Dr. F. Christian Hansen

Grad. Year: 1982

Answers Email: Unknown
Online Appt. Scheduling: Unknown
Accepting New Patients:Y

Rating: 4.3 out of 5 (5 is best), based on 7 reviews. Dr. F. Christian Hansen has a good overall rating on RateMDs.com. smile

New! - Questions and answers about this doctor

Gastroenterologist-related: Crohn's disease, irritable bowel syndrome, GI cancer, bowel disease, stomach, intestines, bowels and other structures, such as the liver, gall bladder, pancreas and esophagus, and focus on maladies that include ulcers, jaundice, colitis, hepatitis, cancer, eating disorders, GIST
The following ratings and comments have not been substantiated by RateMDs.com.
Date Staff Punctual Helpful Knowledge Review Comments
RID: 4781437

05/02/14 SYSTEM: 'birds of a feather' rating (based on Medicare patients-in-common): 4.3  Respond

24/08/13 SYSTEM: Last Name changed from "Hansen III" to "Hansen"

23/08/13 SYSTEM: City changed from "Towson" to "Lutherville"
RID: 2540213
24/01/13 5 5 5 5 I have been a patient of Dr. Hansen for more than 15 years. He is generous with his time, cares about the patient's condition and highly professional. I share his sense of humor and find him very personable. He is a fast mover who cuts off irrelevant chatter when he is focused on medical issues. I can see that this might irritate some of my contemporaries (65+) who treat medical appointments like social occasions or are slowing down.
Insurance: Medicare
RID: 1574871
31/10/11 5 5 5 5 I first used Dr. Hansen 41/2 years ago. I was referred to him by my personal physician, who is just too cool. I found that Dr. Hansen was a very knowlegable and caring Doctor with a twist of humor. It was a great experience and I have another appointment with him this week.
RID: 607591
05/06/08 5 1 1 2 My experiences with Dr. Hansen are also not consistent with the previous ratings. While he seems to be a fairly knowledgable physician, he is extremely patronizing. He seemed to dismiss my issues and instead told me all the physical aspects of myself that I had to change.He seemed more interested in quoting statistics, then in helping me find a solution.I don't know if he was having a bad day, or what. I felt like he could not be less interested in why I was there. It was a horrible experience. I won't be back.
RID: 41623
20/08/06 5 3 5 My experiences with Dr. Hansen are not consistent with the last two ratings. While he is unquestionably a superior technical physician, I did not find him to be whole-person oriented at all. His impressive knowledge of relevant statistical findings, which he quoted frequently, did nothing to address the individuality of my case or to make me feel as if I were being seen as a unique person in any way. He presented as quite dismissive of some of my concerns, rather than empathizing and collaborating with me on ways to address them. I am presently uncertain whether or not I plan to return to his care.
RID: 39267
04/08/06 4 5 5 Dr. Hansen is THE most compassionate, helpful and knowledgeable doctor I have ever encountered. He, unfortunately, is an all-too- rare find in the medical profession. Not only was he extremely knowledgeable in my unique situation of severe endometriosis that resulted in a bowel resection, but he visit me in the hospital even though he wasn't one of my official doctores for my major surgery. (He even stopped by multiple times because I was inevitably sleeping or in the restroom when he stopped. He didn't charge for this either!) He also referred me to other excellent specialists for other medical issues. Most importantly, he always viewed me as person, not just a "body," and he always worked toward finding the cause of problems rather than merely treating the symptoms. He is an A+ doc and I should know because I was his patient for several years. Do yourself or loved ones a favor and see no other GI doc but the best - that's definitely Dr. Hansen. He's my medical "angel"!  Respond
RID: 20060
01/01/06 4 5 5 Dr. Hansen was the first GI doc I saw that had any working knowledge of Endometriosis. He is respectful, thorough, and takes the time to investigate all possibilities completely. He is an excellent doctor with an awesome bedside manner and a skilled surgeon that I trust completely.
Insurance: Kaiser-Permanente