Dr. Robert L. Frachtman

Grad. Year: 1978

Answers Email: Unknown
Online Appt. Scheduling: Unknown
Accepting New Patients:Y

Rating: 3.5 out of 5 (5 is best), based on 16 reviews. Dr. Robert L. Frachtman has a fair overall rating on RateMDs.com. neutral

New! - Questions and answers about this doctor

Q: What insurance is accepted?    Email me    Answer it

Gastroenterologist-related: Crohn's disease, irritable bowel syndrome, GI cancer, bowel disease, stomach, intestines, bowels and other structures, such as the liver, gall bladder, pancreas and esophagus, and focus on maladies that include ulcers, jaundice, colitis, hepatitis, cancer, eating disorders, GIST
The following ratings and comments have not been substantiated by RateMDs.com.
Date Staff Punctual Helpful Knowledge Review Comments
RID: 4781386

05/02/14 SYSTEM: 'birds of a feather' rating (based on Medicare patients-in-common): 4.0  Respond

20/10/13 SYSTEM: First Name changed from "Robert" to "Robert L."
RID: 2661581
24/05/13 3 1 2 3 had to wait for every to see him in the office and waiting room...never helped me with my problems...will not see him again...trying to get my medical records and there phone system is not working...can not get a hold of anyone in the entire place.
RID: 2401218
14/08/12 3 5 3 3 Spent nearly my entire appointment time outside the door discussing sports loudly with someone else. Seemed uninterested in my health issues. Would definitely not recommend.  Respond
RID: 1725539
29/02/12 4 1 1 1 I waited two hours to get 2 min with him. All he did was tell me not to drink milk or eat bread. He said nothing else and did not prescribe me anything that would help. He also did not check me or do any type of exam. He was loud and made me follow him down the hall while he spoke out loud to me about my condition in front of the whole hallway. I left the office extremely upset.
Insurance: Humana
RID: 1528856
02/09/11 5 5 5 5 This is one terrific doctor -- Conscientious, focused, professional
RID: 1526500
31/08/11 4 4 5 5 I am getting ready to make an appointment for a colonoscopy. Dr. Frachtman did my last 2 previous. I was very impressed with his humor and professionalism (you can have both). He was a good listener and he carefully went over the results from each; taking the time to ensure I understood. I was referred to this doctor by my long time physician, who claimed that he was the best in Austin. In the 10+ years I have known him, I have found no reason to question that opinion.
RID: 1180571
01/06/10 1 1 2 4 My issue(s) were not with Dr. Fractman, per se, but with his staff, reservation system, etc. When I had my last visit for a colonoscopy, I waited 90 minutes for a 5-10 minute consultation visit which had to precede the actual procedure. The wait wasn't bad for the procedure itself. I've been trying for weeks now to make an appointment and finally gave up when they told me I'd have to AGAIN have the consult before the procedure. I'll try someone else first, hopefully someone who values MY time which obviously is NOT true of Dr. Fractman's staff. I hold him accountable for the way he allows his office to operate. I had NO issues with the procedure itself, or with Dr. Fractman's "bedside manner", just the arduous path to reach that point.
RID: 946753
25/07/09 4 4 5 5 One of the best doctors I have ever used. I totally trust Dr. Frachtman  Respond
RID: 879283
06/05/09 1 1 1 3 Took 6 weeks to get an appointment...then kept waiting 11/2 hours. No one took the time to explain the delay if I had not insisted, I would probably still be waiting. The appointment lasted 6 minutes.  Respond
RID: 845929
28/03/09 4 5 5 5 I was a little hesitant to go to him because the reviews I read here said he did not have a good bedside manner. I completely disagree. I found him to be very pleasant and interested in my case during the consultation. But more importantly, he was the doctor who diagnosed my cancer, and I'm still impressed with how positve and reassuring he was when he gave me the bad news. It has to be tough to tell someone they have cancer, but he handled it exceptionally well.
Paid (or co-pay): $15
RID: 829666
14/03/09 1 3 1 1 This doctor told me there was nothing wrong with me after having surgery despite having ongoing pain. He never suggested tests other doctors have said should have been done. A PA comes in to talk to you before the doctor does and I suspect he just follows her recommendations blindly.
RID: 754101
02/01/09 1 1 1 2 Dr. Frachtman is a fine doctor if you have a straightforward problem that can be fixed with surgery. Otherwise he gives conflicting advice and is unfamiliar with current or new treatments. Austin is a small town as far as doctors go, and there are few choices for reliable gastro people. He has a poor bedside manner and was unwilling to investigate the information I brought to him. Many people I have talked to agree with me about his bedside manner and lack of helpfulness, however another friend I have was helped by him. So be aware that he does not know everything, however condescending he may be towards you and your concerns, although he is one of the most experienced ERCP people in Austin.
RID: 535680
11/03/08 5 4 5 5 Dr. Frachtman is a top rate specialist. He is frank, courteous, professional, and an excellent doctor. If you are considering having a colonoscopy, I highly recommend Dr. Frachtman. The procedure is painless and Dr. Frachtman is an outstanding doctor.
Paid (or co-pay): $360
RID: 414025
18/09/07 4 2 5 5 Great doctor. Saw him in 2006. Listened to every concern I had, gave me medical feedback. Has years of experience, this man knows what he's talking about. He was running late, but wait was worth the visit. This doctor wants to help people get better, not just make money off of them. Highly recommend. The nurse who saw me beforehand offered unhelpful cursory advice to IBS like don't chew peppermint gum. Doctor Frachtman is excellent.  Respond
RID: 43003
30/08/06 3 5 5 I've been a patient of Dr. Frachtman several years and always found him ready to answer all questions I had. The amount of time he runs behind on appointments seems the same as other doctors.
Paid (or co-pay): $2500
RID: 19882
29/12/05 1 2 3 Kept me waiting numerous times. Left in the middle of an exam for several minutes, came back and did not remember a thing he had just done or asked me.  Respond