Rate Dr. William F. DeVito

Dr. William F. DeVito's Ratings

I have been a patient for about 10 years and he has been right on and concise with his diagnosise

Submitted Sept. 12, 2013 | flag

Slow to follow-up, Slow to read test results and respond, staff is rude on the phone, appointments are hard to schedule, and sometimes take a week before you can get in. Does not do a thorough examination, dismisses things too early.

Submitted Jan. 28, 2013 | flag

Doctor and staff are helpful, courteous - have been with this doctor for 8+ years - DeVito is a down to earth family doctor. Highly recommend him. He has a great sense of humor, too - bedside manner A+ Give him a try - you'll be happily surprised :)

Submitted June 2, 2011 | flag

Dr. De Vito now has a private practice in Prescott along with another DO. He is by far the best doctor that I have ever seen! Good help is hard to find and his staff tries hard. I don't believe that he is curretly accepting new patients as my wife tried to get an appointment and was turned away. I'm just glad that I am on his list!!

Submitted Jan. 23, 2011 | flag

He has been my Dr for years. He is now in Prescott instead of Prescott Valley Emergency site. He has called me at home at times, very thoughtful & caring. Doesn't mind referring me to a specialist if it is out of his field.. Good Dr that will do that !!! I hope he never retires ..Judy Dunbar

Submitted March 14, 2008 | flag

Dr. De Vito is kind and caring, but too passive when faced with a problem. He assumes it is something and unless you insist on other tests, that is that. In my case, I asked him how we could confirm the diagnosis and he said, "If this medication fixes it, then that is confirmation." However, I learned later that this was not true, that medication works quickly for a lot of diseases. It delayed my diagnosis and treatment for several months. Considering I have seen him for years, he possibly could have diagnosed it with more subtle clues had he paid attention. The last few times I have seen him, I felt he was clinically depressed. His office is understaffed and, while friendly enough, it is hard to get trough, and sometimes messages aren't answered.

Submitted Dec. 2, 2007 | flag

Doctor Devito is a great doctor. I have lung problems that he was unable to treat so he got me a pulmonologist. He always took time for me. He was not always punctual when I had an appt. but somtimes that can't be helped. If it was all the time it would be a problem but it was only on rare occasions. I live in oklahoma now or he would till be my doctor. Thanks doctor I miss ya!

Submitted May 17, 2007 | flag

Dr DeVito is the most caring doctor I have ever gone to. I am overweight and have never been treated with anything other than respect. He is paid a salary by the clinic no matter how mzny patients he sees. Being the newest Dr on staff they often overload him. You should see the old jalopy he drives. He always goes the extra mile to be helpful, even though I know he is overworked

Submitted Oct. 4, 2006 | flag

This is positively the worst doctor that I have ever personally seen. He was not only late, but very rude. Do not go to see him if you are overweight or smoke because he will not only make fun of you, but misdiagnose your problems as caused by these things. We had to go see another doctor who correctly diagnosed my wife with "whooping cough" and gave her the proper medication. Dr. DeVito simply dismissed her cough as a "smoker's cough" without finding the truth to the matter. He seemed very rushed and unsympathetic to his patients.

Submitted Sept. 3, 2006 | flag

I have never waited more than 20 minutes for Dr. DeVito. Usually 5 or 10. He is kind. He is thorough. I recall one time I told him I had another problem but had to make another appt, since I had got in on an emergency. He leaned back against the counter, crossed his arms, said, "Tell me." He is thorough, never rushed. I am amazed. Of course the Prescott Vally Primary and Urgent Care is excellent. Dr. DeVito doesn't do Urgent Care, just a Primary Care doctor. (They're different businesses.)

Submitted Dec. 20, 2005 | flag