Rate Dr. Douglas M. Dahl

Dr. Douglas M. Dahl's Ratings

He diagnosed me, gave me choices, educated me to make the best choice and performed the surgery. He and his team took outstanding care of me an I couldn't be happier with the care I was provided.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2588341].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 22, 2014

Dr Dahl is not only an artist, but a great guy. I could not have received better care or a better result. I was surprised by how painless the procedure was.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2046692].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 27, 2013

Clear communicator, so no surprises. Technical skills are outstanding

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2046691].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 2, 2013

Excellent doctor. I traveled 800 miles to have surgery with Dr Dahl. Best decision of my life. Thanks to Dr Dahl, I have my life back. I can enjoy my family and I'm back to work full time.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2046690].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 12, 2013

Dahl performed a laparoscopic radical prostatectomy on me 11/2002 for early-stage cancer at age 64. In the aftermath, negligible urinary incontinence, but erectile function never recovered--for which I blame the odds, not Dahl. Recovery from the procedure was very rapid and uncomplicated, and his follow-up care has been excellent in every way, including help with workarounds for the impotence. (My advice: pray for nerve regeneration and a partner with a sense of humor.)

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2046689].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 29, 2008

Dr. Dahl worked on me after I returned from having a Radical Prostatectomy done at John Hopkins. I recommend him strongly. He operated on me later for my inability to pee due to scar tissue. He did very well as I am totally continent.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2046688].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 16, 2007

Dr Dahl has been doing laparoscopic radical prostatectomies for about the past 5 years - total of about 500 I think, and I chose him to remove my PCa which was diagnosed in May 2005 when I was 54. The surgical team were very good and the procedure went well. I was quite comfortable off pain meds within 2 days and back at work about 3 weeks after surgery. More importantly, I have been lucky enough to retain excellent erectile function and urinary continence - both of those are at substantial risk from the procedure. Either I got lucky or he's a very skilled surgeon - I suspect a bit of both. I have no hesitation recommending him for anyone unfortunate enough to be looking for a skilled prostate surgeon in Boston MA. He operates at MGH and his team does 3 LRP's each week. He's young, very skilled, and I found him to be an excellent choice for my situation. (I happen to be a physician which probably made his job harder!!)

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2046687].votes_count ]]