Rate Dr. Richard G. Fessler

Dr. Richard G. Fessler's Ratings

Dr. Fessler operated on my L5-S1 vertebrae. He did a lumbar fusion. He also cleaned up some arthritic material or bone spurs. This guy is an absolute wizard. He arthroscopically performed all of this major surgical procedure in a minimally invasive way. Within days i was up walking around. i was driving a car and doing most normal daily stuff within 3 weeks. He did the surgery July 9th. I still have some pain and flexibility issues. My recovery continues. But my severe Sciatica is GONE. I could never thank this man enough. he is the best at what he does. I drove from COlumbus, Ohio to Chicago to have him work on me. No complaints. Zero. The staff was great. The two nights at RUSH Medical CEnter were great. Not a single bad experience. Recommend 100%. If you can find a way to let him work on you, DO IT

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2532057].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 10, 2014

I have severe neck pain and cervical radiculopathy, , tried to get an appointment to see De. Fesseler, basically waited for 3 months to see him. I drove 3-4 hours to get Chicago and stayed in hotel the night before to get into appointment on time . On the day of visit , After waiting for 2 hours to get register his office at Rush , taking x rays , however, finally a nurse practitioner came in and told me De. Fesseler did not want to see me because had my neck injury was related a car accident , he does not want to involve this kind of case. I told the NP that I just wants to get better, waited for 3 months to seek an option of minimum invasive surgery after exhausting all of the conservatives . He even did not come in to talk to me at all even the office contacted with me several times to confirm the appointment . If you have severe back or neck pain, awaiting for surgery, I would highly highly not recommend Dr.Fesseler even though he has a big name as a patient !!!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2462704].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 8, 2014

Dr. Fessler performed an anterior dissection and fusion on my c5-c6 vertebrae. He did an excellent job. It has been 6 months and I have continued to get better. When I went in for surgery my pain was a 10. Now I have virtually none. He is the best in Chicago if you ask me. It takes a long time to see him because of his expertise. If you can wait with the pain, it will be worth it. I would recommend him to anyone who needed spinal surgery.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2045379].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 5, 2013

he did a great job on 2 surgeries that were complicated and he seems like a great guy and great doctor. However both surgeries had complications that caused me a great deal of problems and his office staff never would get back with me on questions and follow up. His nurse in particular promised me follow ups and never would call back.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2045378].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 13, 2013

drove from st louis, over one year later after 15 years of pain i feel great

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2045377].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 4, 2012

Outstanding surgeon. I had 2 spinal surgeries performed by Dr. Fessler. The only negative is long waits to see him. If you can live with that you must see him.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2045376].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 12, 2011

The best doctor ever. Warm, intelligent, efficient and miraculous. Thanks heaven for doctors like Richard G. Fessler.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2045375].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 4, 2010

I had a surgeon in Virginia tell me I would need an open laminectomy. I found and investigated Dr. Fessler through the Internet. We communicated by e-mail, I sent him my MRI, and he responded that he could do minimally invasive surgery on the intradural schwannoma at L5-S1. He operated on 1/15/2008. Virtually no pain after the first day and I walked 15 miles the week following surgery. I HIGHLY recommend him!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2045374].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 28, 2008

the best doctor, excelent performance,minimaly invasive surgery with minimum scars and recovery.I dicoverd him after interviewing eight other surgens and found him down to earth,understanding and the bet of the best.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2045373].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 17, 2008

You cant get in to see him... I tried to no avail to get an appt.. at any time any day..Top rated what good is it when you get no appt scheduled

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2045372].votes_count ]]