You may also like

Rate Dr. Maxie C. Sprott

Dr. Maxie C. Sprott's Ratings

This doctor has NO clue on bed side manners and with a high risk pregnancy you would expect it least that. He never offered me any comfort even knowing at times that I was going into labor! I had IC (incompetent cervix) and at 26 week's exactly I was having my mucus plug come out at that point I go to the E.R. and he sends me home says that everything is fine.The next day I go to see him at his office for a follow up visit and he does a vaginal exam!! Than when he notices the cerclage that HE performed himself he asks me who did it and when I tell him he did he than proceeds to look at my chart BUT if he had did that from the beginning he would have knew NOT to do a vaginal exam at all!!!! He sent me home and said my cervix was closed said I was fine. Later that night I started to literally gush blood everywhere and went to the E.R. again and once again he sent me home and said that it was"normal"!!! I went home only to end up back in the hospital with a different Dr on call this time and they sent me by ambulance to Houston where I ended up having my son the day I turned 26 weeks. My son spent 5 months in the hospital and I thank GOD everyday he is alive and well but cannot help yo think that Dr.Sprott was the reason I ended going into labor early and I will NEVER NEVER recommend him let alone go back to him or his wife!!!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2812445].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 20, 2015

He gave me a histarextame said it was a complete left my overies now im dealing With the same problem all over a gain staff was very rude also

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2800351].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 7, 2015

I am currently 34 weeks and I have never met him. I only see his wife. A friend of mine also had him as her OB and she actually did get to meet him a few times and he would tell her how his wife does not know what she is talking about and that he always had to go back and fix her mistakes. This makes me very uneasy being that she is the only one I have dealt with my entire pregnancy. I do not even know what he looks like. It is usually no less than an hour and a half wait and you are in the room with the doctor for 5-10 minutes tops. Not helpful at all. Does not give much information. They lost my paperwork numerous times, one being the paperwork from my job that almost lost me my job because they could not find the paperwork and I had to fax it to them over 6 times. Also lost my consent form for which blood work I would like ran and I had to refill that out 4 times. Office closes early most days and on every Friday they close usually an hour early. Had an emergency once and tried to call around 3:30pm on a Friday only to get the automated computer which clearly states "Our office is currently closed. The hours are Monday through Friday 8am to 5pm with lunch 12-1." There has been multiple occasions in which they had went to lunch for hours or simply left early because they felt like it. The answering service (which is pointless, unhelpful and rude) even stated to me that "They leave early on Fridays sometimes because they're ready to go home." If I was not so far along, I would switch doctors. The only reason I chose him is because he is one of the only doctors in my network and I couldn't afford anyone else. Would not recommend Dr. Sprott to anyone, ever.

Was this rating useful? 4 [[ userState['ratings'][2536848].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 15, 2014

He was the on- call Dr that did my C- section. He was kind of rude @ first then his attitude got better. I don't know why. He's a good surgeon

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2042166].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 10, 2014

Delivered 2 of4 of mine his wife my midwife for my first 2 all full term vaginal one his since of humor is grade a u have to be completely comfortable in your own skin to understand or willing to laugh with him not take it too personal truely gifted dr sprott is and how much he loves bringing healthy babies into this world im scheduling an appt this week just found out #5 is on its way visits include a long wait time and you may see his wife instead both are great would rather wait to see him then in a rush somewhere else we go back 20 yrs with his wife and 18 with him im 37yrs old im comfortable he knows me in and out lol :)

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2042165].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 17, 2014

I used him with my last baby and I seen his wife most of the time, but she helped me with any questions I had. My blood pressure was really bad the whole time he seen the pain I was in and my unborn son. so he induced me way early! I am THANKFUL every day for that my son was born healthier then my oldest and she was a full term baby. He also did my Eesure and took great care of me. I am still using him just made my yearly apt with him. yes the wait time was long but I felt it was well worth the wait!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2042164].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 10, 2014

I used him for both pregnancies. He's been in the business for at least 30 years. So he's seen a lot and done a lot when it comes to a pregnancy. He treats you the way you treat yourself. If he see that you aren't taking care of yourself he's going to let you know but he WILL NOT treat your unborn child anyway, he will do everything necessary to make sure you deliver a health child. I had no problem what so ever with Dr. Sprott if I had a question he gave me an answer. Its a practice with only Him and His Wife she's a certified mid-wife she used to be an ob/gyn and I have no idea why she stopped because she was wonderful. He gives it to you straight no beating around the bush or sugar coat. The wait time is probably the worst. Waiting room not big enough and so many patients a lot of hormonal women. If its something simple like a basic check up you might not get to see him you'll see his wife she's certified to do everything a OB/GYN does. He's also on call. I'd go back.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2042163].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 24, 2013

Love him! He delivered my first girl. I had an epidural with her everything went perfectly! I saw him with my second little girl and he was just as great! If it wasn't for him my kids wouldn't be here! I'm high risk and he was on top of his game! He started me on meds I needed! Was always very respectful and never made feel uncomfortable. He doesn't sugar coat things he tells you exactly what you need to do! If I ever have another baby he will be my doctor again! Love him and his staff!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2042162].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 21, 2013

Would highly UN recommend! Have had 4 apts and each time, waited 2+ hours before being seen. Have yet to see Dr. Sprott. They don't give me any information on what's being done. He also delivered my first child and gave me an unnecessary episiotomy and used forceps. Had a different doctor with prior pregnancies. Had this been my first, I'd be completely clueless.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2042161].votes_count ]]