Dr. Mary Lee Rivera-Casamento

Rate Dr. Mary Lee Rivera-Casamento

Dr. Mary Lee Rivera-Casamento's Ratings

This is the first time I'm writing a review for a doctor of any kind. I was under Dr. Rivera-Casamento's care during my first pregnancy and delivery. I have nothing but utmost respect and highest praises. I've worked at, and have been a patient at other top hospitals with a group practice, and after my experience with Dr. Rivera-Casamento and her office manager Michelle, I will never go back. She took a conservative approach during my pregnancy given my age and fertility history, but I remained super active (running, bootcamps etc... until 41 weeks) with no issues. My labor wasn't a breeze but I solely credit Dr. Rivera's skills, experience and patience for bringing daughter safely into this world. I absolutely, absolutely with every inch of instinct and heart, love and recommend Dr. Rivera.

Submitted Aug. 1, 2014 | flag

Dr.Rivera is the best doctor you will find. I have had dealings with many OBGYN and she was amazing. She delivered my first baby by c-section, she made me feel very relaxed and comforted throughout my pregnancy and birth. She listened to every worry I had and answered every question. My scar is barely visible an expert surgeon.She is very professional at all times. Post pregnancy she was very caring and attentive,her interns in the hospital like Dr. Mathews were a credit to her also. Michelle her assistant is one of a kind and extremely helpful with everything. I can not recommend Dr. Rivera and her staff highly enough. She is fantastic. I hope to have all my children with her even if I have to change my insurance to ensure this happens i will. :)AM McCreesh

Submitted Aug. 3, 2011 | flag

Dr. Rivera was recommended to me by 3 different women. That reputation counts for something. She is very easy to talk to, gives you all the information in a clear manner. Listens to your questions and is always giving you the most thorough answers. She delivered my first child and has helped me through 4 miscarriages. Always helping me stay positive, even when I was ready to throw in the towel, is now getting prepared to deliver my next child. I would recommend her a hundred times over. (Along with her trusty right hand Michelle). I would never think of going anywhere else.

Submitted April 4, 2011 | flag

I have been seeing Dr. Rivera Casamento for years and I am sad to hear she no longer takes my insurance. She has been absolutely amazing to my needs, every time I call with questions they get answered and if I needed to see her she would welcome me right away, making me feel comfortable and at ease from all my worries. Michelle her assistant does not stay behind, she is the sweetest assistant I have ever encountered. Every time I called she immediately was able to help me. I will truly miss them and I hope that one day I will have the insurance that they accept. I highly recommend her. Betsy

Submitted Nov. 12, 2010 | flag

Dr Rivera-Casamento was rushed, harried, and unhelpful. She would not prescribe the birth control I asked for, and insisted I continue using a method that I hate. Worse, she had to perform a biopsy on me, and though she said it would be painless, it was traumatic and terrible. (Just be honest in the future, please!) Without consulting me, her staff sent my specimen to a lab not covered by my insurance, and I was hit with thousands of dollars in bills. After all that, it turns out she collected the specimen improperly, so the results were inconclusive. Her staff called nearly 8 months later to tell me I had to repeat the test. I did so elsewhere.

Submitted Aug. 13, 2010 | flag

Dr. Rivera helped us through our first pregnancy and helped us navigate our choices of additional prenatal testing after our daughter was found to have an abnormailty. She is the type of Dr. who will take the time to talk to your dentist about the type of novicaine they can use while you are pregnant or to your general practioner about the types of allergy medication you should use. I have had situations where I have needed emergency scans and evaluations and Michelle in her office is excellent at helping patients get the next available appointment. We moved away from the city after our first child and commute in to see Dr. Rivera. She is the kind of doctor you want helping you make informed decisions. I cannot speak more highly of her!

Submitted May 26, 2010 | flag

A visit to this doctor's office is like a Sunday morning in church. If you like church you'll love her!

Submitted May 20, 2010 | flag

I have been with Dr.Rivera for approximately 20 years & absolutely love her!

Submitted April 16, 2010 | flag

Dr. Rivera is a very cold, rigid, and inflexible individual. She holds an agressive approach and does not show any regard or respect toward the patients requests or wishes. Very brusque and rushes you out of her office. Also, she does not like to be questioned about her procedures and expects her patients to do as they are told. Do not recommend her to anyone.

Submitted April 13, 2010 | flag

While Dr. Riversa is pleasant, she made me feel like a number that needed to be seen then rushed out of the office so the next number could come in. She never asked me a personal question other than for my medical history over the 2 years I went to her. Also, I felt that my questions were not welcomed as the answers were always rushed and cool. It's important to note that I usually made apts. during my lunch hour so I had little time to spend there myself, but she made me feel even more rushed. Over those 2 years, no personal relationship was ever formed. That's not the type of doctor I want at my side despite her intelligence and punctuality.

Submitted May 6, 2009 | flag