Rate Dr. Donlin M. Long

Dr. Donlin M. Long's Ratings

It was not long after Dr. Long came to Johns Hopkins that I sought him out to perform my second spinal surgery. I was in much pain and feeling discouraged from the poor results of my first surgery. Dr. Long came highly recommended to me by a vascular surgeon friend of ours. So, we traveled to Maryland for a consult with Dr. Long. He did a most thorough evaluation of my situation, including a few days as an inpatient at Johns Hopkins having various tests. Finally I was scheduled for surgery to be done by Dr. Long and Dr. Randy Davis, an orthopedic surgeon. I am so thankful for the opportunity to have this very skilled and knowledgable doctor taking care of me. That was many years ago, yet I have not forgotten Dr. Long, his skill, yes, but also his kindness and compassion.

Submitted Nov. 27, 2011 | flag

Dr. Long performed two cervical fusions on me,1981 and 1991,and reversed what was leading to possible paralysis. In Dec. 2006 my legs went limp without warning and I fell to the floor.It was two days after Christmas. My wife called Dr. Long, who met us at Johns Hopkins ER. After an MRI Dr. Long performed emergency surgery on my lower back removing four pieces of disc from my spinal cord.I consider myself very lucky to have had access to the greatest neurosurgeon in the world; not once but three times. Thank you Dr. Long.

Submitted Nov. 16, 2010 | flag

Dr Long is a very knowledgeable doctor who helped me after four cervical spine surgeries. He and Dr. Garonzik performed my fifth surgery which helped me immensely. I would highly recommend him to anyone who has had a blotched surgery. It's hard to get an appointment but well worth the wait.

Submitted Dec. 29, 2008 | flag

Dr. Long is an old fashion doctor who looks at the whole patient. He takes care of other doctor's train wrecks. He always does the best for the patient and never loses hope. He is a class A doctor.

Submitted March 20, 2008 | flag

Dr. Long provided no post operative care for me. He does the surgery and then is done with you and has no real interest. My surgery failed unfortunately and he has not helped me with the pain or management of treatment. I would not recommend him for treatment.

Submitted Jan. 1, 2006 | flag