Rate Dr. Paul E. Savas

Dr. Paul E. Savas's Ratings

Dr. Savas performed two surgeries about 2 years apart. The second surgery involved instrumentation and bone fusion at levels l4 through s1. After experiencing an increase of pain levels two years after 2nd surgery, I consulted Dr. Savas again. After looking at an m.r.i. Dr. Savas concluded he saw no reason for the pain I was experiencing. I have since then seen a neurosurgeon at the U.V.A. Medical Hospital in Charlottesville, Va. After examining the exact same films as Dr. Savas examined, it has been determined that the pedicle (screw) at L4 is loose and likely that the pedicles at L5 and S1 are loose as well. The bone fusion done in conjunction with the instrumentation has failed as well. At this point I am facing a corrective surgery to replace the loosened screws and correct the failed bone fusion. I do not feel that Dr. Savas had my best interest in mind after viewing my films and saying that he saw no reason for my pain levels. I would not recommend Dr. Savas for spinal surgery!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2035008].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 24, 2011

i waited twice for over 4 hours with no apology, 2 months for mri another 1-2 for an appt. we waited so long one day someone went across the street and got snacks from the bread shop. the staff was rude and EXTREMELY UNORGANIZED. he did surgery and didn't do everything and didnt even tell me i found out when having a lot of problems and had to have an mri of course by another doctor. would never recommend him. and his staff needs serious training and what a stressful atmosphere.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2035007].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 6, 2010

Have been seeing for 1 year all along would wait two hours to see and from the first appt. with out touching me said I had spasms sent me to physical therapy. I was having spasms but how did he see through my clothes from across the room.Through it all from jump street all he wants to do is surgery saying that people die every day from surgery that I need a fusion of 4 disc in my neck and another lower in my back. I do have 4 slipped disc sever pain with numbness down both arms, and sciatic pain with numbness down left leg but I'm alive.When I have sever adrenal gland deficiency witch could cause me to die from any trauma like surgery with general anesthesia ,infection. He was very mad when I got a second opinion from a doctor that said it was to risky for me to have this or any surgery told me that if i was his sister he would advice me not to go through with it and my primary doc had been saying the same thing all along. So the final straw HE DOES NOT CARE ABOUT MY LIFE !

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2035006].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 28, 2010

i AM STILL WAITING FOR AN MRI TO BE SCHEDULED BY THIS DOCTOR.MY VISIT WAS ON 8-609 THEY ARE WAITING ON THEIR TRANSSCRIPTS / NOT THE INSURANCE COMPANY.I AM IN BAD BACK PAIN AND CAN NOT WORK.I HAVE NO MED'S FROM THEM OR A SLIP FOR BEEING OUT OF WORK AS PROMISED BY THE NURSE.I AM CALLING ALL THE TIME AND NOTHING......

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2035005].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 18, 2009

Long wait - but anything good is worth waiting for. After living in horrible pain for several years while another doctor had me waiting, and waiting, Dr.S looked at my MRI and immediately saw 3 problems - said all had to be repaired for success - operated within 2 weeks. When awakening after surgery (in spite of post op pain) I was free from the pain I had been suffering with. Thank you Dr.S.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2035004].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 8, 2009

Dr. Savas performed a 4 level fusion which gave minimal relief for a few months. When I began experiencing pain after the surgery, Dr. Savas did not seem to be concerned or sympathetic. I had several tests (MRI's Cat Scans etc.) and steroid injections and went through months of physical therapy. He still said that he saw no reason for my pain. I found another surgeon who did corrective surgery and I have had wonderful results!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2035003].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 25, 2009

Never on time for appts. Very knowledgeable. Did not think the profuse amount of green pus or the hot, red inflamed area around the incision was necessarily an infection but did give me 3 weeks worth of antibiotics just in case. Took 3 weeks to fill out the paperwork that would allow Employee Health to clear me to return to work. However, the horrible pain is, for the most part, GONE! For that, I think he is great!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2035002].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 18, 2008

Ask first about his repeat surgeries that failed the first time. Ask about his patient's getting infections from his surgery. Ask him for references of both patients who are satisfied and those who are not. This doctor is too quick to put in spinal fusion hardware in your body. He will not even consult you unless you get a MRI first.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2035001].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 28, 2008

He is good and caring. He is also realistic. He will not recommend surgery unless all other options are explored!A REAL POSITIVE IN MY BOOK!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2035000].votes_count ]]