Rate Dr. David L. Bannister

Dr. David L. Bannister's Ratings

Missed a diagnosis that 2 other doctors picked up. I think he lacks the real expertise it takes to handle more than routine issue.

Submitted June 9, 2014 | flag

Dr.Bannister is very nice.However,his staff are rude,and terrible.I have to call on a monthly basis to have my sons Ritalin refilled.Due to it being a controlled substance,you have to get an actual physical script written monthly.NO refills are allowed.He has been on the medication for around 1 year.Out of the 12 prescriptions I have received,7 of them were for the WRONG presc.,wrong amount and/or wrong dosage.This is scary that they do NOT know what they are prescribing and I have to double check every prescription.I then changed doctors;I then received a bill from them for $20.for his medical records to be sent to his new doctor.When records go from doctor to doctor,there normally is NOT a charge.When I called to speak to their billing dept.,Gayle told me they do NOT bill MediCal or the courts.I am private pay but they are billing me!What a joke,and what RUDE staff!Very bad business practice,bad service and the sad thing is the doctor probably has NO CLUE HIS STAFF ARE RUDE!

Submitted July 22, 2013 | flag

great dr. wonderful with kids and parents. wouldn't change for anything!

Submitted April 9, 2013 | flag

great doctor, no wait time and very nice staff. He is very knowledage.

Submitted Oct. 11, 2011 | flag

We've had used Bannister for our children for years but when there appeared to be a more complex problem that 2 other doctors recognized he acted as if they were wrong for going the extra mile and doing test that found a potential problem . He became disrespectful and short with both my wife and I as well as our son. Last time any of our kids will go there. All confidence is gone.

Submitted Sept. 27, 2010 | flag

I saw Dr Bannister as a child and now both of our children see him too. He has a wonderful bedside manner, and is very helpful when you have any issues or questions. All of his staff have always been professional and helpful.

Submitted Oct. 14, 2009 | flag

He has good bedside manner. His staff is nice and proffesional. I wasn't made to feel guilty when we discussed stopping nursing and switching to formula. I think he's pretty punctual. If he's running behind it may be by just 10 minutes. I don't feel rushed.

Submitted Sept. 30, 2009 | flag

My 1 month old son had a medical issue after hours and we called the answering service. Dr. Bannister was the on-call doctor and my wife and I waited for 2 hours for him to call back before we just decided to take him to the ER. Bannister never called us back. Whatever he gets paid to be on call is too much. His dedication to children is obviously only limited to times when it is convenient for him.

Submitted June 12, 2009 | flag

my parents took me to Dr Bannister when I was 17 and had mono. Since returning to the area and starting my own family, I chose Dr Bannister for both my babies (now 4 & 5). I like his knowledge, courtesy, always on time- we never have waited more than 15 mins. He takes the time to interact with the children and is very thorough. What some may see as condescending is more his calm demeanor and detailed explanation of the illness or issue- especially to worrisome, nervous first time mom and dads. It doesnt bother me - it makes me calm in knowing my children are in competent hands and that there is no need to over-react. I like the way he makes his staff do the dirty deeds of shots and tests so he may always remain my kids friendly doctor. I never hesitate to recommend him to others who ask for a good Pediatrician.

Submitted Jan. 5, 2008 | flag

We love Dr. Bannister. We recently reloacted to this state and he was highly recommended to us by several people in the area. He was great with our son at his checkup. Very thorough, and treats the kids well as well as the parent(s). We will go back to Dr. Bannister.

Submitted Jan. 14, 2007 | flag