Dr. Mark P. Madden

Grad. Year: 1984

Answers Email: N
Online Appt. Scheduling: N
Accepting New Patients:Y

Profile updated 31/05/12    Submit profile update    Subscribe to profile updates

Rating: 4.2 out of 5 (5 is best), based on 12 reviews. Dr. Mark P. Madden has a good overall rating on RateMDs.com. smile

New! - Questions and answers about this doctor

The following ratings and comments have not been substantiated by RateMDs.com.
Date Staff Punctual Helpful Knowledge Review Comments
RID: 5501803
30/05/14 5 5 5 5 Dr. Madden is an exceptional surgeon. He cut me up twice now. He handled a total right hip replacement in 2006 and within 4 months, I was back playing tennis. In March 2014, he repaired a rotator cuff injury to my left shoulder that I sustained when I fell on the ice in January 2014. The most recent surgery went very well. Eight weeks after the surgery and physical therapy, I am back playing tennis at a 4.0 level. I whole heartedly recommend Dr. Madden for his skills, his devotion to his patient and to his wonderful personality. For example, after my hip surgery, he came into my room and told me that he signed me up for "special Olympics" so I better go home and start practicing. That put a big smile on my face. What a great guy he is.
Respond

07/05/14 SYSTEM: 'birds of a feather' score (based on Medicare patients-in-common): 3.8
RID: 5270815
17/03/14 1 2 1 1 The office is very clean and staff seems friendly. Sadly, they tell you they will call you back but never do. He says he will get back to you as soon as you get the MRI but you don't hear back for over a week. After calling and calling with no response he decides to send you to another doctor without even giving you any information on the extent of your injury or treatment ideas. They are very unprofessional. You should find another doctor rather than wasting your time, money and injuring yourself further waiting for a response from this office.
Insurance: CIGNA
RID: 2833913
03/09/13 5 4 5 5 Great doctor, Takes time to listen and truly concerned about his patients. He has a great staff working with him.
Insurance: Anthem
RID: 2364384
14/07/12 5 4 5 5 Excellent physician, he spends much needed time and listens to my concerns.His staff is excellent also and very professional and educated.
RID: 2204496
05/06/12 4 5 5 5 4 visits, ACL tear/ Meniscus tear Dr. Madden diagnosed it immediately. Took care of it, repaired it, and above else answered ALL my questions. HE HAS GREAT PEOPLE SKILLS! VERY PERSONABLE! I recommend him...
Insurance: CIGNA
RID: 1270423
13/10/10 5 5 5 5 Dr Madden addressed all my concerns, and repaired my carpal tunnel issues with minimal down time and little to no pain and was available for all my post surgery questions. Dr Madden followed up personally on several occasions to see how I was doing. I would highly recommend him and his staff. Dr Madden's Bed side manner is second to none! Thanks doc
RID: 983366
09/09/09 5 3 5 5 I have been coming to this practice for over a year and my experience has been good. His nurse and staff is exceptional and professional. Dr Madden goes without saying hes a great physician with excellent people skill
Insurance: Medicare
RID: 958830
10/08/09 1 1 3 4 Too busy. Forgetful. Nurse who works with him is very rude.  Respond
RID: 581654
03/05/08 4 4 5 5 I've been using Dr. Madden as my Orthopeadics specialist for years and years (17+). I just saw him--he has the best side matter, and will answer any question just about any time. He performed one of the surgeries and it was coming along like he said, and he called me back driving down the road on his cell phone. He deeply cares for his patients. I wish other doctors were like him. He does explain every thing and is the tops. I've recommended him to others. My mother in her progressive years even goes to him now--she's broken hip and shattered her wrist. Thank you a million Dr. Madden (& Bobby--an office employee).
RID: 139513
13/02/07 4 4 5 Dr. Madden did three knee surgeries (different problems) and was wonderful. Knowing that my job as a dance teacher requires minimal down time, he had me in and ready for surgery right away rather than stringing me along with "alternative treatments" that I did not have time for. On my first surgery, I was a college junior away from my family having my very first surgery. He took the time to call my parents in NJ to explain the procedure and answer any questions for them as well as calming my fears. He is very hard to get an appointment with though.
Insurance: Anthem
RID: 34437
03/07/06 5 5 5 I have used Dr. Madden twice and each time he has successfully solved my problem. I would use him again and also recommend him to everyone.l
RID: 20368
05/01/06 5 1 2 I am positive he will do a great job for any routine problems (broken bone easily seen on X-ray, inserting pins, etc). However, for any item outside the box, you would be wise to look elsewhere.