Rate Dr. Marian C. Allen

Dr. Marian C. Allen's Ratings

I've never been treated so horribly by a doctor's office in my life! I was REALLY sick and called for an appointment. Not only did they lady abruptly tell me that she could NOT schedule me (she wanted to take my number and call me back), but she also proceeded to tell me the Dr cannot see me for over a month!!! I left my number in desperate hopes SOMEONE would help me and went back to laying like death on my bed. I called over and over, and I got worse so I went to an urgent care and had to self-pay because my primary care (This horrible doctor) could not even be bothered to return my many calls and messages. Turns out I had acute bronchial pneumonia and had to be given shots of steroid and antibiotics, as well as medications. Thank goodness I had the sense to take myself somewhere else, I'd be dead before these people ever got back to me. I'm now changing my PCP with my insurance.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2421537].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 27, 2014

The staff was nice but the doctor was far from nice. My 59 year old mother changed to her practice to get closer to home and a doctor that would put her on a program that worked. The first visit, she was rude but we just shrugged it off because she seemed to want to help.The next visit she cut us off, got angry because we asked too many questions and "talked too much." The next visit was even worse. I offered to write a number down for my mother who cant see well and she called us codependent and that wouldnt be allowed in her office. My mom is disabled and I help her consistently and that offended me. I quit going in the exam room because of her. The next visit went ok according to my mom but the next visit after that was awful. She told my mom to find a new doctor because my mom honestly answered a question on her form. Im appalled. She has no bedside manner, no compassion and is one of the rudest doctors I have ever seen. My elderly mother was in tears.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][759845].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 4, 2013

Have been to her office 4 times in past 2 months. Extremely long wait times in both waiting room and exam room (almost 1.5 hr each time). Dr. is nice but absent minded and I've had to go back to her office to get prescriptions and orders corrected since no one returns calls to either patient, pharmacies, or other providers. Each visit is another charge. When I complained to office staff today, they just laughed and said they heard similar complaints nearly every day. While I was in waiting room today, the other 3 patients all had similar complaints. Not worth the frustration or taking the chance of relying on her or her office in case of a serious illness.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][759844].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 18, 2013

Dr. Allen is an A-1 doctor. Very genuine, shows much concern while absorbing the patients needs and wants. Doctor Allen also does tests at the accurate time, communicates very well with patients and continues to keep the patients health as a number one priority. She also does appropriate follow-ups, returns calls in an prompt manner. Doctor Allen has my full praise and consideration. Thank you Doctor Allen...MMJones

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][759843].votes_count ]]