Rate Dr. Stephen A. Ruhlman

Dr. Stephen A. Ruhlman's Ratings

I have to assume he is money hungry greedy capitalist. No computer records. No debit or credit card. Dirty office. Only uses a fax machine. Over schedules. A hassle from beginning to end. Had to be there 15 minutes early. Normal. After all the trouble getting my records to him he is 45 to 60 minutes late. After a 30 minute wait I left and said I would reschedule. He wouldn't reschedule. Shredded my documents. A real pain. Why do so many doctors over schedule? More people need to stand up and say enough. Most businesses would not stay in business treating their clients this way. Doctors are not God.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2421031].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 19, 2014

Great Dr. Listens and is compassionate. Communicates with my other Drs with letters and test results. I would suggest him for anyone with joint pain. He gives me cortizone injections when appropriate and tells me if he cannot do anything else for me. He has recommended physical therapy and topical medications.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][755359].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 6, 2013

He and his staff were professional, kind, thorough, he took lots of notes, didn't rush me, and his sense of humor put me at ease. Outstanding in every way, both staff and doctor. Would highly recommend. Understands and repects those of us with fibromyalgia which is rare to find.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][755358].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 3, 2013

I had been to the dr before and one time I was preg so he did nothing-ok no big deal.Then I went again and he just wanted to cont.the meds my other dr.had me on.Ok that was a couple yrs ago and I havent got relief from my fibro,so i decided to give him another chance since a friend had success with him.He told me that I had tried all the good meds for fibro and that he did not feel he would be able to help, especially long term.He gave me a RX for an anti convulsive med (which he said I had already tried all the good ones and he didnt think this would work but it was all he had and an NSAI (it is kind of like Ibuprofen or Aleve). I had already been on a few NSAI that were RX that didnt work so no sure why he gave me that one.He said the NSAI would take at least a week to help and the other a month or so. I asked if he could give me something in the mean time and referred me back to the dr. that couldnt help me in the 1st place. all in all he was very negative and gave me no hope.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][755357].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 4, 2013

Dr. Ruhlman was patient with me. I was in a lot of pain, and I didnt want narcotics, so he is working with me to get my pain undercontrol other ways, physical therapy, motrin and some other meds. He also took his time with me as I was a little late to my appointment, he did not rush me. He took lots of notes, and read over my history. He is a really good dr. I would recommend him to anyone. Matter of fact one of my customers at work is going to see him. I told her he is worth it.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][755356].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 3, 2012

Dr. Ruhlman was knowledgable, helpful, patient, listened, took notes, reviewed documentation provided, gave a thorough exam, and suggested exercises to try first and no medications were prescribed at this point. After results of bloodwork, a 6 month re-check was scheduled.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][755355].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 17, 2011

Dr. Ruhlman listens and takes lots of notes from the info you give. He seems to only want to prescribe medicine. He has never discussed how to help the problem without medicine. He gets kick back from medicine he prescribes.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][755354].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 25, 2011

good doctor, patient, time for you, very knowledgable

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][755353].votes_count ]]