Rate Dr. Belvia A. Carter

Dr. Belvia A. Carter's Ratings

Dr. Carter is an AMAZING doctor. She is very knowledgeable, caring, and patient. I have not had a bad experience with her and I will continue seeing her as my OBGYb

Submitted Sept. 10, 2013 | flag

Dr. Carter is all about the money. She will not tell you all of your options if she can't make money off of the procedure. She cut me open for a myomectomy, knowing full well that there were other options available that I was eligible for. She didn't make my friend aware of other options to address her issues carrying a baby because she couldn't do the procedure. I would never recommend anyone to see her.

Submitted July 29, 2013 | flag

I recently delivered my first baby almost 6 months ago. I was considered high risk due to elevated blood pressure and was also being monitored for gestational diabetes. I was admitted a few days prior to delivery due to these risks. Initially, when entering my exam room, Dr. Carter was extremely rude to me asking me if I was a rape victim because i was "tensing up". She even further offended me by asking: "How do you have sex"?? needless to say, I was appalled!!!!! I kept my composure because I was concerned about my health/ blood pressure and wanted to ensure my baby had a safe delivery. He was born on Christmas Eve and I knew she was "the one on call". My doctor is Dr. lanetta Anderson and she, unfortunately was out of town for the Christmas holidays. I tell everyone I know about my horrible treatment. Ironically, I am a Perinatal social worker who works in OB with high risk patients. I felt completely degraded and humiliated as a woman. Fortunately, the other staff ALMOST made up for it....

Submitted June 14, 2012 | flag

Dr.Carter is a great doctor. I first visited her when i had a cyst on my ovaries. During her care i became pregnant. I had many complications during my pregnancy. Dr. Carter went above and beyond to give me the best care possible. Let it be known that my son is now 4 years old and very healthy. As far as Nurse Lambert. That is Dr. Carters down fall. Nurse Lambert takes it upon herself to try to diagnois patients instead of talking to a doctor. But if Dr. Carter is aware of it she will correct it really quick. I have and will still continue to recommend Dr.Carter to anyone that is looking for a good doctor.

Submitted Nov. 20, 2011 | flag

I have had Dr. Carter for 20 years, she takes the time to explain your exam and the procedure. I will have her as long as she is in practice. Her staff are very professional and her practice very neat and clean.

Submitted June 16, 2011 | flag

Dr. Carter has been my doctor for about 11 years. The wait time is always short and Iam usually out of her office within an hour. She is an excellent doctor who actually cares about her patients. When people are looking for doctors I always recommend her.

Submitted Feb. 10, 2010 | flag

Dr. Belvia Carter has been my doctor for over 30 years. She is knowledgable, and she is compassionate. She performed my hysterectomy and she recently found a lump in my breast for which I am currently receiving treatment from an oncologist. I definitely would recommend her to anyone I know.

Submitted Feb. 2, 2010 | flag

I think Dr. Belvia Carter is a great Doctor. Although my husband and i did lose our baby, which was our first pregnancy but Dr. Carter and the staff is awesome. Whenever we're pregnant again i still want Dr. Carter to be my doctor. I will recommend her to anybody.. They're a great staff!!

Submitted Dec. 11, 2009 | flag

She is an awful doctor I was told by nurse prac. Lambert that I was pregnant well it was about 4 weeks into the pregnancy so the ultrasound did not detect a heartbeat well everybody knows you have to at least be 6 weeks to hear a heartbeat.so she sent me to 6 different ultrasounds and none of them detected a heartbeat. So mind u all I dr. Carter never examined me but she sent me to hospital to have a d'n'c which would have been an abortion but luckly Dr Authur Townsend stopped the procedure because he said my baby was alive and well Dr. Carter said my baby was dead well the 2 doctors had words and Townsend won he sent me home and now almost 6 years later I have a beautiful daughter. So I would not reccomend Dr. Carter to anyone I think she is too old to practice she is an awful doctor and lambert is a bad nurse practitionerladies if u

Submitted April 8, 2009 | flag

To me, Dr Carter is the BEST GYN in Memphis. I believe all of her patients would say the same about her. She takes the time to listen, she's supportive, knowledgeable, and by the way, I've seen her since I was 14 yrs old and I'm now 32. I no longer live in Memphis (I live in Dallas now) and I can say during my search for a GYN here, I compared them to her and NO ONE compares!

Submitted July 14, 2008 | flag