Dr. Mary Lee Rivera-Casamento

Grad. Year:

Answers Email: N
Online Appt. Scheduling: N
Accepting New Patients:Y

Profile updated 11/01/06    Submit profile update    Subscribe to profile updates

Rating: 4.4 out of 5 (5 is best), based on 22 reviews. Dr. Mary Lee Rivera-Casamento has a good overall rating on RateMDs.com. smile

New! - Questions and answers about this doctor

The following ratings and comments have not been substantiated by RateMDs.com.
Date Staff Punctual Helpful Knowledge Review Comments
RID: 1503369
03/08/11 5 5 5 5 Dr.Rivera is the best doctor you will find. I have had dealings with many OBGYN and she was amazing. She delivered my first baby by c-section, she made me feel very relaxed and comforted throughout my pregnancy and birth. She listened to every worry I had and answered every question. My scar is barely visible an expert surgeon.She is very professional at all times. Post pregnancy she was very caring and attentive,her interns in the hospital like Dr. Mathews were a credit to her also. Michelle her assistant is one of a kind and extremely helpful with everything. I can not recommend Dr. Rivera and her staff highly enough. She is fantastic. I hope to have all my children with her even if I have to change my insurance to ensure this happens i will. :)AM McCreesh
RID: 1405841
04/04/11 5 5 5 5 Dr. Rivera was recommended to me by 3 different women. That reputation counts for something. She is very easy to talk to, gives you all the information in a clear manner. Listens to your questions and is always giving you the most thorough answers. She delivered my first child and has helped me through 4 miscarriages. Always helping me stay positive, even when I was ready to throw in the towel, is now getting prepared to deliver my next child. I would recommend her a hundred times over. (Along with her trusty right hand Michelle). I would never think of going anywhere else.
RID: 1292160
12/11/10 5 5 5 5 I have been seeing Dr. Rivera Casamento for years and I am sad to hear she no longer takes my insurance. She has been absolutely amazing to my needs, every time I call with questions they get answered and if I needed to see her she would welcome me right away, making me feel comfortable and at ease from all my worries. Michelle her assistant does not stay behind, she is the sweetest assistant I have ever encountered. Every time I called she immediately was able to help me. I will truly miss them and I hope that one day I will have the insurance that they accept. I highly recommend her. Betsy
RID: 1228238
13/08/10 1 1 1 1 Dr Rivera-Casamento was rushed, harried, and unhelpful. She would not prescribe the birth control I asked for, and insisted I continue using a method that I hate. Worse, she had to perform a biopsy on me, and though she said it would be painless, it was traumatic and terrible. (Just be honest in the future, please!) Without consulting me, her staff sent my specimen to a lab not covered by my insurance, and I was hit with thousands of dollars in bills. After all that, it turns out she collected the specimen improperly, so the results were inconclusive. Her staff called nearly 8 months later to tell me I had to repeat the test. I did so elsewhere.
RID: 1177272
26/05/10 5 5 5 5 Dr. Rivera helped us through our first pregnancy and helped us navigate our choices of additional prenatal testing after our daughter was found to have an abnormailty. She is the type of Dr. who will take the time to talk to your dentist about the type of novicaine they can use while you are pregnant or to your general practioner about the types of allergy medication you should use. I have had situations where I have needed emergency scans and evaluations and Michelle in her office is excellent at helping patients get the next available appointment. We moved away from the city after our first child and commute in to see Dr. Rivera. She is the kind of doctor you want helping you make informed decisions. I cannot speak more highly of her!
RID: 1173279
20/05/10 5 5 5 5 A visit to this doctor's office is like a Sunday morning in church. If you like church you'll love her!
RID: 1151118
16/04/10 5 4 5 5 I have been with Dr.Rivera for approximately 20 years & absolutely love her!  Respond
RID: 1148224
13/04/10 2 5 1 1 Dr. Rivera is a very cold, rigid, and inflexible individual. She holds an agressive approach and does not show any regard or respect toward the patients requests or wishes. Very brusque and rushes you out of her office. Also, she does not like to be questioned about her procedures and expects her patients to do as they are told. Do not recommend her to anyone.  Respond
RID: 880245
06/05/09 3 3 3 4 While Dr. Riversa is pleasant, she made me feel like a number that needed to be seen then rushed out of the office so the next number could come in. She never asked me a personal question other than for my medical history over the 2 years I went to her. Also, I felt that my questions were not welcomed as the answers were always rushed and cool. It's important to note that I usually made apts. during my lunch hour so I had little time to spend there myself, but she made me feel even more rushed. Over those 2 years, no personal relationship was ever formed. That's not the type of doctor I want at my side despite her intelligence and punctuality.
Insurance: Aetna
RID: 849541
01/04/09 4 4 5 5 Dr. Rivera is the best and incredibly smart - I appreciate how she stays informed. She got me through all 3 of my pregnancies. I recommend her to everyone.  Respond
RID: 841755
25/03/09 5 5 5 5 Insurance covered most costs - this doctor is amazing. She has an excellent bedside manner and is extremely accomplished and knowledgeable. I felt like I had the best care possible with her.
RID: 829693
14/03/09 5 5 5 5 The best! Simply the best. I had a high risk pregnancy and she was very detailed. I could not have done it without her. We were in great hands! My husband and I felt extremely confident and comfortable. Her bedside manners are expectional and a model for every doctor. Thanks you, Dr Rivera -Casamento for being so commited.
Insurance: United Healthcare
RID: 785661
09/02/09 5 4 5 5 I have recently moved away from New York and I'm extremely disappointed that I'm not longer going to be able to have Dr. Rivera-Casamento as my gynecologist. Unlike my prior gyno, she actually listened to me, was clearly very intelligent and wasn't condescending. I actually looked forward to my appointments with her and hope that I'm able to find a new doctor in DC who is half as great as she is! I have absolutely no reservations in recommending her.
RID: 722238
14/11/08 5 5 5 5 I found Dr.Rivera as my 2nd opinion Dr when I found out that I was pregnant w/triplets.My first Dr told me that the risk were way to high and I should reduce ASAP. Dr.Rivera calmly told me the facts & discussed my risk factors with me and my husband in a non-condescending, layperson way that was clear and easy to understand . Together we brought three beautiful, healthy babies into the world on 12/23/01. When I went into labor, Dr.Rivera postponed her holiday plans by a day to deliver my triplets. She has since helped me through the physical and psychological pain of a miscarriage, and delivered my fifth child on 2/2/06. She is the best Dr.that I have ever seen,and would recommend her to anyone.
RID: 719787
11/11/08 5 5 5 5 Finding this doctor was like finding a diamond in the sand. She is very professional & knowledgeable.I felt completely at ease with her.she gets to the point without any hesitation and answered all my questions in the same manner.Going to the GYN has always been a "nervy" thing for me but I'm happy to say NOT ANYMORE IT'S NOT!
RID: 435100
26/10/07 5 5 5 5 Dr. Rivera-Casamento is the ONLY Dr. I trust. She is thorough, interested & extremely knowledgeable. Delivered my 3 children herself and I traveled over a hundred miles for the last one, because I knew I was in the best hands. Her office staff is top-nothc and efficient.
Insurance: Aetna
RID: 432191
21/10/07 5 2 4 5 She is extremely knowledgeable but her responses need to be promted. Therefore, as long as you come with a list of questions and concerns, you know you will receive excellent knowledge in return. If you do not have any, the information is not usually offered. She is, most importantly, extremely promt at making appointments in an emergency, or possible emergency.  Respond
RID: 78465
10/01/07 4 5 5 Absolutely wonderful. She puts my worries to rest because she always calls me back, even if I have seemingly trivial concerns. Unlike other doctors, she devotes a good amount of time to my questions.  Respond
RID: 65084
06/12/06 5 5 5 Wonderful and supportive, knowledeable and concerned - I am well past having children and she is very helpful and easy to talk with.
RID: 56222
14/11/06 3 5 5 She was very knowledgeable and sincere. I would recommend her to my friends for a reassuring delivery experience.
RID: 51784
21/10/06 3 2 2 She was very brusque and never followed up. She also didn't listen to me and couldn't think outside the box. After the frustration of dealing with her office manager and having to follow up no everything myself, I went elsewhere. Had she listened to me, a simple prescription would have fixed my problem... but she never listened and I had months of unnecessary trouble.  Respond
RID: 20746
11/01/06 4 5 5 have recommended her to all my friends - down to earth, straight forward, complete explanations, delivers all her patients babies herself