Rate Dr. Robert L. Frachtman

Dr. Robert L. Frachtman's Ratings

Unbelievable experience with Dr. Frachtman who took a personal interest in helping me find relief from ongoing G.I. pain and to come up with a TRUE plan of care. I left feeling uplifted and hopeful and grateful! He graduated top of his class but is unassuming and humble. Intelligent and committed to his patients. A plus experience!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2549040].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 24, 2014

had to wait for every to see him in the office and waiting room...never helped me with my problems...will not see him again...trying to get my medical records and there phone system is not working...can not get a hold of anyone in the entire place.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2040952].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 24, 2013

Spent nearly my entire appointment time outside the door discussing sports loudly with someone else. Seemed uninterested in my health issues. Would definitely not recommend.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2040951].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 14, 2012

I waited two hours to get 2 min with him. All he did was tell me not to drink milk or eat bread. He said nothing else and did not prescribe me anything that would help. He also did not check me or do any type of exam. He was loud and made me follow him down the hall while he spoke out loud to me about my condition in front of the whole hallway. I left the office extremely upset.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2040950].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 29, 2012

This is one terrific doctor -- Conscientious, focused, professional

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2040949].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 2, 2011

I am getting ready to make an appointment for a colonoscopy. Dr. Frachtman did my last 2 previous. I was very impressed with his humor and professionalism (you can have both). He was a good listener and he carefully went over the results from each; taking the time to ensure I understood. I was referred to this doctor by my long time physician, who claimed that he was the best in Austin. In the 10+ years I have known him, I have found no reason to question that opinion.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2040948].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 31, 2011

My issue(s) were not with Dr. Fractman, per se, but with his staff, reservation system, etc. When I had my last visit for a colonoscopy, I waited 90 minutes for a 5-10 minute consultation visit which had to precede the actual procedure. The wait wasn't bad for the procedure itself. I've been trying for weeks now to make an appointment and finally gave up when they told me I'd have to AGAIN have the consult before the procedure. I'll try someone else first, hopefully someone who values MY time which obviously is NOT true of Dr. Fractman's staff. I hold him accountable for the way he allows his office to operate. I had NO issues with the procedure itself, or with Dr. Fractman's "bedside manner", just the arduous path to reach that point.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2040947].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 1, 2010

One of the best doctors I have ever used. I totally trust Dr. Frachtman

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2040946].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 25, 2009

Took 6 weeks to get an appointment...then kept waiting 11/2 hours. No one took the time to explain the delay if I had not insisted, I would probably still be waiting. The appointment lasted 6 minutes.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2040945].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 6, 2009

I was a little hesitant to go to him because the reviews I read here said he did not have a good bedside manner. I completely disagree. I found him to be very pleasant and interested in my case during the consultation. But more importantly, he was the doctor who diagnosed my cancer, and I'm still impressed with how positve and reassuring he was when he gave me the bad news. It has to be tough to tell someone they have cancer, but he handled it exceptionally well.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2040944].votes_count ]]