Dr. John J. Kane

Grad. Year: 1971

Answers Email: Unknown
Online Appt. Scheduling: Unknown
Accepting New Patients:Y

Rating: 4.3 out of 5 (5 is best), based on 12 reviews. Dr. John J. Kane has a good overall rating on RateMDs.com. smile

New! - Questions and answers about this doctor

The following ratings and comments have not been substantiated by RateMDs.com.
Date Staff Punctual Helpful Knowledge Review Comments

05/02/14 SYSTEM: 'birds of a feather' score (based on Medicare patients-in-common): 3.3
RID: 2507717
20/12/12 1 5 5 5 Dr. Kane is one of the best docs I have ever seen. His nursing staff is also wonderful and very easy to talk to. The front desk is another matter. Robyn is the worst possible person to have to deal with when trying to make an appointment. She seems to think that she has the ability to determine how serious your need is and then determine if you get to see Dr. Kane. It has got to the point I am afraid to call the office knowing that I will have to deal with her and get nowhere. For some time I thought it was just me but after seeing some of the other comments I had to chime in. If you can get past Robyn this is a great practice to be associated with.
Insurance: Medicare
RID: 2458341
26/10/12 1 5 5 5 I can't even begin to go into detail about how horrible the front office lady is. I feel like she was doing everything in her power to discourage me from actually seeing Dr. Kane (whom i heard is a great doctor). I tried to make an appointment for a stye that was getting infected on my eye, and she refused to schedule me for an appointment earlier than 3 weeks, and kept telling me to go to urgent care. I tried scheduling an appointment for a physical, 2 months was the best she could do. I came in 2 months later, and she told me my appointment time was changed (i wasn't told), and then wanted to reschedule me 2 more months later. I threatened to change providers if I wasn't able to see the actual Doctor soon, and she simply said, "That will be your decision", and didn't care at all! I've had insurance for 5 months now, and I haven't even had the pleasure of meeting Dr. Kane.I'm sure he's great. Not worth the hassle of getting to him though. He needs to get rid of her ASAP.
Insurance: Aetna
RID: 1525965
30/08/11 3 3 2 3 My fother went to Dr Kane for years with terrible heartburn problems, the Dr never did anything, so my father just kept eating roliads to deal with the heartburn, anyway long story short, my father died of esophogeal cancer, I honestly feel his life would have been prolonged if he had seen a better doctor.  Respond
RID: 1291607
11/11/10 1 1 1 1 I called to establish a new family doctor and the rude lady on the phone said they were too busy. Wow, terrible customer service  Respond
RID: 1112030
22/02/10 5 5 5 5 Dr. Kane is wonderful!! I've beeen to him a couple of times and he's fixed me right up. Very nice man.
Paid (or co-pay): $45
RID: 1110255
19/02/10 3 5 5 5 Dr. Kane is the best doctor I ever had. Unfortunately I moved and the distance was too far to keep him as my primary doctor. He is highly professional and knowledgeable without speaking down to you. He spends a great deal of time listening to your symptoms and concerns. Dr. Kane has always been on target with his diagnosises and treatments when I was treated by him. This is a doctor that all doctors should follow and aspire to be like.
Insurance: Tricare
RID: 1077939
13/01/10 5 5 5 5 Wonderful Doctor. The time you may spend waiting will be short, and when with you he will take all the time necessary to talk to you and help fix your problem  Respond
RID: 1056839
14/12/09 1 3 3 4 The front office staff is terrible. The gal who sets appointments is rude and inconsiderate. She has terrible phone and people skills. Whatever ails you will seem like nothing after having to deal with Robyn. She is a poor reflection on him and his practice. Ulitimately he is responsible for employing her. If you somehow manage to get past her beahivor and ultimately see Dr. Kane, you would be pleased with his ability to diagnose and treat. Unfortunately he is not worth the hassle.
RID: 1031893
11/11/09 5 5 5 5 Very good doctor, the only thing is that if you want answers, you HAVE to ask questions.Very knowlegable doctor.  Respond
RID: 924967
29/06/09 5 5 5 5 Can't say enough!Genuinely nice front staff.I was seen within 20 minutes of arriving,even being a new patient & having to fill out forms,total time 20 minutes for all.Dr Kane was nice,funny & not in a rush to get me outta there. He answered all my questions completely. I will be taking all of my family to him from now on.A+++++++
RID: 574655
23/04/08 5 5 5 5 Dr. Kane is awesome. He makes you feel like you are the only patient he has. He is sooo knowledgeable and gotten my kids feeling better quickly. I highly recommend him!
Insurance: Aetna