Rate Dr. Louis G. Jenis

Dr. Louis G. Jenis's Ratings

Dr. Jenis is wonderful. He really listened to me and laid out a plan to fix my back.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2038963].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 29, 2013

At first he was pleasant, but once problems occurred post operation he was very dismissive. When explained the problems, he walk away from me saying there's nothing wrong with you! As explained by Jenis - I was a perfect candidate for fusion. Non smoker, not a big drinker and fairly good shape at the age of 50. He would not even see me after complaining. Now three surgeons have told me my fusion never took after he said everything was fine. A cover up for sure. Now one surgeon told me a SCREW is missing and my L5 was just flopping around. I was told this type situation manifested early enough for Jenis to see while in his care! Does that tell you something?

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2038962].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 18, 2011

After a long history with L4/L5 pain and sciatica, I tried everything - physical therapy, chiropractors, acupuncture, and cortisone shots. NOTHING worked. Dr. Jenis, worked with me through a very intense spinal program and after exhausting all options, helped me reach the decision to go for spinal fusion surgery Jan 2007. It was last resort and not once did he ever try to pressure me into it. As scared as I was it was the best thing I could have ever done, as I am now 98% pain free and have very little restrictions on any activity I wish to do. I am living a very normal life and it is due to the knowledge, caring attitude and commitment from Dr; Jenis, his staff and all of NE Baptist Hospital. I would not hesitate to recommend him, and will definitely see him again if I need to.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2038961].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 26, 2010

Dr. J. did L4/S1 fusion on me 1/06. Sustained permanent nerve damage. Had horrible pain. He did not believe me, had to be referred to pain clinic for verification and treatment. Have cauda equina syndrome now, plus chronic neuropathic pain and residual back pain. Lost sexual feeling and function. He told me repeatedly "You will be fine". Poorly documented my issues afraid of lawsuit? I am RN know crap documentation when I see it. Showed NO compassion for me at all. I think I irritated him because I was in such distress. Complained when I would not leave the exam room because of my questions; told me he didn't set aside that kind of time. I consistenetly waited for him well over an hour for each visit. I believe he knows but covered up whatever happened in OR. He's very nice when you first meet him, FYI. I lost career, sexual satisfaction, have altered sensation foot to rear, left ankle swells, foot purple blue at times. Hope he reads this.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2038960].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 10, 2009

I was referred to the doctor for severe neck pain and was very disappointed. Dr Jenis told me not only could that he could not be any help to me, but also that I had very minimal spinal stenosis and that it would not be the cause of my pain. The original MRI I recieved said I had moderate/severe stenosis and afer receiving THREE opinions from the top neurosurgeons of the University of Virginia they all concluded that I DO have spinal stenosis and will be needing a decompression surgery. Maybe Dr. Jenis is a good surgeon but in my case, he definitley let me down.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2038959].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 12, 2008

Dr Jenis performed surgery on me in 1999 and 2004 on two different discs. both operations were successful i returned to work full duty with in three months of the first surgery. i am not able to return to full unrestricted duty due to my second injury however i am able to enjoy a very high quality of life. i recommend Dr Jenis to any one who needs care for a back injury.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2038958].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 26, 2008

I have had 2 microdiscectomy surgeries by Dr. Jenis over the past 5 years. Both times, he performed miracles for me. The pain was gone, the treatment was fairly minor in invasiveness and I was up and around within the next 24 hours. Dr. Jenis was pleasant to work with, encouraged me on how to keep my congenitally weak back healthy and has made my life pretty much pain free.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2038957].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 30, 2007

EXCELLENT, very knowledgable MD who specializes in orthopedic back surgery. He was not quick to perform surgery on me and he and another MD at the same hospital ultimately saved me from needing surgery at all, through an aggressive physical therapy program. Very upfront & honest. Super friendly office staff. Although he did not perform surgery on me, he is well-known and well-respected in the Boston area as a highly skilled, competent surgeon and based on this fact and my own experiences with him, I'd highly recommend him to anybody.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2038956].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 1, 2007

In my opinion, Dr. Jenis is the Best Orthopedic Spine Surgeon around! Dr. Jenis doesn't talk you into having surgery you don't need, He will only do surgery if its warranted. He has the absolute BEST bedside manner(a rarity I've found with most docs) and really truly genuinely cares about his Patients. He also has a unique sense of understanding and compassion for his patients, putting them at ease during that stressful time. He takes as long as you need to answer ANY and ALL questions you have, never rushing you. He returns your phone calls personally and doesn't make you feel like you are bothering him. His front end staff is the same way, truly kind, caring and compassionate like him. If in the future I need more spinal surgery, I would not hesitate to call him and make an appt for a consult. I would want no one else, other than Dr. Jenis to perform the surgery. He's Extremely skilled, knowledgeable, upfront and up to date on all procedures. He really is a rarity among docs!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2038955].votes_count ]]