Rate Dr. Howard N. Barrow

Dr. Howard N. Barrow's Ratings

Outpatient surgery:Dr.Barrow tried to make me be seen 3 times in one week. 1 for requesting,1 for an exam,1 for preop. POLICY was to be seen by HIM two times before surgery. His surgery scheduler was mean. Respiratory called Dr.Barrow from post op,my blood gas levels were 46, to get an order for oxygen they gave me. His reply,"Take her off the oxygen and send her home." As he refused to care for me another doctor on hospital staff took over my care and increased O 2 to 3 ltrs. Chest x-ray and CT of my chest revealed pneumonia and hypoxia. Resp treatments and tests were continued the next day and sent home w/oxygen. 2 days after I asked for an antibiotic due to being a diabetic and I was refused. At his office requesting the med, Dr Barrow stood 6ft behind his nurse telling her to tell me he would not see me. ER that day agreed I needed an antibiotic. IF HE DID NOT KNOW HOW TO CARE FOR ME HE SHOULD HAVE ASKED FOR HELP NOT ORDER ME HOME TO POSS DIE W/O 2 LEVELS DROPPING!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2045985].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 15, 2014

I would not recommend this doctor at all. Was quoted a copay for a service, paid it, and left.. Then I received a bill for more than twice the amount. Bait and switch billing? I contacted the insurance company to see if they had somehow misrepresented what they would pay and they advised me they had a contract with the doctor and that office knew in advance what the insurance reimbursement would be. SO.. they intentionally under quoted the co-pay to get my service then charged over twice as much.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2045992].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 18, 2012

Fantastic doctor! Empathetic and thorough; solved my ongoing ear problem. Office staff (in my opinion) often seems "too busy" and resentful for the distraction. Nursing assistant is A-1.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2045991].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 4, 2009

Good MD, Solved the problem. Front office staff leaves a lot to be desired; short, abrupt and seem not to care. Give the impression that they feel overworked. Seem more interested in getting their lunch order in. Too bad; the doctor does a good job and he (and the patients)deserve better. One has to wonder if he is aware of the perceived attitude.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2045990].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 16, 2008

He did an excellent job on a microsurgury performed on me. My hearing improved. Great great great!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2045989].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 25, 2007

This doctor is the best! He was very knowledgeable about my problem and caring.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2045988].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 6, 2006

The doctor appears very on top of things.....he solved my problem. His office phone staff seems uninterested and abrupt; I expected better from such a professional MD.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2045987].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 30, 2005

Good doctor....reception staff leaves much to be desired; abrupt, uncaring, and almost downright rude on the telephone.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2045986].votes_count ]]