Dr. Wilbert James Henneberg

Grad. Year: 1973

Answers Email: Y
Online Appt. Scheduling: N
Accepting New Patients:Y

Profile updated 21/06/12    Submit profile update    Subscribe to profile updates

Rating: 4.4 out of 5 (5 is best), based on 18 reviews. Dr. Wilbert James Henneberg has a good overall rating on RateMDs.com. smile

New! - Questions and answers about this doctor

The following ratings and comments have not been substantiated by RateMDs.com.
Date Staff Punctual Helpful Knowledge Review Comments
RID: 2571038

26/02/13 1 1 2 2 In conclusion, our experience was not good. My advice, research your doctor and take your time. Ask questions and don’t be afraid to switch doctors.  Respond
RID: 2233715
11/06/12 5 4 5 5 I love Dr. Henniberg. Changed My OBGYN to Dr. Henniberg in 2010. He has wonderful bedside manner, always makes me feel comfortable & never rushed. After trying for two years on my own to get pregnant. I was so pleased to find out that Dr. Henniberg was also an Infertility Dr. Went thru a terrible Miscarriage & felt that Dr. Henniberg was very understanding & sympathetic. I am now pregnant with my first baby 24 weeks, & being a new mommy I have tons of questions. Dr. Henniberg never laughs at my questions & gives me the straight nitty gritty. I couldn’t ask for a better OBGYN he is very tender & explains everything that he is doing so you never have any surprises.
Insurance: United Healthcare
RID: 1672373
29/12/11 5 4 5 5 Dr. Henneberg has been my doctor for over a decade and I would never go elsewhere. I moved to Valencia years ago and still travel to Pasadena just for my gynecologist visits with him. He and Becky always make me feel very comfortable and answer all of my questions. Very knowledgeable, kind and funny doctor. I highly recommend him.  Respond

22/05/11 SYSTEM: 2 positive duplicate or disallowed ratings automatically removed
RID: 1199801
30/06/10 4 5 5 5 Dr. Henneberg delivered my son 4 months ago. He was understanding, professional, kind, and helpful. He was very supportive during the delivery and when I was getting my epidural. My husband and I were very pleased with his help throughout my pregnancy and up to the delivery.
RID: 1169064
13/05/10 4 4 1 1 Not a good doctor. After him I went to females. I was 40 and had two miscarriages and I asked him if there is something I should take to help the growing babies out (like Progesterone) and he said nope but you could be 25 instead of 40. Always making a comment like "you could be younger". Third try he thought I miscarried at 6weeks (dr sirott would have waited) and scheduled me for a DNC! After 1 week I felt like the baby was ok and asked for a ultrasound to be given before the DNC. His comments before the ultrasound reading were "well, there probably won't be a heartbeat" very negative. He was surprised when he heard the heartbeat. I saved my own baby! She's now a beautiful 2 year old girl. It turned out to be a fibroid bleeding in my uterus! He didn't even know it was a fibroid. I went to a female doc instead and she could tell right away that it was a fibroid. I'm sticking to the lady doctors. I heard terrible stories from friends as well about Henneberg.
RID: 1123997
09/03/10 3 5 5 4 Nice man, had three surgical procedures with him, including hysterectomy, wonderful bedside manner, straightforward and factual but also reassuring. BUT -- terrible billing person in office, rude, inefficient, doesn't know what she's talking about but is in your face about it. Refuse to deal with her -- others will help you if you do.
RID: 1003244
05/10/09 5 5 5 5 My husband & I love Dr. Henneberg & his wonderful assistant Becky. He delivered my daughter 4 years ago & through the entire pregnancy was reassuring, knowledgeable, comforting, & professional. He caught my daughter's heart problem in-utero early & sent me to a specialist, she delivered just fine despite a challenging labor. He was very open to cameras, videos, visitors & when I was whisked away for an emergency C-section, he took my husband aside & gave him a quick reassuring chat, "in a few minutes, you will find that you will love something more than anything you have ever loved before". He gave my husband the option of watching the C-section (keeping the drape down) which he did, what an experience for him. He was open to all of the choices we made, but yes, he's not overly progressive (he isn't a proponent of bioidenticals, so I've had to look elsewhere). He is still my GYN, always pleasant with a smile, & despite his conservativeness, he is a great, caring doc, highly recommend!  Respond
RID: 995050
24/09/09 5 5 4 5 Dr. Henneberg is a great doctor. He delivered my twins in 2003. He was calm, confident, reassuring, and very competent. His staff is wonderful.
RID: 884353
11/05/09 4 4 4 4 Dr. Hennenberg delivered my son in 2003 and is my regular GYN. I've had only good experiences with him, but have had two friends feel that he had a hurried, rushed and defensive bedside manner. I do think that he does not like any "alternative" approaches to childbirth and was quite dismissive (even laughed) at our choice to have a doula with us in the delivery room. We didn't care about his reaction .. we still had the doula with us and all worked out fine. So, if you want to stray from "the norm," he may not be your best option.
RID: 824409
10/03/09 5 5 5 5 I have a small ins. co that was not on list. He is the best doctor ever. I hope he never retires. He has a sense of humor, super knowledgeable and makes you feel at ease and his assistant Becky is the bomb. It is very difficult to find great doctors but I have been blessed to find a wonderful ob/gyn that i wouldn't trade for the world. He delivered both my babies naturally but I was induced and was happy with the outcome. I never have had serious problems. If you are looking for a wonderful, caring, sweet doctor, Dr. Henneberg is your guy. Rarely have to wait more than 10 mintues, staff is great and helpful and everyone is more than knowledgeable.  Respond
RID: 735147
03/12/08 5 5 5 5 I loved him. He delivered 3 of my children and most of my friends. I really enjoyed having him as my doctor.
RID: 662187
11/08/08 5 5 5 5 Dr. Henneberg is great! He is very knowledgeable, straight-forward and professional ... plus a good sense of humor. I highly recommend Dr. Henneberg.
Insurance: Aetna
RID: 656672
05/08/08 1 5 1 4 Competent doctor but uncaring bedside manner. I found him to defensive when questioned about anything and dismissive of my concerns. His nursing and support staff acted similarly. Made me feel like I was just a big problem patient whenever I voiced concerns about my pregnancy or had questions about my treatment. If you need a caring, supportive atmosphere - especially if you are high risk like I was - go elsewhere. If you have a non-complicated pregnancy and no questions, you'll likely be satisfied.
RID: 521447
22/02/08 5 5 5 5 I just had my first baby with Dr. Henneberg, and he was calm, kind, reassuring and knowledgeable throughout my pregnancy. I was very happy to have him as my doctor
Insurance: United Healthcare
RID: 73765
23/12/06 5 5 5 Dr. Henneberg is the absolute best doctor. He has delivered 3 babies in our family already and we are sure he will deliver those to come. He is caring, knowledgeable, trustworthy, and very professional. Although we have moved to Orange county, we will continue to see him. Thank you Dr. Henneberg for helping bring my daughter into this world!
RID: 59792
28/11/06 4 5 5 Dr. H delivered my son 11 years ago. He's terrific!
Paid (or co-pay): $20
RID: 59480
27/11/06 5 5 5 Very Good, kind and patient with our questions. Very professional and comforting. Thank you Dr. Highly Reccommend.  Respond
RID: 23231
20/02/06 4 5 5 He is the best doctor!! He's caring, compassionate and has great bedside manners. He has delivered all 3 of my kids and made my difficult pregnancies a lot more bearable.