Dr. Sedat M. Surmeli

Grad. Year: 1994

Answers Email: Unknown
Online Appt. Scheduling: Unknown
Accepting New Patients:Y

Rating: 4.9 out of 5 (5 is best), based on 20 reviews. Dr. Sedat M. Surmeli has an excellent overall rating on RateMDs.com. smile

New! - Questions and answers about this doctor

The following ratings and comments have not been substantiated by RateMDs.com.
Date Staff Punctual Helpful Knowledge Review Comments
RID: 2893354
03/10/13 5 3 5 5 AMAZING PHYSICIAN!! Makes you feel very comfortable during your visit, takes time to answer questions, displays concern and care for patients. The wait time can sometimes be bothersome, however, he is a popular Dr. and I'm sure that contributes to the issue. I've read some 'not so positive' reviews on the staff, but I must disagree. All have been very positive and friendly to me (I'm a patient for 15 yrs now). Sometimes they may appear direct, but they are busy and working hard, so no time for little chat (I appreciate that). LOVE THE DOCTOR, love the office and the staff.
RID: 2518858
02/01/13 1 3 4 4 this is the first review I have ever written. I am writing this review because I need to report how frustrating the office staff made me. It took over a month with numerous phone calls to get test results. The first time this happened I let it go but the next round of lab work I got I had to deal with the same thing. Dr. Surmeli is a great doctor but I personally can not deal with his crappy staff. So if you are looking for a great doctor and can deal with annoying staff that this is the place for you.  Respond
RID: 2462619
31/10/12 2 5 5 5 Dr. Surmeli is great, the office staff is really bad, and the WORST thing is that you could be about to deliver and you may get someone else to do your delivery and some docs there are not go. Dr. Sadural is good too. I schedulled my c-section w the doc I liked and at the end they changed the date and it was a really bad experience with dc. Wimmer and the resident doc on call that day.  Respond

04/07/12 SYSTEM: City changed from "Kearny" to "WEST ORANGE"
RID: 1788153
23/03/12 5 5 5 5 DR. Sedat M.Surmeli, Is the most kindest Dr. He takes his time with you answers all questions and explains it to you,he is always making sure you get all your women check ups on time. Bottom line he cares he also delivered my son 5 yrs ago.So to all women if you are looking for a excellent Dr.Surmeli is the one Dr. I just love him he is the best oh and he calls you back if you need to speak to him if it's important I rate my Dr A+ Dina from NJ.
RID: 1706766
07/02/12 5 5 5 5 Dr. Surmeli is extremely knowledgable and genuinely caring Dr. He delivered my second child. When I was in labor, all I wanted was for him to be there. He is so calming & understanding. He provided me with just the right amount of confidence that I needed. I'm a high risk patient and didn't have the most pleasant delivery with my first child. But Dr. Surmeli changed all that. He is the one responsible for my little miracle. He is without a doubt the BEST Doctor around. He Truly cares.
RID: 1217931
29/07/10 4 3 5 5 I love Dr. Surmeli. He is extrmeley knowledgele and makes you feel comfortable in an instant. I wish I would have went to him when I was pregnant with my 3 children but unfortunately I was not aware of his practice at the time. I agree with other postings that you have to wait to long to get an appointment for yearly exam. Waiting time is long and he does apologize for the long wait.
RID: 1180461
01/06/10 5 4 5 5 He is the best. Very caring. And he really listen to you and help you... After him, I can not find a better OB/GYN doctor in the place I recently moved.  Respond
RID: 1176417
25/05/10 5 5 5 5 DR. Surmeli is caring and he listens. I've been a patient for over 10yrs. The best!!!
RID: 1070938
06/01/10 3 4 5 5 Very knowledgable, makes you feel at ease and comfortable. Dr. Surmeli is the best OB/GYN I have ever had!  Respond
RID: 937348
15/07/09 5 4 5 5 Dr. Surmeli is THE BEST! I had my other children before moving to NJ and was nervous to have anew Dr. Well, Dr. surmeli just delivered my third child (3rd c -section)and this was the best experience yet. He is patient, knowledgeable and laid back. A+++++
Insurance: United Healthcare
RID: 936147
14/07/09 5 5 5 5 I've been his patient for almost 4 years now. I've had many pap smears, but he was the most gentle ever. Extremely helpful through 2 complicated pregnancies. He made me feel welcome to ask questions from the beginning, and even involved my husband in the whole process. I've called for emergencies at all hours of the night, and he has responded literally within 3 minutes.His service is outstanding :-)Love him
RID: 788471
12/02/09 5 4 5 5 Dr. Surmeli is without a doubt the best OBGYN a patient could ever ask for. He is thorough, professional and genuinely caring. He delivered both of my children and has also seen me for regular routine visits. Unfortunately for me I relocated with my family to NC and am not able to continue in his care. I often joke that if I should become pregnant again I would have to move back to NJ temporarily to have Dr. Surmeli deliver my baby! Best doctor and practice (Dr. Sadural and Wimmer are also awesome). Highly recommend going to this practice.
Insurance: Oxford
RID: 613436
13/06/08 5 3 5 5 Very laid back personality which is good. Apologized profusely for making us wait.
RID: 566056
15/04/08 2 1 5 5 Dr. Surmeli is wonderful! He is has an easy going manner and is extremely professional and polite. As we ladies know, going to the gynocologist is not the most pleasant experience. Dr. Surmeli immediately puts his patients at ease. He listens to their concerns and is willing answer any questions. There should be more doctors like him! On the down side, the office staff don't always answer the phone. Often, the answering service picks up when the office is supposed to be open. Waiting time is too long. I wait at least 30 - 45 minutes for a scheduled appointment. I understand that Dr. Surmeil is both a GYN and an obstetrician, but it would be helpful if the office staff would tell patients when doctor is running late.
Paid (or co-pay): $15
RID: 401298
11/09/07 4 5 5 5 i absolutely love him. he's great and he makes you feel really comfortable, very cute. i'm really lucky to have him as a dr.  Respond
RID: 364813
12/07/07 5 5 5 5 TRULY amazing, when I was in labor all I wanted was him there because he is so calming and understands everything. Makes you feel at ease just by his presence. Recomment him to EVERYONE! The most helpful , sweet doctor you will EVER meet!
RID: 362114
09/07/07 4 4 5 5 He is the best of the best. Works quickly and efficiently and knows his stuff. Makes sure you're as comfortable as possible even under the most uncomfortable of situations. I hightly recommend him!
Insurance: United Healthcare
RID: 114793
27/01/07 5 5 5 Very knowledgable and supportive. Makes you feel at ease with his bedside manner.
RID: 41664
21/08/06 5 5 5 Really a great OB/gyn...respects your opinions and knowledge, very supportive...rare for an ob/gyn  Respond
RID: 36762
19/07/06 5 5 5 most amazing and supportive doc's in the world and trust me i have been to millions these guys are the A#1 BEST!!
Paid (or co-pay): $10