Dr. Susan F. Barngrover

Grad. Year: 1985

Answers Email: Unknown
Online Appt. Scheduling: Unknown
Accepting New Patients:Y

Rating: 4.4 out of 5 (5 is best), based on 8 reviews. Dr. Susan F. Barngrover has a good overall rating on RateMDs.com. smile

New! - Questions and answers about this doctor

Psychologist-related: counseling, psychological trauma, psychological problems, mental illness
The following ratings and comments have not been substantiated by RateMDs.com.
Date Staff Punctual Helpful Knowledge Review Comments

20/10/13 SYSTEM: First Name changed from "Susan" to "Susan F."
RID: 2851088
11/09/13 3 4 5 5 Staff is neutral as there wasn't any there. I am impressed with her level of knowledge and the fact that I could communicate so easily with her. She didn't just sit and listen, she would support, challenge, and offer suggestions to help me move along.
Respond

07/09/13 SYSTEM: City changed from "Lees Summit" to "Lee''s Summit"
RID: 2484834

28/11/12 2 4 1 1
Insurance: Coventry
RID: 1670540
27/12/11 4 4 5 5 Susan Barngrover, Ph.D. is an exceptionally skilled Psychologist, but she is not licensed to prescribe medication. She works closely with with many Psychiatrists and MD's and is very highly regarded by area mental health practioners. She is quite knowledeable of psychotropic medications, but because of Missouri Law she cannot prescribe. Extremely knowledgeable and very caring and compassonate. I highly recommend her.  Respond
RID: 1573295
28/10/11 4 4 5 5 Susan is very compassionate. She keeps up to date on medicines & has been helpful to me in working with my physician to tweek or improve my medications as I continue to deal with mental health issues related to a major chronic illness. She has experiance with many type of patients. I've spent over 3 years with her. Her theraputic support has been wonderful. The woman who works the front desk is nice, but very direct.
RID: 1432933
04/05/11 5 5 5 5 Is very adaptable based on my level of need. Meets people where they are at and moves them forward patiently while productively.
RID: 1382622
09/03/11 5 5 5 5 I go in the afternoon and there is no front desk person. Staff is directed at Dr. Barngrover
RID: 1114721
25/02/10 1 5 4 4 This was my first visit and Dr. Barngrover was great (as first visits go), but her front office lady is COMPLETELY DEFENSIVE. I verified my benefits and copapy BEFORE I saw the Dr. ($15 copay) When leaving, I was told my copay was $30. When I questioned the charge, the front office lady was VERY short with me and said "NO, it's thirty--we're a specialist". I said, ok and paid it. I returned home and called the ins. comp. They said my copay with my particular plan is $15. I called the Dr.s office back and front office lady was then downright HATEFUL. I told her that I was simply trying to understand where the miscommunication is occuring. She chided the ins. comp. and me. and said they'd waive my copay and then I'd see that it was $30 when the EOB comes through. SO RUDE -- won't return because of FRONT OFFICE STAFF!
Insurance: CIGNA
Paid (or co-pay): $30
RID: 962485
13/08/09 5 5 5 5 Very kind and understanding. Outstanding help for my child with Asperger's Syndrome and our family. I recommend her often.  Respond