Rate Dr. Stephen E. Glinick

Dr. Stephen E. Glinick's Ratings

I didn't like this doctor all. He has a horrible bedside mannor and made me feel very unconfortable.

Submitted Oct. 18, 2010 | flag

I agree with those who say you need to understand Dr. Glinick's humor. The first time I saw him, I was very intimidated and put off by his manner. The next time I took it differently. I have been going there for years now. He is very funny! Very dry sense of humor. I really like seeing him. I have had skin cancer 3 times and feel very good about his knowledge and care.

Submitted July 20, 2009 | flag

He knows his stuff. Nice guy, he kids around , you have to understand his humor. He's well known and people go to him because he's good. If you have a derm problem he'll take care of it for you.

Submitted May 8, 2009 | flag

I have been a patient of Dr. Glinick's for many years.He has always been very competent (in fact when another dermatologist mistakenly diagnosed acne and placed me on Accutane - a very powerful drug. I subsequently went to Dr. Glinick who immediately/correctly diagnosed my condition as a staph infection (quite serious, esp. when one works in a hospital)and provided me with appropriate medication. He always spends ample time discussing problem/solution(s)/prescribed medication/treatment(s), etc. In response to two previous comments: 1) I also have olive skin and am vigilant about protecting my skin.Dr. Glinick always provides me with the latest medical information pertaining to sun protection (his wife, Dr. Welch, has even been on the local news promoting the importance of sun protection). 2) Re: bedside manner - Dr. Glinick has a very dry sense of humor which was possibly misinterpreted. I (and friends/family) have always found him to be quite professional/caring/friendly/humorous.

Submitted July 24, 2007 | flag

Outstanding physician. Compassionate and caring. Explains things well

Submitted April 26, 2007 | flag

Terrible bedside manner. Very condescending. Basically made me feel like an idiot for even being in his office, since I have olive colored skin...thus I should not be concerned about skin cancer! But he supposedly has a good reputation, which is why I chose him. I would not go back.

Submitted June 18, 2006 | flag

Worst bedside manner. If you can handle his cryptic responses to your questions, he otherwise seems pretty competent. He did a good job removing a skin cancer from my arm. But if you're looking for someone who thoughtfully and helpfully answers your questions without making you feel like an idiot, go elsewhere. It also takes a long time to get appointments.

Submitted Jan. 8, 2006 | flag