Rate Dr. Susan F. Barngrover

Dr. Susan F. Barngrover's Ratings

I had her as my phychologist and I told her that I was suicidal. Her response was that (she informed me) I wasn't really suicidal and she didn't recommend that I go anywhere else, did not recommend that I see a phychiatrist, and did not believe that I was suicidal. She is a very poor doctor. I ended up in the hospital after seeing a different doctor because I knew that I was suicidal.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2546380].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 22, 2014

Staff is neutral as there wasn't any there. I am impressed with her level of knowledge and the fact that I could communicate so easily with her. She didn't just sit and listen, she would support, challenge, and offer suggestions to help me move along.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][754879].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 11, 2013

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][754880].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 28, 2012

Susan Barngrover, Ph.D. is an exceptionally skilled Psychologist, but she is not licensed to prescribe medication. She works closely with with many Psychiatrists and MD's and is very highly regarded by area mental health practioners. She is quite knowledeable of psychotropic medications, but because of Missouri Law she cannot prescribe. Extremely knowledgeable and very caring and compassonate. I highly recommend her.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][754878].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 27, 2011

Susan is very compassionate. She keeps up to date on medicines & has been helpful to me in working with my physician to tweek or improve my medications as I continue to deal with mental health issues related to a major chronic illness. She has experiance with many type of patients. I've spent over 3 years with her. Her theraputic support has been wonderful. The woman who works the front desk is nice, but very direct.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][754877].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 28, 2011

Is very adaptable based on my level of need. Meets people where they are at and moves them forward patiently while productively.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][754876].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 4, 2011

I go in the afternoon and there is no front desk person. Staff is directed at Dr. Barngrover

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][754875].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 9, 2011

This was my first visit and Dr. Barngrover was great (as first visits go), but her front office lady is COMPLETELY DEFENSIVE. I verified my benefits and copapy BEFORE I saw the Dr. ($15 copay) When leaving, I was told my copay was $30. When I questioned the charge, the front office lady was VERY short with me and said "NO, it's thirty--we're a specialist". I said, ok and paid it. I returned home and called the ins. comp. They said my copay with my particular plan is $15. I called the Dr.s office back and front office lady was then downright HATEFUL. I told her that I was simply trying to understand where the miscommunication is occuring. She chided the ins. comp. and me. and said they'd waive my copay and then I'd see that it was $30 when the EOB comes through. SO RUDE -- won't return because of FRONT OFFICE STAFF!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][754874].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 25, 2010

Very kind and understanding. Outstanding help for my child with Asperger's Syndrome and our family. I recommend her often.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][754873].votes_count ]]