Rate Dr. Robert A. Grover

Dr. Robert A. Grover's Ratings

Dr. Grover's office found my diseases and diagnosed me and that is the last thing they did right. Every appointment they took urine via catheter even while enduring a painful UTI. Not polite, rubbed my leg during exam, made me feel unknowledgeable and talked down to me. Worst care after surgery as well. I paid for the surgery up front as I was not covered at the time. Later I found out I was covered and they billed my insurance company. I have been harassing them for three weeks calling once or twice everyday and have not seen a dime. They have neglected my phone calls and are basically refusing to pay. Would never recommend him to anyone and I beg you to stay away. It seems okay in the beginning but in the end his actions are never okay. He is not known for his good surgical skills and has had many bad outcomes with his patients during surgery.

Submitted Nov. 19, 2013 | flag

Front office staff was not very helpful. His nurses were nice, although I could tell OB care was not their specialty. Not punctual AT ALL!!! A 45 minute wait was the norm, and I know I waited over 1 hour several times. Dr. Grover was nice, but I never felt comfortable with him. I started seeing him well into my pregnancy, so I didn't feel like I had time to switch to another doctor. I was induced a few days before my due date, and the whole experience was an absolute disaster. Dr Grover made some very questionable and dangerous decisions. The nurses were trying to talk him out of giving me the drug (Meso) that he wanted me to have as my labor was already starting on its own He was very difficult and insisted that I take it. It sent my labor out of control and it was a very scary evening for me, my husband, and the nurses. My baby was in distress the entire time. Dr. Grover acted like it was no biggie and that we were freaking over nothing.I felt so helpless. I'll never go back

Submitted Nov. 7, 2013 | flag

Dr. Grover is TOP NOTCH. I just had a robotic hysterectomy and he was so caring and explained everything to me. The surgery went without a hitch and I even went home the next day with no pain whatsoever. I highly recommend Dr. Grover. His staff are very professional and treat you with the upmost care and respect. And I would recommend robotic surgery especially for us heavy girls. Thanks Dr. Grover for taking such good care of me.

Submitted June 8, 2013 | flag

The Staff is okay, I have had them be very hurtful to me before but nothing out of the typical "don't know any better" norm. Dr. Robert Grover is smart which is why I have continued going there but I can no longer he is too rough,talks down to you, and insensitive. Its gotten to the point where now I am to traumatized by his care to go. I am disappointed in this because he is the only uro/gyn combo in the area. I want to ensure I receive the best possible care. Due to his roughness I can't recommend him to anyone, and I have been seeing him for years. I am currently in the market for a new gyno immediately to have a check up after what happened. I am concerned that there could be permanent physical damaged after the last visit with him.

Submitted March 8, 2013 | flag

He delivered my first child. The baby was 9 lbs. 11 oz. 56 hours into my labor, he would not discuss a c-section. He told me repeatedly that women were made to deliver babies and that I would eventually deliver this baby. Well after 16.5 more hours I did deliver the baby with the help of forceps and vacuum. My baby's head was soooo bruised and disformed. He has severe learning disabilities today. I honestly feel like being in the birth canal so long and being pried from my body with the use of tools caused that. The nurse at the hospital told me to contact a lawyer as what I went through was NOT the norm. However, I did not have any money for a lawyer.

Submitted Sept. 13, 2011 | flag

Best OBGYN that I have been to. He has a great sense of humor and is very understanding of my needs. I would recommend him to anyone. His staff is wonderful. They are very educated on everything that is done within his office. Could not ask for a better physician!

Submitted Sept. 8, 2011 | flag

Submitted June 19, 2011 | flag

Very rude and VERY insensitive guy. I really don't know how knowledgeable he is. We never got past his initial very rude comments to me before I said, "no thanks." and left.

Submitted Dec. 28, 2010 | flag

This doctor may be intelligent but he is not a nice person, in my opinion. There are plenty of intelligent doctors who will treat you with respect. He was the Worst type. He has No Real knowledge of interstitial cystitis. He Believes no one should ever need medication to relieve pain. And thinks anyone that does is weak minded. At least this is what he said to me. He was physically abusive to me during an exam. I told him he was hurting me. He yelled at me and continued to cause me pain. When I made him stop he threw his arms in the air and said I was difficult and weak. I don't think his "bedside manner" was funny at all. His actions were beyond reproach. Unless you have very think skin and do not mind being put down you may be okay having him as your doctor. This is just my opinion based my personal experience.

Submitted Nov. 17, 2010 | flag

Terrible bedside manner. Very rough. Rude. Obnoxious. Thank God he's not doing prenatal care anymore. No one should go thru what he put me thru.I have heard some positive things about him and I agree he is knowledgeble about his profession but I've heard far more negative things about him than positive.

Submitted July 23, 2009 | flag