Rate Dr. Douglas M. Dahl

Dr. Douglas M. Dahl's Ratings

Dr Dahl is not only an artist, but a great guy. I could not have received better care or a better result. I was surprised by how painless the procedure was.

Submitted Dec. 27, 2013 | flag

Clear communicator, so no surprises. Technical skills are outstanding

Submitted Sept. 2, 2013 | flag

Excellent doctor. I traveled 800 miles to have surgery with Dr Dahl. Best decision of my life. Thanks to Dr Dahl, I have my life back. I can enjoy my family and I'm back to work full time.

Submitted March 12, 2013 | flag

Dahl performed a laparoscopic radical prostatectomy on me 11/2002 for early-stage cancer at age 64. In the aftermath, negligible urinary incontinence, but erectile function never recovered--for which I blame the odds, not Dahl. Recovery from the procedure was very rapid and uncomplicated, and his follow-up care has been excellent in every way, including help with workarounds for the impotence. (My advice: pray for nerve regeneration and a partner with a sense of humor.)

Submitted Jan. 29, 2008 | flag

Dr. Dahl worked on me after I returned from having a Radical Prostatectomy done at John Hopkins. I recommend him strongly. He operated on me later for my inability to pee due to scar tissue. He did very well as I am totally continent.

Submitted Aug. 16, 2007 | flag

Dr Dahl has been doing laparoscopic radical prostatectomies for about the past 5 years - total of about 500 I think, and I chose him to remove my PCa which was diagnosed in May 2005 when I was 54. The surgical team were very good and the procedure went well. I was quite comfortable off pain meds within 2 days and back at work about 3 weeks after surgery. More importantly, I have been lucky enough to retain excellent erectile function and urinary continence - both of those are at substantial risk from the procedure. Either I got lucky or he's a very skilled surgeon - I suspect a bit of both. I have no hesitation recommending him for anyone unfortunate enough to be looking for a skilled prostate surgeon in Boston MA. He operates at MGH and his team does 3 LRP's each week. He's young, very skilled, and I found him to be an excellent choice for my situation. (I happen to be a physician which probably made his job harder!!)

Submitted Feb. 5, 2006 | flag