr. Michael is a great doctor, mentor and friend. I'm glad I have him as my primary care provider! I am forever grateful to Dr. Michael and strongly recommend him to anyone who desires personalized care.

Submitted Oct. 23, 2013 | flag

I broke my leg a few years ago and was totally immobilized. I was playing basketball and landed wrong completely breaking the bone. I was depressed not to mention in pain. I was also slightly embarrassed about my condition. A friend of mine recommended Dr. Michael. I was amazed at how responsive and cordial he and his staff were in the early goings of my rehabilitation. I received the referrals I needed promptly and they would consistently check in with me to see how I was doing. I would highly recommend Dr. Michael to anyone, he’s a great doctor and all around stand up guy.

Submitted Oct. 1, 2013 | flag

Dr Michaels was informative and thorough. He listens and takes the time to give great care!

Submitted June 21, 2013 | flag

Dr. Brent Michael was awesome.. He and his staff were very friendly and accommodating. Short wait time and thorough examination. Dr. Michael was sweet, attentive, informative and helpful. Highly recommend him.

Submitted May 29, 2013 | flag

Dr. Michael has changed. I have seen him sometimes where he seems fine and other times more recently where he seems like a different person and acts strange--it's hard to describe but it has made me feel very uncomfortable. I am going to switch to another doctor because I have gotten second opinions that have proven him very wrong on more than one occasion. I would definitely NOT recommend him. His staff is nice, though.

Submitted Feb. 15, 2012 | flag

Dr. Michael is a great doctor, very professional. Nurse is very nice and polite. great experiense...

Submitted Nov. 29, 2011 | flag

Dr. Michael is prompt, extremely informative and very polite. Thanks again Dr. Michael!!!

Submitted Nov. 14, 2011 | flag

Recently, I went into the office for a physical and to check out the new doctor my insurance assigned me. It was the single worst experience I have ever had at the doctor's. I had to wait 2 full hours before seeing the doctor. He then rushed me through because he had a meeting. I forgot to ask one question, so I asked the nurse if he could see me. He was still in the hallway because I could hear his voice, but they said no to me. I had some blood work done and had to call SEVERAL times to get the results. I was told they would contact me, but they never did. They even hung up on me one of the times I actually reached them and got them to put me on hold. This doctor's office is WAY overbooked and I would never recommend it to anyone. Both the office staff and the actual doctor were unprofessional to say the least.

Submitted Aug. 30, 2011 | flag

Dr. Michael is one of the premier family physicians in Santa Monica and West Los Angeles. Any claims otherwise are lies and fraudulent. He has been my doctor for 6 years and I can say without a doubt that he is the best. That is why his waiting room is full. You may wait a few minutes, but that is irrelevant when you need the best care possible. Word travels fast, and that is why in a short period of time Dr. Michael has established himself as the "go to" family physician in west Los Angeles. His staff is very helpful and his extensive network of referrals insures you will always receive the best care possible. I tell anyone reading, do not hesitate to see Dr. Michael.

Submitted Jan. 30, 2011 | flag

This guy is a Grade A Jerk. He actually told me that I should really have PPO insurance because then he would give me an examination. But since I have HMO insurance, he just refers everything out. What a scammer. He then gives me this ridiculous lengthy explanation about how he is a "private" doctor and that only 10% of his patients are HMO, the rest are PPO or cash. This doctor made me feel like the scum of the earth. What a punk. What's worse is that my "consultation" took place with me sitting in his actual office and he on the other side of the desk. He asked me what was wrong...that was it. I could have told him my leg was gangrenous and he wouldn't have looked at it. But instead, he wrote me a referral and said I'd hear back in 7 to 10 days. That was 40 days ago and I just got the referral after weeks of badgering his office. This guy is an arrogant jerk, cocky and obviously discriminatory against anyone with HMO insurance. "You're not good enough."

Submitted Jan. 2, 2011 | flag