Rate Dr. Juan R. Villazon

Dr. Juan R. Villazon's Ratings

He was 1 hour + late on appointment, Everything at the clinic seems chaotic and not very organized. He did not make eye contact with me and continued to talk into a recorder the entire visit - I could not tell if he was talking to me or the recorder. Very hard to understand as well - heavy accent. The nurse scheduled my appointment for nerve test and said that she needed to get approval from my employer for the MRI - she would call me with the date. 1 week before my nerve test, I called clinic and they told me that someone else had been put in that time slot(oops) and he did not know what else to tell me. I told him I would get my Dr to recommend another neurologist in another city, since he is the only one in Altus. I think he is WAY TOO busy and cannot keep up with the work load. Very odd place and I would DEFINITELY NOT recommend this doctor.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2485121].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 25, 2014

I read all the bad reviews of this doctor, but since he was the only one in Altus. I had to go Had to pay my co-pay up front which was a mistake. After 1 hour and 23 minutes PAST my appointment time, I got up to leave. well no body new how to credit my credit card, (how convenient). So out $45.00 and still didn't see him. DO NOT SEE THIS DOCTOR

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2462372].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 16, 2014

Dr Villazon did not help at all with his diagnosis. We went there and his statement was he thought I was crazy. He thought I needed a psychiatrist. He thought my problem was an MS problem but we told him it was issues with a surgery we needed him to look at. We needed him to fill out papers for our insurance company so we could continue to get our short term disability payments and they would continue paying the insurance premium and he stated he would fill out at home that night. We made follow up calls concerning these papers and each time the nurses staff stated they would check into it and call back. They never called back. Needless to say a month went by, the insurance company canceled my disability payments and my insurance payments. I had to pay the premiums out of my pocket and all this because he was too lazy to do his job. Also one other issues is every end of year he takes a month off and goes over seas and doesnt leave anyone to take his patiens. I would not recommend him.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2038953].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 18, 2013

Could not diagnose my health issue but found others that had to make follow up appt for. Very questionable.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2038952].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 27, 2012

Dr. Villazon is very nice, but I went to him several times and he didn't remember me or my issues from one time to the next. I had to go over my history every time I went in to see him and he was inconsistent about his plan of treatment. I do not recommend this neurologist.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2038951].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 26, 2011

Between his staff and the doctors staff who referred me, they had their A game. His staff is completely amazing and his nurse is so polite and informative. Dr. Villazon is a great doctor and helped me tramendously. I would highly recommend him to anybody.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2038950].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 7, 2009

I don't care what anyone says about him he is a great doctor and he knows his stuff. He is great and caring.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2038949].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 18, 2008

Dr. Villazon has always been helpful and taken the time to explain to me what is going on with my body. Sometimes that is not easy. If I have questions he answers them and explains things in a way that I understand.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2038948].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 15, 2007

This is not a neurologist. This is a man of low character

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2038947].votes_count ]]