Rate Dr. Robert L. Frachtman

Dr. Robert L. Frachtman's Ratings

had to wait for every to see him in the office and waiting room...never helped me with my problems...will not see him again...trying to get my medical records and there phone system is not working...can not get a hold of anyone in the entire place.

Submitted May 24, 2013 | flag

Spent nearly my entire appointment time outside the door discussing sports loudly with someone else. Seemed uninterested in my health issues. Would definitely not recommend.

Submitted Aug. 14, 2012 | flag

I waited two hours to get 2 min with him. All he did was tell me not to drink milk or eat bread. He said nothing else and did not prescribe me anything that would help. He also did not check me or do any type of exam. He was loud and made me follow him down the hall while he spoke out loud to me about my condition in front of the whole hallway. I left the office extremely upset.

Submitted Feb. 29, 2012 | flag

This is one terrific doctor -- Conscientious, focused, professional

Submitted Sept. 2, 2011 | flag

I am getting ready to make an appointment for a colonoscopy. Dr. Frachtman did my last 2 previous. I was very impressed with his humor and professionalism (you can have both). He was a good listener and he carefully went over the results from each; taking the time to ensure I understood. I was referred to this doctor by my long time physician, who claimed that he was the best in Austin. In the 10+ years I have known him, I have found no reason to question that opinion.

Submitted Aug. 31, 2011 | flag

My issue(s) were not with Dr. Fractman, per se, but with his staff, reservation system, etc. When I had my last visit for a colonoscopy, I waited 90 minutes for a 5-10 minute consultation visit which had to precede the actual procedure. The wait wasn't bad for the procedure itself. I've been trying for weeks now to make an appointment and finally gave up when they told me I'd have to AGAIN have the consult before the procedure. I'll try someone else first, hopefully someone who values MY time which obviously is NOT true of Dr. Fractman's staff. I hold him accountable for the way he allows his office to operate. I had NO issues with the procedure itself, or with Dr. Fractman's "bedside manner", just the arduous path to reach that point.

Submitted June 1, 2010 | flag

One of the best doctors I have ever used. I totally trust Dr. Frachtman

Submitted July 25, 2009 | flag

Took 6 weeks to get an appointment...then kept waiting 11/2 hours. No one took the time to explain the delay if I had not insisted, I would probably still be waiting. The appointment lasted 6 minutes.

Submitted May 6, 2009 | flag

I was a little hesitant to go to him because the reviews I read here said he did not have a good bedside manner. I completely disagree. I found him to be very pleasant and interested in my case during the consultation. But more importantly, he was the doctor who diagnosed my cancer, and I'm still impressed with how positve and reassuring he was when he gave me the bad news. It has to be tough to tell someone they have cancer, but he handled it exceptionally well.

Submitted March 28, 2009 | flag

This doctor told me there was nothing wrong with me after having surgery despite having ongoing pain. He never suggested tests other doctors have said should have been done. A PA comes in to talk to you before the doctor does and I suspect he just follows her recommendations blindly.

Submitted March 14, 2009 | flag