Dr. Maxie C. Sprott

Grad. Year: 1980

Answers Email: Unknown
Online Appt. Scheduling: N
Accepting New Patients:Y

Rating: 2.9 out of 5 (5 is best), based on 21 reviews. Dr. Maxie C. Sprott has a fair overall rating on RateMDs.com. neutral

New! - Questions and answers about this doctor

The following ratings and comments have not been substantiated by RateMDs.com.
Date Staff Punctual Helpful Knowledge Review Comments

30/06/14 SYSTEM: 'birds of a feather' score (based on Medicare patients-in-common): 1.7
RID: 5171487
10/02/14 3 5 2 4 He was the on- call Dr that did my C- section. He was kind of rude @ first then his attitude got better. I don't know why. He's a good surgeon  Respond
RID: 3658250
17/01/14 3 4 5 5 Delivered 2 of4 of mine his wife my midwife for my first 2 all full term vaginal one his since of humor is grade a u have to be completely comfortable in your own skin to understand or willing to laugh with him not take it too personal truely gifted dr sprott is and how much he loves bringing healthy babies into this world im scheduling an appt this week just found out #5 is on its way visits include a long wait time and you may see his wife instead both are great would rather wait to see him then in a rush somewhere else we go back 20 yrs with his wife and 18 with him im 37yrs old im comfortable he knows me in and out lol :)
RID: 3652654
10/01/14 3 3 4 5 I used him with my last baby and I seen his wife most of the time, but she helped me with any questions I had. My blood pressure was really bad the whole time he seen the pain I was in and my unborn son. so he induced me way early! I am THANKFUL every day for that my son was born healthier then my oldest and she was a full term baby. He also did my Eesure and took great care of me. I am still using him just made my yearly apt with him. yes the wait time was long but I felt it was well worth the wait!
RID: 2717140
24/07/13 5 3 5 5 I used him for both pregnancies. He's been in the business for at least 30 years. So he's seen a lot and done a lot when it comes to a pregnancy. He treats you the way you treat yourself. If he see that you aren't taking care of yourself he's going to let you know but he WILL NOT treat your unborn child anyway, he will do everything necessary to make sure you deliver a health child. I had no problem what so ever with Dr. Sprott if I had a question he gave me an answer. Its a practice with only Him and His Wife she's a certified mid-wife she used to be an ob/gyn and I have no idea why she stopped because she was wonderful. He gives it to you straight no beating around the bush or sugar coat. The wait time is probably the worst. Waiting room not big enough and so many patients a lot of hormonal women. If its something simple like a basic check up you might not get to see him you'll see his wife she's certified to do everything a OB/GYN does. He's also on call. I'd go back.  Respond
RID: 2714634
21/07/13 5 3 5 5 Love him! He delivered my first girl. I had an epidural with her everything went perfectly! I saw him with my second little girl and he was just as great! If it wasn't for him my kids wouldn't be here! I'm high risk and he was on top of his game! He started me on meds I needed! Was always very respectful and never made feel uncomfortable. He doesn't sugar coat things he tells you exactly what you need to do! If I ever have another baby he will be my doctor again! Love him and his staff!
RID: 2551245
05/02/13 1 1 1 2 Would highly UN recommend! Have had 4 apts and each time, waited 2+ hours before being seen. Have yet to see Dr. Sprott. They don't give me any information on what's being done. He also delivered my first child and gave me an unnecessary episiotomy and used forceps. Had a different doctor with prior pregnancies. Had this been my first, I'd be completely clueless.
RID: 2544672

29/01/13 1 1 1 1   Respond
RID: 2537989
22/01/13 1 1 3 3 I only met the DR one time (3 visits to the office). Wait time was over 2 hours each visit (with an appointment). If you have insurance, you should see a different Dr. The staff at Dr Sprotts office do not know how to code Lab work correctly. They also ordered lab work that was unnecessary which means insurance will not cover. When I asked the office staff why they would order unnecessary lab work, she said that it was my responsibility to approve the lab work. REALLY? As if I would show up at the lab and say, Oh, BTW, is it really necessary to check my triglycerieds?" I have not EVER had this many problem getting insurance to pay a claim. It's extremely frustrating.
Insurance: Blue Cross / Blue Shield
RID: 2460684

29/10/12 1 1 1 1 This is the most horrible experience of my life. I am 34 weeks pregnant and have been going to this doctor since 13 weeks and I just recently seen the actual doctor for the first time. He had no time to listen to my concerns or help me. I also did not have an ultrasound until a few weeks ago and it took me reporting them before they did one. Dr. Sprott is usually not present at the office and you willb have to wait 3 hours to see anyone. The staff is rude and not helpful as well. They also scheduled me an appointment and then whenever I went in to be seen they said I did not have an appointment but I showed them the appoint ment card they gave me and it proved otherwise. When I called to reschedule the following week they were rude and said they did not have my phone number and I told them Igave them my number so that is there fault for not saving it. I would never reccomend this dr to anyone nor will Ibe coming back.
Insurance: Blue Cross / Blue Shield
RID: 2460164
28/10/12 1 1 1 1 Dr sprott was not my doctor but wen my Dr had an emergency c section to perform he was sent to deliver my baby it was 9 am and as soon as he walked in everyone in the room could smell the stench of alcohol all around him needless to say i refused to let him touch me the lead nurse ended up delivering my son aa
RID: 2447177
15/10/12 1 1 1 1 THIS IS MY FIRST PREGNANCY, AND I DIDN'T SEE THE DR. NOT A SINGLE PERSON GAVE ME INFORMATION ON WHAT TO EXPECT, OR INFORMED ME OF THE DO'S AND DON'TS OF PREGNANCY. I WAS PASSED AROUND THE OFFICE WITHOUT ANY INSIDE OF WHAT WHAT GOING ON OR ABOUT TO BE DONE FOR ME. I FELT THAT I WAS A BURDEN, AND THAT THEY ONLY WANTED TO GET RID OF ME AS FAST AS POSSIBLE. THE RESULTS OF MY PAP CAME IN WITH AN ABNORMALITY, BUT NO ONE CONTACTED ME TO INFORM ME. I HAD TO GET MY OWN PCP TO REQUEST THE RECORDS AND GIVE ME A RX FOR THE PROBLEM. I WOULD NOT SUGGEST THIS DR. TO ANYONE.  Respond
RID: 1706891
07/02/12 1 1 1 1 He wasnt my doctor but since mine was out of town he delivered my son,he did and uneccesary episiotimy with forceps and had to have 3 layers of stitches he left placenta in me,also left lacerations inside and opened & had to have a D&C & blood transfution.To this day im having problems and pains with my reproductive system and its been a year and a half ago since i delivered!He also did the same thing to another girl that delivered the same day i did she was also back at the hospital with infection I DO NOT RECOMMEND HIM TO ANYONE!!
RID: 1513471
16/08/11 4 3 5 5 dostor sprott as well as staff are very helpful and patient when it comes down to their patients. Anything you need help with or need to know, they are willing to help..the only complaint i can give is when your going for a visit, you'd probably be waiting for an hour or more, which could take from those who have jobs, kids and other things to do. But overall I like the way they work as a whole. He delivered my first born, and I couldn't pick a better doctor or staff for my second
RID: 1476486
30/06/11 2 1 4 5 I was never seen on time ever.Used him with all 3 of my kids and had vaginal with everyone of them. He was very nice and explained stuff if I had questions.If you dont want opinion dont use him. He knew my name outside of Dr. Office. He put IUD in and out and was not painful at all. Great Dr. would and Will use him again.
RID: 1319219
21/12/10 4 1 2 1 i used him for my first child his office always crowded we would constantly be standing up waitin for a seat..appts were like 5 mins apart so no matter how early u got there u still had to wait..i was havig full blown labor contractions he told me i was fakeing.on my second pregnancy i wasnt wearin materinty pants and he told me if i cant afford them then i dont need to have kids.for my second child he was actually the doctor that deliverd her he walked in saying is this real or fake after lookin at me in the hospital bed.he dosent care about his paitents on a personal level.i would strongly recomend a diffrent doctor unless u like bein treated bad.
RID: 1243042
03/09/10 2 1 2 2 slow service. arrived 30 min early only to not be serviced properly because i am on medicaid. he did not send off any of my test result. prescribed birth control and sent me on my way.
RID: 1237579
26/08/10 2 1 3 3 Dr.Sprott seems to be a decent doctor, Ive only been to him onece, but I had to wait almost 2 hours when I was 10 minutes early. The staff on the other hand need to be a little more organized and cautious on how they book appointments. I was supposed to come and get the paraguard(IUD) and have an ultrasound at my next appointment, but they didnt have the paragaurd and they didnt do ultrasounds on the day of my appointment??? what a waste of time because of someone else's mistake. I am probably going to switch doctors.
Insurance: Aetna
RID: 925281
30/06/09 1 1 1 1 Beacause I was on medicaid he refused me an epidural. He made me stay in labor for 32 hrs. By the time he got to the hospital my babies shoulders were already out. When the nurse called him and said I was crowning he said he was busy and would be there in a second.
Insurance: Medicare
RID: 662946
12/08/08 3 3 1 3 Dr. Sprott is currently on probation after having his license revoked in 2001 for "failure to practice medicine in an acceptable professional manner consistent with public health and welfare, unprofessional or dishonorable conduct that is likely to deceive or defraud the public." I've recently seen firsthand why this happened. He is unethical and concerned more with making it home in time for dinner than he is with the health and safety of his patients and their babies. His c-section rates are astronomical and he uses episiotomy and a vaccuum extractor with virtually ALL of his vaginal deliveries. Vaccuum assisted deliveries are rarely ever indicated and certainly not at the rate he uses them. His practices are dangerous and not in line with AOCG standards and recommendations and he's condescending to boot. You'd be wise to research is disciplinary action with the Texas Medical Board before hiring him. Highly NOT recommended by yours truly.  Respond
RID: 304321
01/05/07 4 5 5 Delievered my first two sons over 20 years ago. A personal, attentive professional.  Respond
RID: 19652
25/12/05 5 5 5 Without a doubt, the best doctor I have ever been to. He explains everything thoroughly and seems to really care about the patient's pregnancy. I would recommend him to anyone.  Respond