You may also like

Rate Dr. Toni M. MURPHY

Dr. Toni M. MURPHY's Ratings

Dr Toni Murphy is a excellent doctor. Our son has a very rare endocrine disorder that she diagnosed immediately after taking his patient history. When contacting the office late on a Friday afternoon, SHE answered the phone. Dr. Murphy is a an excellent endocrinologist. She is beyond knowledgeable in her field. She is a no nonsense doctor. If a patient is compliant and does as directed, you will have amazing results. She is direct, kind and defines excellence.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2815920].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 23, 2015

My experience as a new PT has been horrible. I understand that this Dr is a specialist and it can take a while to get in for an appointment in which I waited for over four months, which is fine. My wait time was fifteen minutes. The staff were friendly to me. The only real issue is hearing back from anybody. I was told I would receive a call and have heard nothing. I have contacted the office more than enough times to receive a response back regarding my lab work. I had my bloodwork done in the beginning of April it is now nearing the end of May and.. nothing. The point of me going to the Dr was to get some answers not to get bloodwork done and wait for an appointment for four months and never hear from anybody again. All in all I would never recommend this office to anybody and will not be wasting my time any longer. Two thumbs down!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2811161].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 19, 2015

I have been a pt. of Dr.Murphy for about 3 years, I apparently scheduled an appt. for a recheck last June 2013 for this June 2014, and did not receive a courtesy phone call to notify me of my appt. I have NEVER miss a Dr. appt ever and now I am being charged 25 dollars. I am furious, I called billing to see if they could wave it after not receiving courtesy call and was told the calls are ONLY COURTESY, THEY DONT HAVE TO DO THEM...hahah well apparently they are selective, I never received one. Also, for my June 2013 appt. I DID NOT SEE DR. MURPHY, I was seen by someone else who does not know her thyroid research, she informed me that memory and brain fog have NOTHING TO DO WITH THYROID....Thank you I will be taking my business elsewhere and I recommend you do the same

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2462288].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 2, 2014

I was very impressed with Dr. Spinaris. This was my first visit with her after trying a different Endocrinologist I wasn't happy with. I waited only 5 min., and both the NP and Dr. Spinaris took their time getting my history and complaints. They went over previous blood work and test results with me, and started me on the medication I needed. I feel very confident with my new doctor.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2037029].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 25, 2011

Told me I had a 'clotting disorder' that could have killed me after my last baby. When I brought this up to my primary he didn't know what I was talking about.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2037031].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 16, 2011

I HAD DR SPINARIS AS MY ENDROCRINOLOGIST WHILE I WAS ILL. SHE WAS TREATING ME FOR HIGH BLOOD SUGAR IN THE 200 TO 400 RANGE,SHE PUT ME ON INSULIN WHICH WAS NOT WORKING, SHE KEPT INCREASEING THE AMOUNT OF INSULIN I WAS TAKING, I WAS UP TO 250 UNITS A DAY MY SUGAR WAS STILL IN THE HIGH 300 RANGE AND I WOKE UP EVERY MORNING WITH AN INSULIN HANGOVER, SHE KEPT INSISTING I NEEDED MORE INSULIN. BUT I FELT SO CRSAPPY I REFUSED TO TAKE ANYMORE I DID RESEARCH ON THE INTERNET AND THOUGHT I MAY HAVE AN ADRENAL TUMOR I TOLD HER I WANTED TO BE TESTED FOR THAT,SHE SAID I DIDNT BUT AFTER I INSISTED AGAIN AND AGAIN I FINALLY GOT THE TEST. GUESS WHAT I HAD AN ADRENAL TUMOR,SHE PUT ME ON SPIROLACTONE I GREW BREASTS LIKE A WOMAN AND MY BLOOD PRESSURE WENT TO OVER 240/170, I FINALLY FOUND A REAL DOCTOR DR STEVEN GOODENOUGH WHO TOLD ME I NEEDED MY ADRENAL GLAND REMOVED, DR SPINARIS NEVER EVEN GAVE ME TEST RESULTS HAD TO PRY IT FROM HER. SURGEONS AT BUFFALO GENERAL SAID IT WAS A MIRACLE SHE DIDNT KILL ME.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2037028].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 19, 2011

I know that Dr. Spinaris is a specialist and probably see's a lot of people and is busy. She really needs then to get a more professional staff that actually returns your calls and have a office that is more organized.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2037008].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 2, 2010

Waited 1 hr. 45 min! Once in office I was there 6 min. Beleive me...she isn't worth the wait!!

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2037027].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 13, 2010

The worst specialist I have seen. The wait time for a new appt. was 6 mo. At the first appt. I sat in the waiting room for 2 hrs before being called in. When I was called in the NP saw me quickly and sent in Dr. Spinaris (DO). She spent very little time with me and asked me to schedule another appt. At my 2nd appt. I waited 90 minutes in the waiting room and another 30 minutes for the NP to come to my room. These wait times would have been acceptable if the front desk staff was courteous (absolutely not), their waiting area was pleasant (no), or if Dr. Spinaris was helpful in designing a treatment plan. Further, they never called regarding an important test result and the NP said "Oh, they should have. It must have been placed in the wrong pile." This was 2 months later. I've tried to obtain my records three times now over the past 2 months to no avail. Terrible.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2037026].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 13, 2009

Buffalo Endocrinology is a specialist office - there are so few in the area.. hence the wait to get in is long. Also specialists spend time with their patients that is why the wait time in the waiting room may be an hour+. Dr. Spinaris is extremely knowledgable and blunt. If you don't want to hear the truth, I suggest you don't see her.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2037025].votes_count ]]