Rate Dr. Maxie C. Sprott

Dr. Maxie C. Sprott's Ratings

I am currently 34 weeks and I have never met him. I only see his wife. A friend of mine also had him as her OB and she actually did get to meet him a few times and he would tell her how his wife does not know what she is talking about and that he always had to go back and fix her mistakes. This makes me very uneasy being that she is the only one I have dealt with my entire pregnancy. I do not even know what he looks like. It is usually no less than an hour and a half wait and you are in the room with the doctor for 5-10 minutes tops. Not helpful at all. Does not give much information. They lost my paperwork numerous times, one being the paperwork from my job that almost lost me my job because they could not find the paperwork and I had to fax it to them over 6 times. Also lost my consent form for which blood work I would like ran and I had to refill that out 4 times. Office closes early most days and on every Friday they close usually an hour early. Had an emergency once and tried to call around 3:30pm on a Friday only to get the automated computer which clearly states "Our office is currently closed. The hours are Monday through Friday 8am to 5pm with lunch 12-1." There has been multiple occasions in which they had went to lunch for hours or simply left early because they felt like it. The answering service (which is pointless, unhelpful and rude) even stated to me that "They leave early on Fridays sometimes because they're ready to go home." If I was not so far along, I would switch doctors. The only reason I chose him is because he is one of the only doctors in my network and I couldn't afford anyone else. Would not recommend Dr. Sprott to anyone, ever.

Submitted Sept. 15, 2014 | flag

He was the on- call Dr that did my C- section. He was kind of rude @ first then his attitude got better. I don't know why. He's a good surgeon

Submitted Feb. 10, 2014 | flag

Delivered 2 of4 of mine his wife my midwife for my first 2 all full term vaginal one his since of humor is grade a u have to be completely comfortable in your own skin to understand or willing to laugh with him not take it too personal truely gifted dr sprott is and how much he loves bringing healthy babies into this world im scheduling an appt this week just found out #5 is on its way visits include a long wait time and you may see his wife instead both are great would rather wait to see him then in a rush somewhere else we go back 20 yrs with his wife and 18 with him im 37yrs old im comfortable he knows me in and out lol :)

Submitted Jan. 17, 2014 | flag

I used him with my last baby and I seen his wife most of the time, but she helped me with any questions I had. My blood pressure was really bad the whole time he seen the pain I was in and my unborn son. so he induced me way early! I am THANKFUL every day for that my son was born healthier then my oldest and she was a full term baby. He also did my Eesure and took great care of me. I am still using him just made my yearly apt with him. yes the wait time was long but I felt it was well worth the wait!

Submitted Jan. 10, 2014 | flag

I used him for both pregnancies. He's been in the business for at least 30 years. So he's seen a lot and done a lot when it comes to a pregnancy. He treats you the way you treat yourself. If he see that you aren't taking care of yourself he's going to let you know but he WILL NOT treat your unborn child anyway, he will do everything necessary to make sure you deliver a health child. I had no problem what so ever with Dr. Sprott if I had a question he gave me an answer. Its a practice with only Him and His Wife she's a certified mid-wife she used to be an ob/gyn and I have no idea why she stopped because she was wonderful. He gives it to you straight no beating around the bush or sugar coat. The wait time is probably the worst. Waiting room not big enough and so many patients a lot of hormonal women. If its something simple like a basic check up you might not get to see him you'll see his wife she's certified to do everything a OB/GYN does. He's also on call. I'd go back.

Submitted July 24, 2013 | flag

Love him! He delivered my first girl. I had an epidural with her everything went perfectly! I saw him with my second little girl and he was just as great! If it wasn't for him my kids wouldn't be here! I'm high risk and he was on top of his game! He started me on meds I needed! Was always very respectful and never made feel uncomfortable. He doesn't sugar coat things he tells you exactly what you need to do! If I ever have another baby he will be my doctor again! Love him and his staff!

Submitted July 21, 2013 | flag

Would highly UN recommend! Have had 4 apts and each time, waited 2+ hours before being seen. Have yet to see Dr. Sprott. They don't give me any information on what's being done. He also delivered my first child and gave me an unnecessary episiotomy and used forceps. Had a different doctor with prior pregnancies. Had this been my first, I'd be completely clueless.

Submitted Feb. 5, 2013 | flag

Submitted Jan. 29, 2013 | flag

I only met the DR one time (3 visits to the office). Wait time was over 2 hours each visit (with an appointment). If you have insurance, you should see a different Dr. The staff at Dr Sprotts office do not know how to code Lab work correctly. They also ordered lab work that was unnecessary which means insurance will not cover. When I asked the office staff why they would order unnecessary lab work, she said that it was my responsibility to approve the lab work. REALLY? As if I would show up at the lab and say, Oh, BTW, is it really necessary to check my triglycerieds?" I have not EVER had this many problem getting insurance to pay a claim. It's extremely frustrating.

Submitted Jan. 22, 2013 | flag

This is the most horrible experience of my life. I am 34 weeks pregnant and have been going to this doctor since 13 weeks and I just recently seen the actual doctor for the first time. He had no time to listen to my concerns or help me. I also did not have an ultrasound until a few weeks ago and it took me reporting them before they did one. Dr. Sprott is usually not present at the office and you willb have to wait 3 hours to see anyone. The staff is rude and not helpful as well. They also scheduled me an appointment and then whenever I went in to be seen they said I did not have an appointment but I showed them the appoint ment card they gave me and it proved otherwise. When I called to reschedule the following week they were rude and said they did not have my phone number and I told them Igave them my number so that is there fault for not saving it. I would never reccomend this dr to anyone nor will Ibe coming back.

Submitted Oct. 29, 2012 | flag