Rate Dr. Julie C. Dohr

Dr. Julie C. Dohr's Ratings

Dr. Dohr despite knowing that there is an on-going history of polyps, doesn't use any additional lighting during the annual exam to look around for new growths or polyps. There is no exam light present nor used in the exam room. The room is a darker room with regular room lighting. The exam is not thorough. On another follow-up visit, with repeated requests from me to the doctor and staff for anything I needed to prepare for, the answer was "no". I arrived and they told me to do a pregnancy test before the procedure. I had just voided my bladder before-hand. I asked for water and they gave me a dixie cup. I waited some more and as the doctor walked past my door, she told the nurse almost verbatim "If she doesn't doesn't do the pee test soon, I'll have to catheter her.". Stunning and pretty barbaric considering she nor her office told me to prepare for a urine/pregnancy test, even when I asked. This is what the doctor says about her patients when she thinks you can't hear.

Submitted Sept. 16, 2013 | flag

Doc Julie is wonderful and have been thru surgery with fibroids and put me at ease, very skillful and I trust her. I heard negative reviews and we all have our day. She knows her business and I wouldn't go to anyone else! We laughed a lot and yes, she's busy but how long do you want to spend in a doctors office?? Next time, have your questions ready to go or ask the nurses when you call.

Submitted Nov. 15, 2012 | flag

Dr. Dohr delivered our baby boy recently and, even though he was an emergency cesarean, she broke the news about the recommendation with the utmost sensitivity and concern. She is very professional, personable, and has a friendly and positive demeanor. We felt very lucky that she was the one on call when the day came as she put us at ease for what could have been a scary situation otherwise. The operation was a smooth as can be and now mommy and baby are doing great!

Submitted March 1, 2012 | flag

Dr. Dohr is the best doctor I think I have every seen. She is amazing and very kind and can easly put you at ease even when it is bad news. I would recommend her to everyone I know.

Submitted Sept. 27, 2011 | flag

Dr. Dohr is by far my favorite OB/GYN as well as my favorite doctor of any I've been to. She has the nicest manner & answers all my questions completely. I would recommend her to everyone! Also the practice she works out of is beautiful and they're very organized!

Submitted Aug. 19, 2011 | flag

Dr Dohr is wonderful! She is super easy to talk to and was a skillful surgeon during a surgery I had to have. Normally do not have to wait, the office tends to run on time.

Submitted Aug. 15, 2011 | flag

A wonderful, caring, straightforward doctor. I've been going to her for years, with and without insurance, and she and her staff are helpful, professional, and make me feel comfortable every time I visit. I normally hate going to doctors, but she makes my yearly checkup easy.

Submitted April 2, 2011 | flag

Barrington IL has many crappy doctors, but Julie is incredible. I've gone to many OBGs in this town and this is, without doubt, the best practice of all. My favorite OBG ever. Quite a beautiful woman as well.

Submitted June 2, 2010 | flag

She is a very good doc but to get an appointment, it is very difficult. Answers Q's very well. But since it is a group, she did not come for my delivery. I wish she did.Did the ultra sounds very well and was very helpful.

Submitted Sept. 14, 2009 | flag

Julie Dohr is the best! She is very personable, always takes the time to address all of my concerns, and always goes the extra mile. I would highly recommend her!

Submitted Jan. 29, 2009 | flag