Dr. Howard R. Egre

Grad. Year: 1989

Answers Email: N
Online Appt. Scheduling: N
Accepting New Patients:Y

Rating: 3.7 out of 5 (5 is best), based on 16 reviews. Dr. Howard R. Egre has a good overall rating on RateMDs.com. smile

New! - Questions and answers about this doctor

The following ratings and comments have not been substantiated by RateMDs.com.
Date Staff Punctual Helpful Knowledge Review Comments
RID: 3618726
25/11/13 2 3 4 5 Dr. Egre is very up on new procedures and laparoscopic surgery. I've been with him since BEFORE he was in his own practice at another office about 22 years. He delivered all of my kids. Dr. KLEIN ISNT THAT knowledgable and I almost had an issue in delivery room with Dr. Klein until the nurses at Good Sam told him to call Dr. Egre. Dr. Egre's bedside manner used to be better and depending on what day you booked an appointment with him and sometimes I do not like his pompous attitude and he's actually not listening to you but repeats what he just said without concern. Bottom line is he is a good doctor and knows what he needs to do. I like that he is up on all new procedures.  Respond
RID: 2625733

24/04/13 1 1 2 2 This office is terrible. The staff is extremely rude and unhelpful. I went to this Dr. for a quick appointment because i was concerned with have complications with my pregnancy. They were the only place that I could find with an availability. That should have been my first warning sign. I saw dr. Egre and he sent me for labs. He didnt want to perform an ultrasound until i got my results back in case I was too early in the pregnancy for the ultrasound. This made a lot of sense. Then he scheduled a follow up for the next day, when dr. Klein was working. The blood results werent back yet BUT they performed the ultrasound anyway!!! The following day, I have spotting and cramping. I called to speak to the Dr. about my concerns and the receptionist wouldnt let me talk to him. They kept telling me that it was OK, but when I asked to speak to the DR., or if he was available, they wouldnt let me talk to him. Dr. Egre may be ok, but everyone else there is terrible. Especially the rude staff.
Paid (or co-pay): $20
RID: 2617780
15/04/13 5 5 5 5 Dr. Egre never triple books appointments, as he says, he doesn't like to wait in Doctor' offices, so he doesn't want his patients too. It has been at least 10 years I have been going to him and have never had to wait more than ten minutes. He has preformed two surgeries on me with great results. I wouldn't go to anyone else. He explains everything, takes his time answering questions and is very nice besides. Overall a very good Doctor.
Insurance: CIGNA
RID: 2338636

08/07/12 1 5 1 1 I think I had either Oxford or BCBS at the time....I was a satisfied patient of Dr Klein's for many years and required ambulatory surgery. Dr Klein informed me that I would need to pay $300 to have Dr Egre assist in the surgery instead of any random surgeon, I was fine with that. I innocently assumed they would bill me as the office never once asked me for payment. The staff decided to call me at work at almost 9pm the night before my surgery to inform me that they expected me to drive to the office with a check right then to pay them before the surgery. As a nurse on duty, I could not leave my job to do that. Dr Egre then asked me for the check while I was hooked to an IV in pre op in a gown waiting for surgery. I found that unethical. I trusted Dr Klien but I stopped seeing him after many years due to that incident. The office had also routinely mailed me advertisements about his brother's legal services too. I find that extremely tacky.
Paid (or co-pay): $300
RID: 1716767
18/02/12 5 5 5 5 He is the best doctor! He saved my life and my twins lives! He delivered my 3 children. Is compassionate, caring and attentive to his patients! Highly recommend him and Dr. Klein!
Insurance: Oxford
RID: 1510443
11/08/11 5 5 5 5 Been it many doctors no body was able to help. He was. Superberb knowledge. Never rushed and took the time to talk with me.
Paid (or co-pay): $150
RID: 1398133
26/03/11 5 5 4 5 Had a wonderful experience with Dr. as well as staff. Felt that I was listened to and understood. I will recommend Dr. Egre to friends and family. Dr. was able to provide me with excellent advice allowing me to maintain my good health.
Insurance: GHI
Paid (or co-pay): $15
RID: 1188432
13/06/10 1 5 1 1 At my last exam, he told me as he was taking his gloves off that I had a little bleeding from the exam. However, when I stood, I found that blood was running down my legs, was on the exam table, the floor and my clothes. I wiped up using a paper towel as best I could and stuffed my undies with paper towels, b/c he wasn't considerate enough to even offer me any other solution. I was mortified at having to tell the nurse I'd bled all over (b/c she was leading another patient back w/o checking the room first). Then I tried to call for blood work results. What a joke. They were as obnoxious as could be b/c my chart was in a diff. office and not at all helpful in telling me how I could get them. I felt like a second class citizen b/c I was not at their primary office. Bottom line, after a bunch of calls and left messages, I NEVER received a phone call back. After ten years at that practice, I will not be returning.
Paid (or co-pay): $300
RID: 1160014
29/04/10 5 4 5 5 I have been with Dr. Egre's group for almost 16 years and he always gives a breast exam so IDK what the other person is talking about. If there was something wrong with my results, he always called and made time to see me even if it were not convenient with the office schedule. His office staff is professional and accommodating. With one pregnancy I was NOT being treated well after hours at Good Sam and one phone call to him changed it all. He doesn't work just 9 to 5, he is always there if you need him or his partner Dr. Klein. I think if you look at how you are treated elsewhere you will KNOW that he is a great doctor who geniunely cares about his patients. If they are running late, it is probably because the patient before you needed more time. Dr. Egre delivered 2 out of 3 children for me and if I could have 3 more I would but he noticed that I could not really handle anymore pregnancies and explained in detail the reasons why and I have NO DOUBT, he was right.
Insurance: Blue Cross / Blue Shield
RID: 1062256
22/12/09 5 5 5 5 After an awful experience with my last obgyn this dr is a breath of fresh air... They do not expect ob patients to wait and if they are running behind they will call and ask if you can come in later or if you want to reshedule.... they are also very realistic... my last ob had me running to every specialist in the book (in one pregnancy i saw 8 specialists including a cardiologist, pulmonologist, electrophysiologist.... and the list goes on). After the 8th time being pushed onto a specialist i called my gp and he confirmed my suspicions that is was all alittle unneccesary...
Insurance: HIP
RID: 894711
22/05/09 4 5 4 4 Last year I said it would be the last year to see Dr.Egre but I gave in and gave him another shot this year. Now I will definitely seek a new OBGYN. I have had it with him. I had a halo Mammo on a Wednesday and he said he would call me with the results either Monday or Tuesday. I had to call back twice and was promised that he would call on Wed.with the results. He never called. I called the following Monday and was told by one of the receptionists that my results were initialed by Dr.Egre and all looks okay. Dr.Egre did not even have the decency to call me himself. I doubt that my test was even sent to a lab. I think they just pocketed my money and that was it. I am thru with Dr.Egre. My life is more important than staying with that quack.
RID: 708035
23/10/08 4 4 1 2 Terriable Experince with both my mom and I. He told my mom she had 6 months to live if she didnt have surgery to remove BOTH her ovaries for 2 cysts that were only on her LEFT ovary. My mom sought other opinions and all of them felt his tatic were unprofessional (to worry her so much, and basiacally scare her in to havig surgery) and agressive in treatment. My mom is alive (1 year later) and very happy with our new OBGYN.  Respond
RID: 483300
14/01/08 2 3 1 2 I had a very completely different experience. Been seeing the group for 3 years. They have never given a breast exam during a yearly check-up (I am 32 years old) and have always been given one by my other OB/GYN. After I gave birth, my post exam was a joke. Dr. Egre asked how I was feeling and that was it. He didnt even see if my uterus contracted back. That seemed criminal. I also find him to have extremely poor bedside manner almost to the point of being disgruntel. I feel like this practice has a medical book of guidelines and they follow the least that we have to do. I don't know I am just a regular gyno patient- maybe Dr. Egre likes the patients that have "issues" and are more interesting to solve. I would never recommend this practice.
RID: 46981
23/09/06 5 5 5 DR. EGRE IS A TRUE PROFESSIONAL. HE HAS BEEN MY GYN FOR 10 YEARS PLUS AND PRAY THAT HE WILL BE MY "O.B." SOMEDAY SOON. I CANNOT BEGIN TO RATE HIM ON THIS EVALUATION OTHER THAN "OUTSTANDING". I WOULD NOT EVEN CONSIDER A "FEMALE" GYN BEFORE HIM. I HAVE SUFFERED A SEVERE SPINAL CORD INJURY SINCE MY FIRST VISIT WITH HIM AND HE CONTINUED TO ENSURE ME THAT I COULD BE A REAL "MOM". THERE IS NO REPLACING THAT! AFTER THE AGE OF 40, THE FIRST FACE I WANT TO SEE WHEN MY CHILD IS BORN IS DR. EGRE'S!, THEN MY HUSBAND'S!!!  Respond
RID: 32975
21/06/06 5 5 5 Can't say enough about him and his partner Klein. I used as OB. Very, very knowledgable and caring. Both are very empathetic. Staff is terrific as well.
Insurance: Oxford
RID: 20732
11/01/06 5 4 5 He is a good gynecologist, obstetrician. Very up on new techniques and laparoscopic surgery. His bedside manner used to be better years ago. Very knowledgeable and helpful. Needs to understand that patients have questions, even though he goes through the same questions and answers everyday.  Respond