Rate Dr. Norman Bull

Dr. Norman Bull's Ratings

Really great with children...my oldest who is 7 now took about 5 visits before he would sit in chair and the staff and dr did not pressure him ever. I appreciated their patience.

Submitted Sept. 3, 2014 | flag

I have had and still have, Dr Bull for 12 years now, and I just love him! He is so friendly, caring and knowledgeable. He is always on time and very good to my children. I love how he signs to my youngest while checking her teeth out. Some of his staff are super friendly, caring and understanding . But some are very rude! They have treated me like I was dirty or something! I would rate Dr Bull and SOME of his staff a 5 :)

Submitted Oct. 28, 2013 | flag

I've been taking my kids to Dr. Bull for about 8 years. He's great with them. My huge complaint is when my son was about 1.5 years old his enamel on his teeth was deteriorating and they were bleeding because the nerves were exposed. So Dr. Bull pulled all 4 of his front top teeth out, right there in the chair. It was the most traumatic ever experience ever for both my son and my husband and myself. We ended up going to another dentist for my son, and he was very upset that the teeth were pulled, he said that they could have been saved and capped. My son didn't get his adult front teeth until the end of grade 4. His teeth have grown in crooked and with a big gap between the front 2. Now my youngest who is 17 months old is having the same problem with her teeth, Dr. Bull says he will cap them but it will be a 4 month wait because she will need general anesthesia and be at the hospital. I fear in 4 months there won't be enough of the teeth to save. I'm now looking for a new dentist!

Submitted Oct. 8, 2011 | flag

On one single occasion my teen daughter forgot to present herself to the desk staff until she had been there for 30 minutes. This was counted as a missed appointment. I suggested to the staff that they could have called her name and found her there, but they apparently took offense to my remark--9 months later I called to ask why we were no longer receiving reminders, and was told (after being on hold for 10 minutes) that we were no longer clients of the dentist. I was not given any valid reason other than 'missed appointments'. I asked to have an explanation and was told there was none beyond a note from the dentist saying we were no longer clients. Nothing untoward was ever done, it was simply a misunderstanding. I feel it was unprofessional not to have a senior staff person discuss this or try to sort it out, to just cancel our account without any word is unprofessional and coarse on the part of this dentist. Be aware that if you upset his staff, you won't be allowed there.

Submitted Aug. 8, 2011 | flag

I'm jealous of my kid. I wish I had this dentist growing up. My child loves going tp the dentist. It is not a scary experience at all!

Submitted Feb. 10, 2011 | flag

I have been going to Dr.Bull for years! I have never found anything bad about the man (except some of his jokes) and I think he has a wonderful way with kids. I'm also someone that has had a lot of cavities due to low enamel, and I might question some of the fillings..but I'm not traumatized by getting them! :p As a dentist he is the best in pediatricts and his office is amazing, I wouldn't go elsewhere- and I'm now over 20- They haven't kicked me out yet!! Send your kids there for sure-every kid in my neighborhood went there, and now all the kids I look after do!

Submitted March 11, 2010 | flag

I've been going to Dr. Bull as long as I can remember. He's been a great Dr. he has always worked on what needed to be done. He doesn't really force anything on a child. I'm going to continue to see Dr. Bull until I'm at the age of 19.

Submitted Jan. 19, 2010 | flag

As parents, you only want the necessary works done for your child's baby teeth, but not minor ones. but for the dentist, he want anything possible to be done. I was fooled once, I chose to trust the dentist over my instinct. I suspected after the horrible experience, but not sure. After the visit with my other child who only has a very very minor cavity, and he said the same thing like the cavity will get bigger, and I'll have to extract the teeth. Bla bla.... I didn't deny him face to face. But after the assitant finished the paper work and asked me to see the dentist for my child's treatment, I refused to see him. NO need and don't trust him anymore. Just remember parents, you are the only ones who care the most about your volunable children, don't let the dentists' words beats your instinct. Dentistry is money driven business too, especilly when you have good insurance. It doesn't matter how good your insurance is, you don't want any unnecessary work to be done to those BABY teeth.

Submitted Jan. 10, 2010 | flag

Take second opinion if you were told that your child need to be put to sleep for 40 or 60 minutes to get the teeth done, as Dr might tell you that the teeth are always urgent to be done, otherwise he will have to extract the teeth in the future. GA is no joking, even though GA is safer now as many Doctors said ,they still have a higher risk comparing sedation and local anasethia, GA is the highest level. I don't know why GA is so widely used in dental surgery here, children don't have to have perfect teeth, if young children have to use GA for the dental surgery, it must be only choice left, if the baby teeth are not in real urgence to be fixed, why not wait when the child is bigger and the work can be done under sedation and local anasethia. Do some research online. Is there any regulation of using GA in very young children' dental treatment in Victoria,or BC or Canada?

Submitted Dec. 16, 2009 | flag

Please note that Dr. Bull is NOT a pediatric dentist. He merely chooses to limit the practice to children. This is important if your child requires treatment other then regular cleanings. Then you should consider seeing an actual specialist.

Submitted Dec. 9, 2009 | flag