Dr. June Elcock-Messam

Grad. Year:

Answers Email: Unknown
Online Appt. Scheduling: N
Accepting New Patients:Y

Rating: 4.8 out of 5 (5 is best), based on 23 reviews. Dr. June Elcock-Messam has an excellent overall rating on RateMDs.com. smile

New! - Questions and answers about this doctor

The following ratings and comments have not been substantiated by RateMDs.com.
Date Staff Punctual Helpful Knowledge Review Comments
RID: 2816580
27/08/13 4 5 5 5 My daughter has been her patient since she was 1, and she is about to turn 11! She is absolutely the BEST! Very gentle, very caring and always goes the extra mile. Once we were away and my daughter was getting sick. By the time the plane landed she was really feeling awful. I called Dr. Messam from the car and she had us come right in to the office on a SUNDAY!!! She said she did not want my daughter to go to the ER and catch something else and it was easier to just examine her and be sure she had an accurate diagnosis. BTW I am a physician and have high expectations but Dr. Messam does not disappoint.
RID: 1682542
10/01/12 3 5 5 5 LOVE, LOVE, LOVE Dr.Messam.I was very nervous having our second baby who we knew had Cystic Fibrosis.My current peds office(Springfield Peds)were not very comforting to me.When Dr.Messam came in to examine our son in the nursery she came to my room brought me down to the nursery, we went over every inch of his body easing all of my concerns.Her staff can sometimes be ify when it comes to following up but they are always very nice.The one nurse is not very gentle when giving vaccines but Dr.Messam does give numbing cream prior to coming in.You never feel rushed & or judged.You can see she cares for your child just as if they were her own & its so comforting.She has even called from her vacations to check on my son who has CF for no reason other than to check. Sometimes phone calls aren't returned promptly but could be office staff issue.She also will not treat over the phone a visit is a must which can sometimes be a pain especially with a large copay.  Respond
RID: 1660270
13/12/11 5 5 5 5 Excellant child health care doctor. Would recommend her to anyone who has children.
Respond

22/05/11 SYSTEM: 2 positive duplicate or disallowed ratings automatically removed
RID: 1291813
11/11/10 5 5 5 5 My name is Desiree and I have been taking my children to Dr. Messam for over 3 years. We absolutely love the way she cares for our children and have never had a bad experience. She is always available and returns call promptly. Dr. Messam also has a great staff that is very polite and does a great job. I can't imagine having to go to another Pediatrician, she is a one of a kind doctor.
RID: 1216791
27/07/10 5 5 5 5 I have been bringing my child to see Dr.June Elcock-Messam for over three years,now. She is very caring about her patients and their familes. My child plays sports and suffered several sports injuries over that time frame, she wasn't only concerned about the care that my child recieved she also called to check on her and see how her injuries werehealing. I just can't think about the time when my child has to tranfer to an aduld doctor, I only hope the adult doctor is as knowledgable,personalbe and genuine as Dr.Elcock-Messam and her staff.
RID: 1052868
08/12/09 2 2 2 2 Watch out! This doctor is trying to make a name for herself! She thinks she is an expert in child abuse. Your child falls and bruises his/her head, child abuse. Isn't worth it to put yourself through her egotistical, self-opinionated arrogance!! Better pediatricians all over!!  Respond
RID: 1048097
02/12/09 5 5 5 5 Dr Messam is an incredible pediatrician, not only is she warm and personable but she has a tremendous amount of knowledge. My children are two and three so we are there often for checkups, colds etc and highly recommend her!!!
RID: 984598
10/09/09 5 5 5 5 Dr. Messam is a wonderful pediatrician. We had our first baby this summer and she is absolutely amazing. As new parents my husband and I have a lot of questions and she is always eager to talk with us and never rushes through an appointment. She is so sweet and delicate with our son. She treats him like her own child. She always calls back when you have a question and always explains things in such a way that you feel enpowered as a new parent. You will not be dissapointed with Dr. Messam. She is an angel! My husband and I are moving out of the area and I am so upset that we now have to find another doctor for our son. In our search for a new doctor I know I will be comparing all of them to Dr. Messam. We are so sad to be leaving her.
RID: 960496
11/08/09 5 5 5 5 I have been taking my four children to Dr. Messam since they were born. She is wonderful, patient and truly cares about all of her patients. She came highly recommended by nurses and friends and I'm completely happy with her and trust her with my children.
RID: 869837
24/04/09 5 5 5 5 Dr. Messam is one of the pediatricians around. She is very knowledgeable and is great with her patients. She takes the time to explain diagnosis to parents and the medication she prescribes. I'm so glad a friend referred Dr. Messam for my children's primary care. I couldn't be more satisfied.
RID: 794060

19/02/09 1 1 1 5 She is a great doctor untill you leave her practice. We left because of her inconvienent office hours. Also, she does not always return phone calls. After leaving her practice, her office staff told us that they did not release medical records to parents. We had to cite HIPPA laws in order to have our records released. Dr. Messam charged us $132.00 and change for a copy of my 2 year old's records (much more than most practices). Most practices charge nothing to have records faxed to other offices. After receiving our records, we discoverd that my daughter's vaccine records were not up-to-date. She received two vaccines that were not listed. As a result, we now need to get our daughter a blood test to determine which vaccines she received and which ones she didn't.
RID: 749722
26/12/08 5 5 5 5 Dr. Messam is an amazing doctor! And I have to mention that she does has 24hr coverage over the weekends through a group of knowlegeable nurses who are always there to help and will contact Dr. Messam if needed!
Insurance: Medicaid / Medi-Cal
RID: 531707
06/03/08 5 5 5 5 Dr Messam and her staff are wonderful!!! I appreciate that she takes her time during visits and feel she genuinely cares about my children. I have a 6 month old baby with reflux and a 2 year old so we are at the office often :)
RID: 506885
07/02/08 5 5 5 5 Dr. Messum is a wonderful doctor. We switched from Kids First and it is night and day. I am so pleased we found such a caring professional to care for our daughter. Dr. Messum helped us figure out that our daughter had reflux after eight months of struggling with the other provider. She is a blessing.
RID: 481497
11/01/08 5 5 5 5 Dr. Messam is so helpful. Her staff is great. I have three kids, one is an infant. She really listens to my concerns and symptons and takes all into account before medicating or making me worry. She always fits us in with sick calls. Never overbooks her appointments. And is available to talk to directly.
RID: 475997
04/01/08 5 5 5 5 Dr. Messam is great. I'm always able to get a same day appt. I never had to wait, usually if i get there a little early she takes me then. She treats my daughter as if she was her own. Listens very well and explains thing well. I've never felt rushed, and of course she knows what she's talking about.
Insurance: United Healthcare
RID: 445422
16/11/07 5 5 5 5 Dr. Messam is wonderful. She is a fantastic diagnostician. My son has horrible reflux which brought on chronic ear infections, asthma and subsequently delayed speech. Dr. Messam was on the reflux when he was only about three weeks old. Also, my now eighteen month old son runs into her arms when she walks in the room. Doesn't matter if it is a sick or well visit. He just loves her. She is so compassionate and gentle. She will often examine his lovey before she examines him, in order to put him even more at ease. She has even called us to check in when my son has been really ill. We feel so blessed to have her as our pediatrician.  Respond
RID: 134358
10/02/07 5 5 5 She is a gem of a doctor, always patient,helpful and reliable.She gives value to every concern and i really like her attitude with the children she deals with, as if she is handling her own children. I am lucky to have her as my pediatrician.
Paid (or co-pay): $15
RID: 55931
13/11/06 5 5 5 I can't say enough good things about Dr. Messam. She has always showed genuine concern for my children's health and spent considerable time listening to me and explaining any issues. Amazingly, she has even called several days later to check in on my kids and see how they were feeling. She is wonderful.
RID: 52524
25/10/06 5 5 5 I think Dr. Messam is wonderful. She answers her own phone before 10am and never double schedules an appointment so there is no waiting. She is a neighboorhood doctor in a highly populated area.
RID: 44696
11/09/06 5 5 5 Dr. Messam is an excellent childrens doctor who takes the time to carefully listen to you (the parent). She demonstrates patients and expertise in her field. She has always responded quickly to our family needs. We feel blessed to have found a wonderful doctor for our 3 boys.
RID: 39943
09/08/06 5 5 5 Dr. Elcock-Messum is an excellent doctor. She has gone above and beyond my expectations. She came to me widely recommended by other Mothers and I have also enthusiastically recommended her and will continue to do so.  Respond
RID: 38347
30/07/06 5 5 5 Dr. Messam is gentle, caring, and genuinely concerned about her patients.  Respond
* - Rating left by a registered user