Dr. Katherine D. Sherif

Grad. Year: 1991

Answers Email: N
Online Appt. Scheduling: N
Accepting New Patients:Y

Profile updated 10/02/14    Submit profile update    Subscribe to profile updates

Rating: 5.0 out of 5 (5 is best), based on 21 reviews. Dr. Katherine D. Sherif has an excellent overall rating on RateMDs.com. smile

New! - Questions and answers about this doctor

The following ratings and comments have not been substantiated by RateMDs.com.
Date Staff Punctual Helpful Knowledge Review Comments

06/02/14 SYSTEM: 'birds of a feather' score (based on Medicare patients-in-common): 2.0

20/10/13 SYSTEM: First Name changed from "Katherine" to "Katherine D."
RID: 2555810
10/02/13 5 5 5 5 She was wonderful I would recommend her to anyone that has issues with PCOS. I have seen doctors over the past several years that would never take my condition serious. She talked to me and explained everything that was going on with my body perfectly and made me feel like a person again.  Respond
RID: 1668460
23/12/11 4 1 5 5 Dr. Sherif is absolutely AMAZING and I would HIGHLY recommend her. She is very knowledgeable, intelligent, compassionate, understanding, and extremely sweet.
Insurance: Medicare
RID: 1455011
01/06/11 4 3 5 5 Katherine Sherif is kind, compassionate, caring, and a wonderful doctor.
Insurance: Medicare
RID: 1319621
22/12/10 5 5 5 5 Dr. Sherif spent so much time getting to know me. She diagnosed me with something my local doctors misdiagnosed. I feel very fortunate to be a patient of hers.
RID: 1290348
10/11/10 4 4 5 5 I feel so fortunate to have Dr. Sherif as my physician. She is extremely intelligent and knowledgeable, but more importantly, she is kind, caring, and compassionate. During my visits with her, I feel like I am chatting with a good friend, rather than a physican. I have never met a physican like her. She always asks me what is going on in my life, and I feel like she knows me, something that I never felt with any other physician I have seen. While I have had to wait to see Dr Sherif, I have never found the wait to be very long. Like others have said, she takes her time to really listen, so it very understandable that there she may run a little behind. Also, she has always apologized if she does run behind, which shows that she is respectful of my time. I can not say enough positive things about Dr. Sherif. She is top notch!
RID: 1199203
30/06/10 3 4 5 5 Dr. Sherif is the best doctor I have seen to date. She is extremely friendly, compassionate and knowledgable. She takes her time to listen to you and thoroughly understand your individuals situation. Dr. Sherif is truly a gem. She has changed my life in so many ways - mentally and physically! Although some may think the wait at her office is rather long, I must admit that I never wait any longer at Dr. Sherif's office than I do at any other doctor's office. Also, I noticed that Dr. Sherif's office implemented a new telephone/message system a few months ago (early 2010). This system is much, much better than the last system she had. My calls are routed/returned quickly and my prescriptions/refills are called in almost immediately.
Insurance: CIGNA
RID: 1033209
13/11/09 5 5 5 5 Wonderful - thorough - takes the time to get to know the patient. I can't say enough good things about this woman.
RID: 1003412
06/10/09 5 3 5 5 There is NO ONE like Katherine Sherif. Count yourslef very lucky if she is your doctor. If you have to wait to see her....well, so be it. She is well worth the wait. Bring a book and relax. She won't rush you one bit when you see her and will be the most intelligent, caring and well thought out physician you will ever see. Way ahead of her time and not afraid to go out on a limb to help her pts.  Respond
RID: 933958
10/07/09 5 4 5 5 Words cannot describe what Dr. Sherif has done for me. I suffered for many years and Dr. Sherif truly saved me. some people will complain about the wait, but trust me she is worth every minute. The first time I met with her she went through my entire history. She spent an hour and a half with me going over all of the diagnosis, tests, medications, and procedures that I had. That is unheard of in the medical profession. Dr. Sherif is so swamped because she is one of the few doctors who actually cares, listens, and helps. Her knowledge is vast and she is open to alternative treatments. I was lucky enough to hear her speak at a conference and that's how I discovered this brilliant physician. Dr. Katherine Sherif is a beacon of hope for those who have been abandoned or mistreated by the medical community. She restored my faith in physicians and is a true example of what medicine should be. Thanks Doc!
RID: 919236
22/06/09 5 4 5 5 Dr. Sherif is the best doctor I've seen. She's compassionate and understanding and really knows her stuff. I've seen and worked with a lot of different physicians and she's top notch. She really listens and cares about your health and well being and helps you make informed decisions on how to best treat your own body. She doesn't force anything on you and treats you like a real human being with feelings. I can't say enough positives about her and her staff!
RID: 687345
19/09/08 5 4 5 5 Words are just not sufficient to describe Dr. Sherif- but I'll try a few anyway: amazing, compassioniate, brilliant, humorous, open-minded, ahead of her time. I am one of those people who thought I would never find a doctor who would be able to help with my PCOS, plus my other medical problems, who would actually be open to the fact that I have questions, and thoughts of my own, and medications I want to try. She's just the best there is, every time I walk into her office frustrated by my symptoms, I leave feeling like things are going to be OK because Dr. Sherif and I have come up with a new plan TOGETHER. Yes, that's right, she actually works WITH her patients, she listens, she comes up with suggestions-- but not ORDERS. She's just so different than any doctor I've ever met before and it's an amazing experience being cared for by Dr. Sherif. Yes, ok, sometimes she late-- but not 2 hours-- 20 minutes- she always apologizes, and she never rushes you out, she's worth the wait!!!  Respond
RID: 646666
23/07/08 4 3 5 5 Extremely knowledgeable, compassionate & non-judgemental. Takes the time to thoroughly answer question & address all issues. You may have to wait (was running behind for 2 of 3 visits), but you won't be rushed through your appointment and it will be worth your time.
RID: 630395
04/07/08 5 5 5 5 Dr. Sherif is absolutely the best there is. She's compassionate, takes the time to talk to you, returns her phone calls, apologizes when she's running late-- even if only by a few minutes (which probably happens because she actually spends time with her patients...) she's extremely smart and excellent at problem solving. She is absolutely wonderful and the embodiment of what a doctor should be.  Respond
RID: 577238
28/04/08 5 4 5 5 This doctor is AMAZING! I first met her when I was hospitalized for abdominal pain. I had already scheduled an appointment with her at the time I was hospitalized, but it wasn't for another 2 months. She was so unbelievably sweet while I was in the hospital, took a full history, made sure I was as comfortable as possible and made sure I could be discharged as soon as I was healthy enough to go home-- but not before then. She arranged to see me as a follow-up even though I was still technically a new patient, she took the time to listen to my concerns and work with me to solve them, and scheduled a follow up with me so that the new medications had time to work, but soon enough that if they aren't working, I won't have to go too long without an appointment. She was about 20 minutes late, but my appointment was 4:00 on a Friday and she apologized profusely. She's really nice, very smart and truly cares about her patients. It doesn't get better than that!
RID: 473057
29/12/07 5 5 5 5 This doctor saved my life. There isn't a better doc out there!!!
RID: 370881
21/07/07 5 5 5 5 My daughter has PCOS and it is very tough for a teenager. We saw a famous doctor in NYC who was good medically but lousy with the emotional issues. Dr. Sherif is absolutely wonderful with both medical, emotional etc etc. We love her, changed my daughter's life to have someone there for her.  Respond
RID: 242790
29/03/07 4 5 5 I have visited 3 times now and after years of no help for PCOS Dr. Sherif is the one that is helping me. She sees me not less then every 3 months and she understands when you work full-time and go to school part-time that you may not have all the time in the world to exercise. She instead offers ways to get some activity in as you go about your busy day.
Paid (or co-pay): $20
RID: 77647
08/01/07 5 5 5 I actually taught her when she was an intern and I a resident in Phila; she's fantastic. As a patient, you will not find a better doctor!  Respond
RID: 58453
24/11/06 5 5 5 Katherine is the most incredible doctor I have seen. She is knowledgeable, kind, attentive, and understanding. I feel lucky to have found her.
RID: 21105
16/01/06 4 5 5 OUTSTANDING!! After misdiagnosis and bad doctor experiences she got right to the heart of the matter. Incredibly compassionate and understanding. Listens and explains everything clearly and will spend all the time with you that you need. Never met a better doctor and could not recommend her more highly. She was running a bit late..but it is because she spends so much individual time with each patient. Also staff there at the desk and lab were also wonderful.
RID: 16075
30/11/05 5 5 5 really outstanding, compassionate, listens and talks to you, agressive about investigating and solving medical problems. after some terrible experiences with others doctors, a godsend to find her.  Respond
* - Rating left by a registered user